WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited

Fabhouse

Reaction score
99 Cherokee Limited. 208,000 miles. Used as our off roader, super reliable and works great. 4" short arm lift, Fox shocks front, Bilstein rear. Ford 8.8 rear end with disk brakes. Dana 35 front. Both have 4.56 Motive gears, rear has a Trak Loc posi, front has a Track Rite locker. 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T's with about 3k miles. Black Rhino wheels, matching spare. Interior is in really good shape, some sagging on the headliner, but not bad. Everything works-A/C is ice cold, heater is good, windows work, overhead console with temp, mileage, range. No oil leaks! Exterior is decent-it looks great from 20', but it has been off road. A lot. Cooling system updated a few years ago-temp gauge never moves. Runs and shifts excellent. 30" LED bar in the front valance. Clean title, smog check, title in hand, etc. I have driven this Jeep to the river and back to so cal 4 times in the last year-surprisingly comfy and very reliable. Has a hitch with 7 pin connector-its great for launching our boat from the river house. 2 keys with working remotes.
626-513-5890-Ken
Located in Ganesha Hills (Pomona, near the Fairplex)
IMG_1887.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1890.jpg
IMG_1891.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg
IMG_1893.jpg
IMG_1894.jpg
IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1896.jpg
IMG_1897.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg

Last edited:

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Found the replacement, need to move it along-RDP deal is 9000.00 and its yours.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Dammit. None of these deals are ever in AZ. Nice XJ.

sfury

Reaction score
Any engine or transmission work done?

Thanks, Sfury

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Any engine or transmission work done?

Thanks, Sfury
No major work has been done to either during my ownership. Not surprising though, the 4.0/AW4 combo is known to be extremely durable. Alternator is about a year old, recently did the belt and idlers as preventative maintence. Oil gets changed every 4-6 months. I resealed the oil pan probably a year ago, and the bottom end looked very clean-no sludge or burnt oil. It had an aftermarket air filter/intake tube when I purchased it, and I quickly sourced a stock airbox to install. It has never overheated (or even gotten warm) since I have owned it.
Cruise control works-
ABS has been disconnected (just removed the fuse) when the rear end was swapped. All the modules and pump are still present. No warning lights on the dash.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
i know this thing was sold, but who made the tire carrier?
I built the tire carrier. Never got to adding gas struts for open/close assistance, and an inside cover plate that could be used as a step or small table.