WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTS] 1980 20’ Hallett

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
My dad took this in trade on his 240......

Gelcoat looks good, interior has been redone, 350 merc with an alpha drive. Trailer has new tires and powder coated wheels but could use a paint job. Asking $6500

Call Steve 503-781-2605
IMG_9520.JPG

IMG_9521.JPG
IMG_9522.JPG

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Looks like the boat is sold, guy is overnighting the money tomorrow. That was FAST!

frickster1970

Reaction score
Greetings, this is michael frick from Panama City Florida. Last July, I purchased a used 1980 Hallett 20' boat from a local boat dealership. My boat and trailer looks just like the one pictured in your post. I was wondering if you had any information as to who manufactured the boat trailer and where i can find the name plate anywhere on my trailer. My boat and trailer were severely neglected over the years and since I'm the new owner, it is my job to whip it back into shape. Any information you may have will be greatly appreciated. I called earlier today and left a message with contact information. Have a good day and thank you again for any guidance in this matter.

240Hallett

Reaction score
The trailer posted in this thread was probably made by Competitve judging by a couple of the traits.
95033E09-22F8-4BF4-87F7-BEFED0DDDF43.jpeg
CB0EE206-124C-4345-9F49-3B27418FF434.jpeg

Last edited:

frickster1970

Reaction score
Aha. They must have been the suppliers to Hallett for their boats. It is a stout and heavy trailer. mine has drum brakes and im not sure if they were electrical or mechanical. My 2002 Ford Ranger doesnt seam to mind pulling it, even out of the water but it does need help stopping so I need to get those brakes working again. Thank you for the information. I will Google them to see if they are still in business. Have a good day. :)

frickster1970

Reaction score
Okay, Just spike to Competitive Trailers and they confirmed that they have built trailers for Hallett for a long time. Unfortunately, they couldn't go back in their records from the 1980s through 1990s since most of that was on paper and not digital. This does end the quest of finding out what company made these particular trailers. Every Hallett boat listed for sale had the exact trailer under it as mine. Again, thank you for steering me in their direction. Im sure one day, I will probably need a new one since salt water raises hell with steel and not so much with aluminum. An interesting note to pass on to anyone who has the same question is Competitive Trailers still has the original jigs for Hallett boats so a newly built trailer should be a direct match to the shape of the boat. :)

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Was that DaddyMac's Hallett? Steve Mack? He had the twin to our 20SS Hallett and this looked just like Sportin"Wood.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Aha. They must have been the suppliers to Hallett for their boats. It is a stout and heavy trailer. mine has drum brakes and im not sure if they were electrical or mechanical. My 2002 Ford Ranger doesnt seam to mind pulling it, even out of the water but it does need help stopping so I need to get those brakes working again. Thank you for the information. I will Google them to see if they are still in business. Have a good day. :)

Epic FAIL, round here we use a F150 to tow anything. Not Ranger