WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1986 Eliminator Liberty rebuild...

ChrisV

Reaction score
Put some graphics on that motor!!!!!

Dude, interior is bad ass. Did I miss who you said did it? Reasonable?
Thanks dude! Ill get all the stickers situated soon. I keep forgetting but ill take a pic of the business card.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Damn looks good and you covered the whole color spectrum between white and black!! Haha have fun on your trip!
Thank you! I wanted simple. Debating what color I should coat the trailer once I build it. Probably be in the winter though.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Added a meter hr. 5hrs of break in and gotta keep it below 4500. 😒
38EB60BC-1CCA-4331-92DF-E7283FE85194.jpeg
A50600F9-E58C-4310-970B-3E5FC4577831.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
My Daytona is all white and sits on a gray trailer, painted by the previous owner. It's not bad the way it is, but I'll probably change it if I decide to add some color to the boat. Red keeps calling my name, simply because one of my trucks is red....but the other is white. So......hence, my dilemma. 😁 Slick install on the hour meter. 👍

ChrisV

Reaction score
My Daytona is all white and sits on a gray trailer, painted by the previous owner. It's not bad the way it is, but I'll probably change it if I decide to add some color to the boat. Red keeps calling my name, simply because one of my trucks is red....but the other is white. So......hence, my dilemma. 😁 Slick install on the hour meter. 👍

Silver is actually what i wanted. I already picked up the metal and stainless fenders. Just need to figure out what wheels and tire size to run before building it.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Mounted the shifter and switch panel. All ready for tomorrow. Excited and scared. haha View attachment 1049939

Maybe its the angle of the pic, but I would trim the threads that hold the Hot Foot peddle bracket, or send them through the stringer the other way. Killer progress!

Riverryder

Reaction score
Okay cool boat! But what’s up with the cars in the background?
a bunch of gtrs?

ChrisV

Reaction score
Maybe its the angle of the pic, but I would trim the threads that hold the Hot Foot peddle bracket, or send them through the stringer the other way. Killer progress!

It it long. I'm missing the beauty washers thats going to add .25 each side. Will stop by Marine Industries West today.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Thos thing look out of this world fast. Post a thread about that stuff too! My sons favorite car is a gtr.
the boat looks awesome. Makes sense if you fabricate totransform the boat to what you have done so far! You got some skill man.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Thos thing look out of this world fast. Post a thread about that stuff too! My sons favorite car is a gtr.
the boat looks awesome. Makes sense if you fabricate totransform the boat to what you have done so far! You got some skill man.

thanks! Yeah kinda have a problem leaving stuff alone.

Couple street race cars.
E0D53967-9167-46CC-9C11-52DAF7DCE11B.jpeg
7607E371-4137-472B-B95F-799EDF35AD10.jpeg
C152252B-C1B8-4014-93E1-6EE80626CDA4.jpeg
31F76101-9CAE-4C3C-8DD6-5DC48489E7FB.jpeg

Backlash

Reaction score
I had a problem with water shooting up on the old jack plate when taking off. Built a block off so hopefully this will help.
View attachment 1049940 View attachment 1049941

I'm in the same boat as you, no pun intended. On our Daytona, water would force it's way up through the plate, and right up over the transom. We almost sank the boat it was so bad!! Nice fix! Let us know how it worked out for you when you get a chance! 😉👍

lenmann

Reaction score
Congrats! That's gotta be a great feeling after all the effort you have put in.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Congratulations! Isn’t it a great feeling?

Looks great on the water, and looks like it floats well.

Nice work! 👍🏾

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Congrats on a successful first run out! The interior turned out great, has me second guessing all white on white too. 🤔

ChrisV

Reaction score
Congratulations! Isn’t it a great feeling?

Looks great on the water, and looks like it floats well.

Nice work! 👍🏾
Yes sir it is!

But there some bugs thats driving me crazy now. I feel like I don't have enough negative trim so it takes forever to get on plane.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Weekend recap.

Spent about 90 gallons of fuel and racked 14hrs on the engine.

Did many laps the island at Lake Perris. A lot.. haha
I thought this would have a good holeshot out of the water and I was wrong. Its a dog and takes forever to plane. Once its on plane it's fast as shit. Had a great time with the family but when home kind of a disappointment. Called the prop guy yesterday and I guess he said the prop needs vent holes.
Another problem is the rpm over shoots the rev limit. Meaning I need a bigger prop. So Augie at Cutting Edge Propellers is making me a new one thats 30p with vent holes. Hopefully have it by the weekend and go testing again. This time with my draggy to measure speed and acceleration.

Didn't take many pics.
Also, added the Eliminator logo and hull numbers. Kinda wanted the old design but happy with the new design.
IMG-1443.jpg
IMG-1455.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Weekend recap.

I thought this would have a good holeshot out of the water and I was wrong. Its a dog and takes forever to plane. Once its on plane it's fast as shit. Had a great time with the family but when home kind of a disappointment. Called the prop guy yesterday and I guess he said the prop needs vent holes.
Another problem is the rpm over shoots the rev limit. Meaning I need a bigger prop. So Augie at Cutting Edge Propellers is making me a new one thats 30p with vent holes. Hopefully have it by the weekend and go testing again. This time with my draggy to measure speed and acceleration.

Didn't take many pics.
Also, added the Eliminator logo and hull numbers. Kinda wanted the old design but happy with the new design. View attachment 1052004 View attachment 1052005

Looks great on the water!! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. Did you notice a difference with the aluminum plate that you installed on the bottom of the jackplate? Did that seem to help with the waterfall issue?? In the running picture you posted above, it looked like your transom was staying pretty dry. 👍👍

ChrisV

Reaction score
Looks great on the water!! I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. Did you notice a difference with the aluminum plate that you installed on the bottom of the jackplate? Did that seem to help with the waterfall issue?? In the running picture you posted above, it looked like your transom was staying pretty dry. 👍👍

Definitely helps! highly recommend! Doesn't shoot water up like crazy anymore.

Duramax

Reaction score
Weekend recap.

Didn't take many pics.
Also, added the Eliminator logo and hull numbers. Kinda wanted the old design but happy with the new design. View attachment 1052004 View attachment 1052005
Takes a while roll over, huh? Are you running a 3 blade or 4 blade?

ChrisV

Reaction score
Takes a while roll over, huh? Are you running a 3 blade or 4 blade?
It's a 4 blade. Kinda just waiting on the prop guy right now for him to make a new one. Part of me wants to go buy the drag 4 semi cleaver from Hill also.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Hit up the local lake yesterday with the homie.

Drilled two 3/4 holes into the prop. Holeshot is sooooo much better now. Might try two more but I kind of want to get a new prop. We'll see.

When I put the trailer into the water two of the bunks were floating. 😅 Then on the way home the lights stopped working. Great.
Guess it's time to build a trailer. In the meantime I'll just ghetto rig the current trailer to work for the next couple weeks.

I've been wanting to build a trailer for a long time. Really hate where the wheels sits on trailer so the balance is off and no tongue weight at all.

IMG-1595.jpg
IMG-1607.jpg
IMG-1630.jpg

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Went to Havasu and Parker and love the boat. Trying to get the hang of things. Noticed couple things i didn't like. Would stumble at lower rpms. Brought it back home and rebuilt the carbs. View attachment 1024707 View attachment 1024708 View attachment 1024706
A little late on this thread, but I will comment on the OMC V6. It’s a great motor but having owned two, the stumbling is inherent in the design (looper) with the 6 single throat carbs. I had a ‘76 200 with 3 dual throat carbs (cross flow) that didn’t stumble. The looper had more torque than the cross flow, but the cross flow had better dock manners.

The looper would stall after some minutes at idle and it would be difficult to get re-lit. The skier would be ready, you hit the throttle and it would stall, putting the skier into the water from a standing dock start. Had to replace the reed valves with Boysen reeds and it got much better

ChrisV

Reaction score
A little late on this thread, but I will comment on the OMC V6. It’s a great motor but having owned two, the stumbling is inherent in the design (looper) with the 6 single throat carbs. I had a ‘76 200 with 3 dual throat carbs (cross flow) that didn’t stumble. The looper had more torque than the cross flow, but the cross flow had better dock manners.

The looper would stall after some minutes at idle and it would be difficult to get re-lit. The skier would be ready, you hit the throttle and it would stall, putting the skier into the water from a standing dock start. Had to replace the reed valves with Boysen reeds and it got much better

Yea after reading about that engine it is what it is. I tired my best fixing it. Never let me down though. Just wasn't quick enough.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Trailer time. Kind of want to build a dolly trailer so it could fit in my enclosed trailer to save some space. But I've never seen an outboard boat on a dolly and don't want to be called a poser. 🤣🤣🤣

8C21B413-2855-4450-AACC-0FFEE539A4DD.jpeg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Trailer time. Kind of want to build a dolly trailer so it could fit in my enclosed trailer to save some space. But I've never seen an outboard boat on a dolly and don't want to be called a poser. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 1057345
A dolly trailer is the only way to roll! Look at the ones that Tahiti is doing, they are awesome.

lenmann

Reaction score
What's that frame fixture dealio that you are using as a foundation?

Nice work on this whole project BTW, you are a crafty dude.

ChrisV

Reaction score

Its a frame rack that i put cars on to cage. So its leveled and not crooked.

Thank you! Your build thread definitely helped with this project also.

lenmann

Reaction score
Whe
Its a frame rack that i put cars on to cage. So its leveled and not crooked.

Thank you! Your build thread definitely helped with this project also.
Where do frame racks like that come from? Did you build it? It appears to be a pretty stout structure with machined surfaces.

Glad my journey helped someone, I too learned a bunch poring through build threads here.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score

4412F2BD-8398-4342-A6AF-0FD56BFCC5EC.jpeg

This is a home built under my old Nova.

My buddy started building them from 4x6 tubing with 1/2” plate on top drilled, tapped and marked every inch. Makes measuring, fixturing and setup a breeze.

I never considered building a trailer on one; great idea!

ChrisV

Reaction score
Whe

Where do frame racks like that come from? Did you build it? It appears to be a pretty stout structure with machined surfaces.

Glad my journey helped someone, I too learned a bunch poring through build threads here.

It's a frame rack from a body shop. Used to pull frames.