WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1989 CRUSADER

BDOUCET

Reaction score
New member! Just purchased a 1989 23' Crusader and looking to see if anyone has any good are bad information about this boat. Oddly enough there is little to no info on the net other than it is similar to a Howard. It has 454Mag/Bravo combo. Thanks

Attachments

• crusader3.jpg
    crusader3.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 151

4Waters

Reaction score
New member! Just purchased a 1989 23' Crusader and looking to see if anyone has any good are bad information about this boat. Oddly enough there is little to no info on the net other than it is similar to a Howard. It has 454Mag/Bravo combo. Thanks
Welcome to the asylum, how about more pics of the boat, wife and girlfriend, all 3 in the same pic makes you a premium member 😜🤣.

When you post a pic after you decide what pic you are putting in hit the "Insert" top left of the pic and select full image and it will be a clear pic

BDOUCET

Reaction score
Yes on the teak oil, just picked the boat up last Wednesday after a 21 hour round trip. I looked around for a owners club are forum dedicated to this boat model but came up with nothing. Here is a few more pics,..less wife are girlfriend!
crusader2.jpg
crusader.jpg
crusader7.jpg

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Looks good. Appears no one messed with the engine, nice and tidy. How many hours?
Hope it works out.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

BDOUCET

Reaction score
Why does it look like there is no oil filter?
It was off to check for any contamination are water mixing. Today I ran it on the muffs, oil is clean but I hear a rattle as the RPM's come up. Oil pressure is lower than it should be which I new when I bought it. I'll rebuild the engine and paint everything like new. I'm a performance engine builder and machinist so starting with a fresh rebuild will make me feel better about running it hard when needed.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
No shit, where is the filter
… on the bottom… At least it is on my Spectra 24 with a big block???..: And you would not believe how hard it was to change filters… Several of my hero buddy mechanics tried… And then along came Jeff Courtie… former top fuel funny car guy… He made it look easy???…Dunno???…
… Maybe the remote set up is not hooked up… Or maybe The photo was taken in the middle of an filter change???…

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
Yes on the teak oil, just picked the boat up last Wednesday after a 21 hour round trip. I looked around for a owners club are forum dedicated to this boat model but came up with nothing. Here is a few more pics,..less wife are girlfriend! View attachment 1068311 View attachment 1068312 View attachment 1068313
Looks nice dude. Is that the original interior or a nice resto? Either way it looks really good....Clean
21 hr drive...that's commitment right there..haha I hope it exceeds your expectations.
As far as history goes from my limited knowledge cruisader was considered a pretty well built and good performing boat. Beyond that i aint got shit for ya but well wishes...lol

BDOUCET

Reaction score
Looks nice dude. Is that the original interior or a nice resto? Either way it looks really good....Clean
21 hr drive...that's commitment right there..haha I hope it exceeds your expectations.
As far as history goes from my limited knowledge cruisader was considered a pretty well built and good performing boat. Beyond that i aint got shit for ya but well wishes...lol
Factory interior. I bought the boat from the second owner. He bought it in the early 90's and has been mostly covered and stored since then. The anodized rub rail doesn't have a scratch on it!

rush1

Reaction score
I love those late 80's early 90's interiors, boat looks like it's going to be fun,enjoy.

BDOUCET

Reaction score
I haven't found any information are other owners of a boat like this. Not a big deal but curious if anyone would have a idea about the selling price on this style of boat would have been new in 1989? Not selling but was asked a few times and I have no idea. Thanks

wzuber

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps much but in 83/84 a base model was selling at $100.00/ft +

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
It was off to check for any contamination are water mixing. Today I ran it on the muffs, oil is clean but I hear a rattle as the RPM's come up. Oil pressure is lower than it should be which I new when I bought it. I'll rebuild the engine and paint everything like new. I'm a performance engine builder and machinist so starting with a fresh rebuild will make me feel better about running it hard when needed.

Thats a hydraulic flat tappet motor. With any luck its just a collapsed lifter from doing too much sitting seeing as how it has less than 200hours on it. Shooting you a PM