WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1976 River Cruiser History

toyaddiction

Reaction score
I picked this boat up about a month ago from Maxed Out Marine. I have had 4 V-Drive boats in the past and just love this thing. I now understand the following. Took the wife out and she wasn't to impressed. O well. I was wondering if anyone new anymore history or had some old pics before it was repainted. I found some pics of it with flames and checkers before the paint was changed to what it is now. I tried real hard to blow it up Sunday but just ran like a champ. It matches the wife's Jeep pretty good. There is also a In Loving Memory of Dad on the steering wheel. I wonder who Dad was.

IMG_3213.jpg IMG_3210.jpg New paint 9.jpg New paint.jpg 3.jpg

carlski

Reaction score
Hello,
This boat was originally built by Jimmy Mobley. He built the boat for ski racing and campaigned it very successfully for many years. Started with a blower motor then with with a twin turbo set up, built by Jimmy Louis of Louis Performance in Havasu

Jimmy owns Market Equipment Repair in Paramount. He is a true hot rodder and cam give you all the details of the boat. I hope this helps

Dad was his dad Big Jim who also ski raced back in the day

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Looks like Billy B's spray booth.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That boat is a tank. I've had it out on a windy day in havasu and it just eats the chop up. Such a cool piece. [emoji106]. The bulkheads are huge in it.

lenmann

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. Its great that we have place like RDP where the arcs of history on these boats can be connected. There are many things about Schiada's that are like other custom boat brands from the performance boat hey-day years. In my view one of things that sets Schiada's apart from the rest is that they were often built for owners that knew what they wanted in terms of ride, performance, and durability. These were buyers that knew what they wanted and had the means to pay for it. These boats got used hard, raced, and put up wet and many are still around. They have survived the test of time. Hell, your boat is 40 years old and it is still popping big grins and chubbies, just like the first time it hit the water.

All that said, any chance you could pop a few pics of the aforementioned massive bulkheads? I happen to be in the re-engineering phase of an RC that wasn't well cared for at all. I would really like to experience the rock stable ride OD1 referred to when mine his done.

Again congrats and thanks in advance.

toyaddiction

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. Its great that we have place like RDP where the arcs of history on these boats can be connected. There are many things about Schiada's that are like other custom boat brands from the performance boat hey-day years. In my view one of things that sets Schiada's apart from the rest is that they were often built for owners that knew what they wanted in terms of ride, performance, and durability. These were buyers that knew what they wanted and had the means to pay for it. These boats got used hard, raced, and put up wet and many are still around. They have survived the test of time. Hell, your boat is 40 years old and it is still popping big grins and chubbies, just like the first time it hit the water.

All that said, any chance you could pop a few pics of the aforementioned massive bulkheads? I happen to be in the re-engineering phase of an RC that wasn't well cared for at all. I would really like to experience the rock stable ride OD1 referred to when mine his done.

Again congrats and thanks in advance.

I will be out for a quick turn around on the 22nd. to pick up my side of beef from Joe at Fort Rock Farms. I will snap some pics.