WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTS] 1995 Hallett 240 Open Bow

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think........why am I doing this?.......🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️
It's getting close to leaving the family and I find myself already wanting another big power boat, SMH!!!!!

IMG_8931.JPG
LPC2018 (937).jpg

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Did my dream boat get sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riverryder

Reaction score
Did my dream boat get sold?

He toke a page out of 2ff book. Bump thread with picture try get some traction.

Someone’s gonna be lucky to have this boat. My brother was in the market but his wife put the brakes on his dreams. It was comical to watch.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
He toke a page out of 2ff book. Bump thread with picture try get some traction.

Someone’s gonna be lucky to have this boat. My brother was in the market but his wife put the brakes on his dreams. It was comical to watch.

[emoji23] on the 2ff tactic
What a bummer for your brother in-law

I’ve heard of a few guys talking like they want it. If I would have left my 240 all original it would be for sale and as soon as it sold I would be knocking on Josh’s door. I’ve got too much in my mine to make it work now. This 240 is absolutely beautiful inside and out, It has been maintained with a open check book with no limit. Everything that Josh owns is absolutely mint. Your

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
95% of people don't want two pontoon boats either............ 2FF, maybe you are THE huckleberry?

82daytona

Reaction score
well, I did make a all cash offer, what you want starts with a 6... what I offered starts with a 5...so one number off...oh well, super nice boat, I'll move on... GLWTS
Make it happen, Steve!

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
well, I did make a all cash offer, what you want starts with a 6... what I offered starts with a 5...so one number off...oh well, super nice boat, I'll move on... GLWTS

Honestly, I thought you were joking....... If you're serious, I'm happy to discuss with you via DM. I can get my number to start with a 5 so we're closer but it's going to be a high 5, so lot's of 9's after it. Did you sell the toons yet? Wanna wait until those go or are you ready now? I'll even deliver it to you, and full of gas. Not everyday you get to meet a legend like 2FF.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
What a beautiful boat for $59,999.99!

What would replacement cost be on just the engine and drive today?

hallett21

Reaction score
What’s the range on this? Cover 200 miles on a tank?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
OK, so where do we start you ask???I'm starting over.... first off, very nice boat, and I'm interested...I've bought a boat before,.... deals happen when the boat owner and buyer see the same value...so we'll see how it goes,... the boat is up for sale,... not up for grabs,.. and I know at any time someone that thinks it's worth more than me can step up...when I make an offer,... it's solid gold....

but,... I have a question....???? who built the motor that's in it now,... and will they stand behind it??? what compression ratio is the motor???516 ci..??? 60 over 502??? are the heads new with the build ??? do the heads need to come off at 200 hrs??? is there an hr meter for the last build...

thanks for your time..

interested....2FF

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
OK, so where do we start you ask???I'm starting over.... first off, very nice boat, and I'm interested...I've bought a boat before,.... deals happen when the boat owner and buyer see the same value...so we'll see how it goes,... the boat is up for sale,... not up for grabs,.. and I know at any time someone that thinks it's worth more than me can step up...when I make an offer,... it's solid gold....

but,... I have a question....???? who built the motor that's in it now,... and will they stand behind it??? what compression ratio is the motor???516 ci..??? 60 over 502??? are the heads new with the build ??? do the heads need to come off at 200 hrs??? is there an hr meter for the last build...

thanks for your time..

interested....2FF

First off, to clear the air, you're not getting any shade from me, I don't know you and have no beef with you. I'm not offended by people offering what they feel the value is, no worries there. Maybe could be in a private message rather than public but no worries. You did send me a DM which I will reply to but wanted to publicly address the questions you bring up for the benefit of anybody else who has the same questions, so here it goes.

1. who built the motor that's in it now,... Carson Brummett in 2016
2. will they stand behind it??? It's Carson Brummett. If that doesn't answer your question then you don't know what you're buying.
3. what compression ratio is the motor??? I know it's not extremely high but I'll get you an answer on this, I don't recall off top of my head.
4. 516 ci..??? 60 over 502??? I think so, but I don't know for sure. Confirming and I'll get back to you.
5. are the heads new with the build ??? Yes, new Brodix heads with valves, springs, lifters..... all new in 2016
6. do the heads need to come off at 200 hrs??? No, not to my knowledge. I don't think Carson builds 200 hr motors, neither did he mention to me "bring it back in 200hrs for me to take the heads off." So.....?
7. is there an hr meter for the last build... No but I can give you the dates of every trip I've taken since then. It's been in the water 19 days, I figure an average of 4 hrs a day runtime and that puts you at 75-125hrs on the motor.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
What’s the range on this? Cover 200 miles on a tank?

Yes, easily. Depends of course on your throttle but when I would take it to Powell for a week I would refuel once mid-week.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
First off, to clear the air, you're not getting any shade from me, I don't know you and have no beef with you. I'm not offended by people offering what they feel the value is, no worries there. Maybe could be in a private message rather than public but no worries. You did send me a DM which I will reply to but wanted to publicly address the questions you bring up for the benefit of anybody else who has the same questions, so here it goes.

1. who built the motor that's in it now,... Carson Brummett in 2016
2. will they stand behind it??? It's Carson Brummett. If that doesn't answer your question then you don't know what you're buying.
3. what compression ratio is the motor??? I know it's not extremely high but I'll get you an answer on this, I don't recall off top of my head.
4. 516 ci..??? 60 over 502??? I think so, but I don't know for sure. Confirming and I'll get back to you.
5. are the heads new with the build ??? Yes, new Brodix heads with valves, springs, lifters..... all new in 2016
6. do the heads need to come off at 200 hrs??? No, not to my knowledge. I don't think Carson builds 200 hr motors, neither did he mention to me "bring it back in 200hrs for me to take the heads off." So.....?
7. is there an hr meter for the last build... No but I can give you the dates of every trip I've taken since then. It's been in the water 19 days, I figure an average of 4 hrs a day runtime and that puts you at 75-125hrs on the motor.
#1 answers #2..and yes, I have owned his twin turbo motors before,,#3 could allow the running of pump gas,..either keep your foot out or turn the boost down... for me, no need to run 90 in that boat..cruising 50 as you stated would run pump fuel... I don't know how much boost it makes,...or if it's needed..#6, ask carson…. probley nice to drop the pan and pull the covers @ 200...again.... the compression ratio, boost, and how hard it's been ran will tell the rest off the story...

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Carson Brummett is the man, not a better person in the business. We own a 91 21' Brummett that is still running like a champ and he just built our new Turbo motor for our new Conquest. Trust me he doesn't build 200hr. motors. I am with you on that one Josh. Also if I had the money I would have already bought the Hallett from you!!! Just out of my price range, but I would stand behind anything Carson builds!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Now the Lynch family has 2 holy grail Carson powered Halletts. [emoji106][emoji106]

I want the 3rd Holy Grail Carson powered Hallett. It was in the Lynch stable in the past.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Got her picked up this morning and we head to Parker Sat am to begin her new life. Thank you Josh for trusting her to my family and I.

Nice catching up with you this morning. My kids were a bit sad as it left my driveway. I know it will be a great boat for Parker and will reward your family with happy times for many years. I'm glad a fellow Brummett customer got it and that we confirmed first rights of refusal when you're done with it. ;)

Cheers.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I don't know if you will though, I didn't sell it with a rear view mirror........ :p
Shit didn’t you sell it because you couldn’t hang with a school bus deck boat last year.
Lynch, come up to Havasu Saturday. We can run em, that way I don’t embarrass you in front of everyone at HIH

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
Shit didn’t you sell it because you couldn’t hang with a school bus deck boat last year.
Lynch, come up to Havasu Saturday. We can run em, that way I don’t embarrass you in front of everyone at HIH

You got us both with that school bus that hauls ass, but who boated the rest of the weekend in their boats? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You got us both with that school bus that hauls ass, but who boated the rest of the weekend in their boats? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If I was floating, I was boating. Lmao
New motor who dis?
Maybe John should bring the schiada so he has half a chance. But then again beating a deck boat is like bragging about punching a cow. But really funny when your lookin at the cows ass, going wtf? Lol

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
If I was floating, I was boating. Lmao
New motor who dis?
Maybe John should bring the schiada so he has half a chance. But then again beating a deck boat is like bragging about punching a cow. But really funny when your lookin at the cows ass, going wtf? Lol

Lmfao!

I will hand it to you.... you will run what you brung(really hard) no matter the consequences