WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1990 Anaheim, CA boat show

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Man, that was cool. Brings back memories of pops and I heading to that show back in the day. Can you imagine $17k for a new 21’ open bow? Nuts.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
He’s got some good videos. Been watching them over the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
And gene willen looks way younger there. Of course, it was 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixrthis

Reaction score
I used to go to the show at least two days in those days, now I skip going for a year or two because they’ve been so small.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I see that Pokey made a visit in the comment section. 🙂

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Very cool, I restored the caliber one at 8 minutes about 5 years ago and just bought it back again last weekend.
DE6311A8-2A37-44BE-9132-8872447A5BEA.jpeg
7245522A-06DD-4492-B068-C2A3ACC12C87.jpeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love it! I was there with a pocket full of cash and bought nothing! I actually bought a rag boat 2 weeks later that had a mooring at the Isthmus. Loved seeing Gene in the Howard booth!

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Jerry sitting in the open bow of that ultra. Lol.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
What a great time capsule. Brings back a flood of memories and the fun times with family. Those were all very affordable boats at the time. The boats now are extremely expensive and all we do is drop them in the water and drive them 15min fast to a spot and sit in the water. Back then the family loaded up and we played with skies, tubes, or what ever crazy thing we think we could tow.

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Damn, women were making the duck face back in 1990? I thought that was new

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
What a great time capsule. Brings back a flood of memories and the fun times with family. Those were all very affordable boats at the time. The boats now are extremely expensive and all we do is drop them in the water and drive them 15min fast to a spot and sit in the water. Back then the family loaded up and we played with skies, tubes, or what ever crazy thing we think we could tow.
They run em' for 15 minutes, PROVE IT!!! 😁 I thought just long enough to get out of the marina and into the channel!!!

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
They run em' for 15 minutes, PROVE IT!!! 😁 I thought just long enough to get out of the marina and into the channel!!!
I bought my boat that was a year old with 3.4 hours on it. I does happen.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
The gel design on some of those Cole's were ahead of there time. I would order a new boat today with the gel design just like the Cole 24 at 4:53. Or maybe I just like old school. IDK.

RichieRich

Reaction score
The gel design on some of those Cole's were ahead of there time. I would order a new boat today with the gel design just like the Cole 24 at 4:53. Or maybe I just like old school. IDK.
you're right...they look amazing actually

SS-C

Reaction score
LOL... The era of poodle perms, mullets, low freeboard and tuck “n” roll upholstery!

AND NO F_CKING QUAGGA MUSSEL FEE!

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Love it! Good Times. They even have drags boats on video going it sounds like👍

mbrown2

Reaction score
That Advantage Banshee outboard was bad ass... Also the level of Gel work on all the boats... ...multi color with fades was just awesome....timeless... Miss it. You go to a boatshow now and it is like tin cup convention and wave boats!

RodnJen

Reaction score
My dad and I would hit the Anaheim show almost every year. I don’t know if it was that year exactly but I bought my Kidder Redline EX there. They sold a shit-ton of Danas through the mid-90s. Those 19’ and 21’ outboards were all over Havasu during the’90s.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Dang. Super cool. All the 20 footers! Biggest thing I saw there was 24'. I bought my first 20+ footer in '95 and thought it was too big for the river. Haven't been below Parker since. Shit! The chicks with the perms. So remember those days!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Velcro high top Reebok’s and acid wash jeans on almost every woman walking by.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Love the tick and roll and the tweed interiors. The gel on that banshee and some of the others looks better than what most do today!

Really was a better time for boats.. love the Howard cruisers.. I was hoping to see Schiada and Hallett in there as well..

The coles still look better to me today than most offerings out there. They really did have stuff ahead of their time.

Id buy that bug sleekcraft right now if it was in good shape..

Damn I love the old stuff!

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
That Advantage Banshee outboard was bad ass... Also the level of Gel work on all the boats... ...multi color with fades was just awesome....timeless... Miss it. You go to a boatshow now and it is like tin cup convention and wave boats!
Those were the days I would hit every booth, take the flyers of the cool boats, and plaster them all over my bedroom walls. I clearly remember a bad ass Advantage Banshee flyer. I think it was double sided and I had the side with pipes out and OB facing the wall.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
he gel on that banshee and some of the others looks better than what most do today!
That Banshee and the Advantage stuff back then was shot by the world famous Jim Pringle.
Legend!
He taught the guy I learned from a few tricks.
He taught me a few tricks years later.
He taught retaocleg
He showed Mancini some stuff too.
Talk about a potential cool interview for the RDP peeps, go interview him!
I warn you in advance, he can be a grouch:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
In that show, all those Coles were also shot by Danny.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Who use to shoot Ultra, and who does Lavey now?
which version of Ultra?
In the beginning Danny, Pringle and I were shooting Ultra, as they were having their glass work done at WCT in Elsinore.
I remember shooting a few for Carter in the building on Grove in Anaheim that was once Eliminator, Dave Holland currently at Shockwave was shooting over there too.

Later, after that I’m not sure.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Wow, that Caliber 1 Is my Buddy's Dad's old boat from 1990. He's the original owner. Has a place at Moabi.I've done 90 in that thing as a kid.I just called him.He sold it 10 or so years ago.
I believe it is the boat on the boat show video as well.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
which version of Ultra?
In the beginning Danny, Pringle and I were shooting Ultra, as they were having their glass work done at WCT in Elsinore.
I remember shooting a few for Carter in the building on Grove in Anaheim that was once Eliminator, Dave Holland currently at Shockwave was shooting over there too.

FC84B009-156E-4BEE-880B-2DEF478C9378.png

These days. Ultras had some awesome gel.

stingray11

Reaction score
So I see a 24-foot Eliminator Daytona there did they make them in California and Wisconsin in 1990 cuz my buddy has one from Wisconsin and I have a 23 Daytona did they still make them in California in 1990 does anybody know this information

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

chuckerlee

Reaction score

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So I see a 24-foot Eliminator Daytona there did they make them in California and Wisconsin in 1990 cuz my buddy has one from Wisconsin and I have a 23 Daytona did they still make them in California in 1990 does anybody know this information

If I remember right the 23 was done in Cali when the 24 was up.
Did a lot of 24’s in Cali. Don’t have any idea on the Wisconsin program regarding the 24

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wow, that Caliber 1 Is my Buddy's Dad's old boat from 1990. He's the original owner. Has a place at Moabi.I've done 90 in that thing as a kid.I just called him.He sold it 10 or so years ago.
I believe it is the boat on the boat show video as well.

Yes, same boat as in the video. I bought it off a guy in Havasu about 5 years ago and it was pretty rough. Foot throttle screws through the bottom of the boat kind of rough. I fixed it all up and sold it, and its changed hands one more time since then. I just bought it back last weekend.

stingray11

Reaction score
If I remember right the 23 was done in Cali when the 24 was up.
Did a lot of 24’s in Cali. Don’t have any idea on the Wisconsin program regarding the 24
Okay thanks for the feedback gelcoater

mobldj

Reaction score
where the fk is the bayliner area in this video. before boating was part of my life in the late 70s,la county fair always had a bayliner boat area.loved going over there and saying.....someday.lololol

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
which version of Ultra?

If I recall correctly. Chris Camire's older brother, Jeff, did all the gelcoat back in those days for LaveyCraft.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The Advantage Banshee was a cool boat for its time. One of the first ones (powered by a V6 Merc outboard) belonged to Mike Porter (now the owner of Redline Performance which is still operating out of the old Advantage factory on Eisenhower Circle in Anaheim). He and Harry Christensen's daughter Jennifer were dating back then, not long after they were married.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The Advantage Banshee was a cool boat for its time. One of the first ones (powered by a V6 Merc outboard) belonged to Mike Porter (now the owner of Redline Performance which is still operating out of the old Advantage factory on Eisenhower Circle in Anaheim). He and Harry Christensen's daughter Jennifer were dating back then, not long after they were married.

What came first the advantage banshee or the eliminator scorpion?