WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1986 SilverWing by Lembke (Spectra)

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm selling our very nice open bow SilverWing 2022. Built by Speed & Marine in Orange CA. The boat is a copy of the 20' Spectra except it has been stretched to 22' and widened by 6". Powered by a Mercruiser 260/Alpha1. This was one of the last boats built by the Lembke's before their passing in 1986.
It has newer gauges, steering, shift box and cables. We've had the boat 5 years now and it has NEVER let us down. It got serviced each and every year we've owned it and we were told that it had an easy life in Parker, it was towed there brand new and never left until I brought it to Havasu. Very easy on fuel, we go from Windsor to Pirates and back on 11 gallons of fuel.
This is a four stringer, hand laminated hull. There are NO stress cracks and the gel coat is in wonderful shape, it's always been stored inside. It does have some marks, nothing major,
235.JPG
as would be expected on a 33 year old boat. The boats upholstery is newer and has no rips or tears. The grey carpet was done at the same time. The tanks are aluminum saddle tanks that hold about 20 gallons each and switch over from one to other by a switch on the dash.
I don't know the hours on the engine but it runs fine and looks it also. It's bone stock that I can tell. The drive is the Alpha1 and I put a drive shower on it and a remote oil reservoir. The boat runs with a 4blade SS prop and has lots of power out of the hole if needed. I cruise the boat at 2700-3000 rpms most ALL the time.
The boat has the original SS bimini top, SS bow rails and all SS hardware. Everything works as it should on the boat. The boat has an original full cover and works just fine, I wouldn't tow with it on.
The boat sits on the original Competitive tandem trailer and the bunks need new carpet. I bought the bunk carpet and was going to do it this past winter but didn't get around to it. Even made arrangements with Windsor to let the boat sit at one of the docks for a day.

We are selling as we're getting older and mama has gone to the dark side and bought a toon for a little more comfort and family hauling.

Call Maxed Out Marine for a very nice , good working boat. Would make a very nice starter, first timer boat for a minimal investment at prices of boats now days. It's in Havasu and can been seen anytime and lake tested for serious buyers, 5 minutes from the ramp.

Attachments

• 236.JPG
    236.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 597
  • 237.JPG
    237.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 625
  • 238.JPG
    238.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 604
  • 239.JPG
    239.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 618
  • 240.JPG
    240.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 655
  • 241.JPG
    241.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 616
  • 269.JPG
    269.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 599
  • 280.JPG
    280.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 565
  • 281.JPG
    281.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of that hull. Runs fast with power and handles rough water well. My uncle's vdrive whaler spent most of its life in Newport running offshore. They have no problem with lake chop.

I like the seating in yours. Lots of room. I can't believe that's the original gel. It looks great still. You have taken great care of it. Maybe keep two boats in the stable and find a used blue motor and drive? Or let Alexi build something special?

it were a closed bow I would be having a hard time not getting in the car this weekend. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a bulletproof well built boat for not a lot of money.

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of that hull. Runs fast with power and handles rough water well. My uncle's vdrive whaler spent most of its life in Newport running offshore. They have no problem with lake chop.

I like the seating in yours. Lots of room. I can't believe that's the original gel. It looks great still. You have taken great care of it. Maybe keep two boats in the stable and find a used blue motor and drive? Or let Alexi build something special?

it were a closed now I would be having a hard time not getting in the car this weekend. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a bulletproof well built boat for not a lot of money.
I hope so!! Two boats around here is going to be tight quarters getting them both inside but doable. Hard for me to believe some one hasn't snagged this boat up!!! Perfect low cost boat in this market of EXPENSIVE pre-owned boats. My guess, it doesn't have a Hallet or Eliminator badge on the side of it. If they only knew!!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Helluva deal for someone to get a great starter boat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Philly

Reaction score
I wonder if our SilverWing Whaler shares the same hull bottom design? Beautiful boat: