WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1998 Ski Sanger DLX 343 hours, garaged

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
******BOAT IS SOLD*****

Ours is an extremely clean example of the classic Open Bow Direct Drive Competition Ski Boat by Sanger Boats. We are the second owners of the boat, have owned it for about 16 years. The boat has always been stored indoors in the off season, and under a pole shed, covered, during the season. Selling it is a sad reality, but it is time for the next owner to enjoy this boat. I am pretty OCD when it comes to taking care of my stuff...this boat is no exception. Those of you that remember when I put the ad up for my 97 F350 will recgnize the OCD personality involved in this boat.
We are only selling because we are planning to exit the state and where we are going it would not make sense to keep her.

The engine is the 315 HP 350 Magnum EFI V-8 Tournament Ski Merc engine, it has 343 hours on it right now. Serviced regularly, always with factory Mercruiser oil and filters. List price will include all of the oil (over 3 gallons) and other items I have on the shelf for this boat. The transmission is the Velvet Drive by Borg Warner, has been maintained and shifts flawlessly. I run Hy Torque fluid in it.
This boat was never run up on the beach and left for the day, it has always been anchored out. The bottom is close to perfect. The interior is in very good shape. The Bimini is 3 years old, and in good shape. The classic Teak swim deck has been well maintained and it is in very good condition. We get lots of compliments from folks on the lake and at the boat ramps.
The boat has 3 Optima Blue starting/deep cycle batteries in it. They are mounted in Custom RiverDave manufactured aluminum battery mounts built specific to the battery. Two are online as the mains. They are were purchased new less than a month ago. The third is a reserve battery, electronically isolated from the mains. using this trick little unit. (https://hellroaring.com/bic95150B.php) If you run the mains down playing the stereo you simply flip a switch and the 3rd battery comes online to give you a boost to start. Put the switch back to the center position and the alternator goes back and charges the mains, then when it senses they are recharged it will top off the isolated battery.

The audio system has two Kicker Comp VR 10 inch subwoofers in a custom built rear seat base that downfire. The seat base was rhinolined. The subs are powered by a Memphis 1000 watt Class D sub amp. The front corner speakers are Memphis Audio separates, the tweeters are up on the dash shielded by the windshield. The rears are Memphis Audio coaxial. These 4 are driven by a 350 Watt Kicker Amp. You need to see the set up to appreciate it.
The Deck is in the glove box. It is a Pioneer CD Deck. A Pioneer remote is in the dash at the drivers seat A plug to plug in a IPOD or phone is in the glove box. I installed a cigarette lighter power port in the dash as well to charge phones etc.

I swapped out the bow light for one of the units that flips over and lies flat Much easier when stepping over and in or climbing in via the bow. All the Nav light swork, the horn works. Blower works. I just put a couple gallons of water into the bilge and checked the bilge pump, it works. I drain the fuel tank every fall before winterizing it. It is empty now, but I put a new fuel filter on and filled it with fuel and she should fire right up
We have a 4 blade NiBrAl prop on it and it pulls out of the hole like crazy, the hull is designed to minimize wake at skiing speeds, and it is very nice at 32MPH and up...this is a real live ski boat.
If you want to wakeboard, stand the pole up, put two big guys in the back seat and she will do that nicely, too. The 4-blade prop runs much smoother than the 3 blade, the 3 blade hasn't been on in years. These boats are not top speed machines, it'll do about 47 MPH. It is a great family boat, if your kids are young and rarin' to go this is the boat for you. We have made an incredible bank of memories in this boat, and it is ready to make a whole new set of memories for the next family to own her.
The trailer is a tandem axle unit, the tires are in good shape, the spare is good, the bunk boards were replaced two years ago. The new boards were repeatedly coated with sealant before the new carpet was glued and stapled into place and they should be good for many years to come. I fastened them with Stainless hardware. The winch on the front of the trailer is 2 years old. A couple of years ago I put a new stainless disc brake conversion on the boat as the original drum set up was done. The master cylinder was part of the kit and it failed almost immediately. I tow the boat with a truck in the mountains and up and down river canyons and have not missed the trailer brakes. The new owner will need to put a new MC on it and bleed the system if he/she needs the trailer brakes to work. At the moment I have two cracked ribs and I am in need of a new right knee and not getting around very well.

The boat has its original heavy canvas cover which is still serviceable for summer covering, if, heaven forbid, the boat has to be stored outside in winter the cover should be replaced. If you buy this boat please don't tell me you plan to store it outside in the winter. I am told the pics don't do the boat justice by friends who have been around it. I dunno how the hell else to present it, LOL.

We have a large stack of documentation that will go with the boat.

High NADA on the boat is about $25,000.

The price is $23,500.

For this price the buyer will get all of the items in the boat, including a tool kit, spare 3 blade NiBrAl prop, breaker bar and socket to remove the lug nuts, first aid kit, anchor and anchor rope/bungee with float, bumpers and various tow ropes, etc. In essence, ready to launch and go. We also have a matching Skylon Wakeboard Pole that goes with the boat, along with a brand new throw cushion, and the oil and merc filters I have. Boat has a spare tire mounted on the trailer.

We are not interested in low ball offers. Don’t waste our time and we won’t waste yours. Any “test rides” will be contingent on a cash deposit that we will talk about with serious buyers. With my ribs and knee boating isn't something I would enjoy. If you are interested and want more pics of something specific I will get them for you.
If interested respond here and shoot me a pm we can get together on the phone. I am in Nevada County, California, about 75 minutes northeast of Sacramento, Ca. If you come to see it you will want it, I don't think you will be disappointed in the condition.
port view.jpg
main batteries.jpg
stereo and isolated batt.jpg
Dash.jpg
seating area forward.jpg
seating area forward.jpg

seating area rear.jpg
stern view_LI.jpg

Last edited:

E4L

Reaction score
Very nice and shows pride of ownership GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
These are super nice boats that handle great

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the nice words. I do try to take care of my stuff. This boat was bought new by a couple that we introduced to the lake, and they had it out for two season up here before they wound up getting divorced. We bought it from them in the property settlement, so we have been around the boat since new. It does indeed handle incredibly well, the direct drive deal with the engine centered in the boat is a big part of that I think.
I can't count the number of times I have waxed this sucker, LOL.
With me knee being all hashed (I am afraid the doc is going to want me to get a new knee, been putting off going in to see him but I am going next week) and our plans to move it makes no sense to take it. IF it doesn't sell this season I will tuck it back in the garage up the hill at my Moms place and put it on the market again next spring.
I bought this boat expecting to keep it forever, but men make plans as God laughs, right? Other than one trip to Lake Powell in 2000, right before we bought it, this boat has only been on NorCal lakes.
I hope the buyer turns out to be someone who will take care of it like I have.