WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1985 Howard Classic for sale 502 power

relaxalot

Reaction score
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Classic Howard in very good condition. Put a little polish to this rig and you will be good to go! This originally had a 426 Hemi motor that was removed in 2003 and a smooth running 502 with a 3 speed transmission was installed. This boat has had very little use. I am posting this for a friend. He is asking 25K OBO. Please contact Gary Bennett at 928-680-1553. Your chance to own a piece of Howard history![GALLERY=][/GALL[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]ERY]

Attachments

• IMG_7872.jpg
    IMG_7872.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_7862.jpg
    IMG_7862.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_7863.jpg
    IMG_7863.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 644
  • IMG_7865.jpg
    IMG_7865.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_7866.jpg
    IMG_7866.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_7869.jpg
    IMG_7869.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_7872.jpg
    IMG_7872.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 620

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That's your neighbors boat. He had me look at it and price for him. I don't think he liked what I gave him for value..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
More pics of it stripped down further showing the rigging is always good for us v-drive guys. Beyond that, everyones going to want to know the gearing and casale type, and info on prop never hurts.

25k is certainly not crazy out of line in todays market, and remember an asking price is simply that. I'd take a look at it if I wanted another cruiser, these things were tanks.

Also hard to tell from the pics, but I think this has the later deck? I thought they didnt start that until the mid-late 80s? but i've been wrong about a lot of things in my life. If it is the later deck that certainly brings the price up in my eyes as well.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
More pics of it stripped down further showing the rigging is always good for us v-drive guys. Beyond that, everyones going to want to know the gearing and casale type, and info on prop never hurts.

25k is certainly not crazy out of line in todays market, and remember an asking price is simply that. I'd take a look at it if I wanted another cruiser, these things were tanks.

Looks clean to me. I agree, rigging pics and details would be nice, and some pics outside of the entire boat. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Looks clean to me. I agree, rigging pics and details would be nice, and some pics outside of the entire boat. [emoji106]

I sent this to you back in 2018. I actually have a ton more pics of it.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I sent this to you back in 2018. I actually have a ton more pics of it.

I think I remember it. It’s been a long time and a lot of boats in between.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Boat is actually a 1985

Everything on the boat is original except the motor.

Used to have a HEMI, but kept blowing transmissions.
IMG_20180810_203800.jpg

relaxalot

Reaction score
I don’t know too much about this boat besides it used to be a race set up.. 426 Hemi.. The owner is my neighbor and he is a good man.. he recently put in a new fuel tank and he doesn’t use the boat.. I am sure that he is negotiable within reason.. Thanks for posting all of the pics! That helps...

vstdispatch

Reaction score
I don’t know too much about this boat besides it used to be a race set up.. 426 Hemi.. The owner is my neighbor and he is a good man.. he recently put in a new fuel tank and he doesn’t use the boat.. I am sure that he is negotiable within reason.. Thanks for posting all of the pics! That helps...

Clean boat priced good dont listen to all the keyboard warriors

jmeads

Reaction score

The market will tell you if the boat is priced right. If you are not getting any calls or people coming to see the boat, then it is priced too high. If the phone is ringing and offers are being made, then priced just right. :)

Many people are so proud of their boats they never sell them.

relaxalot

Reaction score
  1. New 502 with aluminum heads and braided lines was installed in 2003. New 400 transmission also installed. Boat was not used for years.. about 4 years ago he changed out fuel tanks (done by Absolute in Havasu).

sintax

Reaction score
The market will tell you if the boat is priced right. If you are not getting any calls or people coming to see the boat, then it is priced too high. If the phone is ringing and offers are being made, then priced just right. :)

Many people are so proud of their boats they never sell them.

I'm with you, like every item like this, its only worth what someone will be willing the shell out for it.

That being said, its not "everyones" boat. While these v-drive cruisers are in demand, its a very small market. There is a good bit more upkeep and knowledge necessary to ensure everything stays safe and together.

With the new pics above, i personally would have been all over it at 25k when I was shopping. Hell if I was not neck deep in this RaysonCraft I'd go look at it.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I'm with you, like every item like this, its only worth what someone will be willing the shell out for it.

That being said, its not "everyones" boat. While these v-drive cruisers are in demand, its a very small market. There is a good bit more upkeep and knowledge necessary to ensure everything stays safe and together.

With the new pics above, i personally would have been all over it at 25k when I was shopping. Hell if I was not neck deep in this RaysonCraft I'd go look at it.

I agree. It’s hard to value these old boats. One thing is true however. It takes cubic dollars to build a new one. Vdrive parts are hard to find and plates are all custom made. This package should be pretty turn key for someone. If the gel is as nice as the pics, and she runs and floats I don’t think it’s out of line in today’s market. Not much for sale under 25k that’s “nice”.