Educate me...

Is that a good boat?
Pros
Cons

thoughts...?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
My buddy had one, I don’t remember any bad habits. He used to scare me, every time he went to stop, he would spin the damn thing around, like a e-brake u turn.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wish I could help ya. I remember something to the effect of one but honestly don’t know much about them. Rare boat for sure.

some real advice here though would be to go talk to Todd at Tahiti.. I can’t think of a scenario where you wouldn’t be money ahead to buy a new deck from him.

free boat = mega money
Cheap boat = repairs and low resale
Etc..

new boat you can run it for two seasons and get the same money out of it currently.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The thing to look for is if the factory made it a fun deck, ive seen some 90’s Daytona’s that we’re hacked up into deck boats before.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also good to know if it’s a ELI or ELB boat.

guest hs

Reaction score
I owned a 1989 24 Daytona it was a great boat but you had to figure out how to pop the bubble in the tunnel once the boat was planed and started to run. The Fun Deck is the same boat they modified the top deck on.

Blazen Js

Reaction score
Never have I seen the boat you speak of...got any pics?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
79176CCD-F431-4A0B-90F5-6053ADD3EB0F.jpeg

I think this is my buddies old boat.

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
There is one in Parker that is grey with fabric sides. Not sure if it’s an eliminator bottom or warlock. All I know is it sounds very healthy and takes about a mile to get on plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetur

Reaction score
There is one in Parker that is grey with fabric sides. Not sure if it’s an eliminator bottom or warlock. All I know is it sounds very healthy and takes about a mile to get on plane.

Warlock, haven't heard that name in a while.

Riverbottom

Reaction score

I think the grey and fabric is an early Carerra and is bigger than 24'

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Warlock, haven't heard that name in a while.
Damn, now that you said that, I remember it was hard to get on plane, I remember him stopping and starting over if it didn’t roll over.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The first 26 Advantage Party Cats had fabric sides

The first one was a jet, we submarined the front and stuffed the boat to the console on its first trial. Threw about six of us off the front for a quick swim. The look on Harry's face was priceless. Second one was an outboard built for Mert Littlefield with a 235 Johnson, it was later converted to a jet also. All the Party Cats were built with stainless rails and canvass sides for the first couple of years. Surprisingly the new deck with fiberglass sides was much lighter than the stainless rails and canvass .

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
can you expand on the deference

and whats better
Hull id numbers that begin with ELB were built at the factory in Mira Loma, if it’s an ELI it wasn’t built by eliminator it was built by a rapidly defunct arrangement bob had to lease the molds to an organization in the mid west. The molds were repoed by bob after the payments were not made. Not saying an ELI boat is a bad boat, it just wasn’t built by the people still building them today which is important to alot of people.

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
We owned a 27 Eliminator fundeck and it was an amazing Boat!!! It was an 2006. I recently ran into the guy that I sold it to and he still has it with 650 hours on it. He said it the best boat he ever owned.

guest hs

Reaction score
The first one was a jet, we submarined the front and stuffed the boat to the console on its first trial. Threw about six of us off the front for a quick swim. The look on Harry's face was priceless. Second one was an outboard built for Mert Littlefield with a 235 Johnson, it was later converted to a jet also. All the Party Cats were built with stainless rails and canvass sides for the first couple of years. Surprisingly the new deck with fiberglass sides was much lighter than the stainless rails and canvass .
Why did it submarine?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Why did it submarine?

Not much displacement up front, four small people sitting up front, and only two in the rear. Center of gravity was pretty far forward with jet pump intake and cast iron big block. Heading down river in about 5 mph current ( Blythe area ). Turned up river into current, came off throttle, nose went down and continued to submarine until the intake came out of the water. Real slow speed deal, but happened real fast.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not much displacement up front, four small people sitting up front, and only two in the rear. Center of gravity was pretty far forward with jet pump intake and cast iron big block. Heading down river in about 5 mph current ( Blythe area ). Turned up river into current, came off throttle, nose went down and continued to submarine until the intake came out of the water. Real slow speed deal, but happened real fast.
Not much different than today's small decks in certain situations.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
What’s considered a today’s small deck boat?

Basically the 21' to 23' models even occasionally larger models. I'm not a hater, they make awesome river boats, but have been known to have a little problem in rough lake conditions taking water over the front. All depends on conditions, situation and driver capabilities.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Basically the 21' to 23' models even occasionally larger models. I'm not a hater, they make awesome river boats, but have been known to have a little problem in rough lake conditions taking water over the front. All depends on conditions, situation and driver capabilities.

Oh ok. I always wondered how the faired in rough waters. Only have seen 1 big deck boat at mead. Being that mead gets rough more times then not! guess I’ll stick to v bottoms!