WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1990-1999 SKI RACING

schiada1976

Reaction score
Who was the best water ski racers of 1990- 1999? Skiers in any class.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Ashley Lathrop. Corey Cook. Martie Wells. Lori Dunsmore. Erin Saunders. Todd Haig. John Cole. Don Taylor.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Wayne Ritchie, Peter Procter, Bruce Cockburn, Leigh Ann Powell

OHHH YAAA

Reaction score
it seemed like Corey Cook was unbeatable at Parker in the '90s (and most other marathons). Watching Lori Dunsmore, Debbie Nordblad, and Cherl Ruston go at it in the Womens races was pretty epic too. I still remember hearing the hum of the V Drive on the Suddenly boat for about 5 minutes before you actually saw it! Can't forget about Lee Squire skiing behind an 18' Bullett outboard and finishing near the top overall consistantantly.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I really remember Avila’s first twin blower motor WellsCraft (the tan and purple one). Man that fhing sounded like a freight train coming at you.

Also, can’t leave out the Aussies, seeing their contingent show up at the Nationals was a sight to behold. Great group, very enthusiastic. Friendly as could be, loved to party. Shouting “Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oy, oy, oy!” every time they won or did well.

And so I have to add the name of Rudi Stout (and his whole family really) to this list. Rudi was a hell of a skier. I had the pleasure of watching his kid lap every American skier in 0-9 Boys one time by like 2-3 laps, it was amazing.