WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2.5 15" Titus coned Sportmaster 1.87 RH Fat Shaft

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Traded the Titus modified case to Stoker2001 for his stock Sportmaster. Happy that someone from the Church is going to run it.
20191104_144553.jpg
20191104_144624.jpg
20191104_144640.jpg
20191104_144732.jpg
20191104_144817.jpg

Last edited:

HST4ME

Reaction score
Post it up om scream and fly

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
Just curious, what was the boat doing with it 1” below? I have a 20 SST with a 280 offshore and 15” mid. My boat feels like the ass end is going going to let loose at about 80, so I’m wondering if that’s my issue. Possibly need to give it more jack or trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
The rules for the enduro require that we run the prop shaft no higher than 1" below the last 3' of the bottom of the boat. Handling is rock solid at 1" below unless it's over trimed. Do you run a Sportmaster or CLE case? The CLE case has a tendency to blow out at about 90 on some boats. The rear on ours (CLE currently) will start moving around (loose) at about 89 mph if over trimmed. And with a Stoker always more Jack and less trim.

stoker2001

Reaction score
I PMed you,this could benefit both of us as my Mirage runs case 1.5" plus above bottom

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
The rules for the enduro require that we run the prop shaft no higher than 1" below the last 3' of the bottom of the boat. Handling is rock solid at 1" below unless it's over trimed. Do you run a Sportmaster or CLE case? The CLE case has a tendency to blow out at about 90 on some boats. The rear on ours (CLE currently) will start moving around (loose) at about 89 mph if over trimmed. And with a Stoker always more Jack and less trim.

It has the sportsmaster lower unit. It does the same thing that yours does. The rear end really gets moving around and then the boat starts to chime and get squirly.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
It has the sportsmaster lower unit. It does the same thing that yours does. The rear end really gets moving around and then the boat starts to chime and get squirly.

What prop are you running? It's not a cleaver is it? Could have too much transom lift or does it do this with every prop you have?

I would suggest going higher with the jack plate and using neutral trim (engine pretty much square with the transom). Sorta like below. If you have cable steering torque steer is going to increase substantially but the loose feeling should go away.

2017 Enduro Photo.JPG

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
What prop are you running? It's not a cleaver is it? Could have too much transom lift or does it do this with every prop you have?

I would suggest going higher with the jack plate and using neutral trim (engine pretty much square with the transom). Sorta like below. If you have cable steering torque steer is going to increase substantially but the loose feeling should go away.

View attachment 816452

I am running a 28 mazco. Don’t know if it has had any work done to it. I run that prob most of the tome but I also have a 26 that I use here and there. Don’t recall if it does the same thing with the 26 since I use the 28 mostly. Hydraulic steering. I am going to try your trim suggestions. At what point can you tell that you’ve given it too much Jack?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I am running a 28 mazco. Don’t know if it has had any work done to it. I run that prob most of the tome but I also have a 26 that I use here and there. Don’t recall if it does the same thing with the 26 since I use the 28 mostly. Hydraulic steering. I am going to try your trim suggestions. At what point can you tell that you’ve given it too much Jack?

When it flips over backwards

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

Too much jack and you run out of water pressure, so watch your gauge. You should be safe at 1" to 1 1/2" above the bottom with a sportmaster. I know guys who run higher than that and still have water pressure. As long as you do not use a lot of trim and are not running into a strong head wind it's unlikely that you'll blow it over, but when your trying to get the last couple of mph anything can happen so make sure you have safety gear on and the lanyard hooked up. As with any set up change take a little bit of time getting up to speed to get the feel of it.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

Also, I am guessing that this is a production hull not a race hull so it has the saddle fuel tanks correct? Weight distribution is important so make sure the fuel levels are the same in each tank. If you continue to have handling problems Alan Stoker is active on the Stoker Facebook page, I'm sure he would answer your questions.

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
Also, I am guessing that this is a production hull not a race hull so it has the saddle fuel tanks correct? Weight distribution is important so make sure the fuel levels are the same in each tank. If you continue to have handling problems Alan Stoker is active on the Stoker Facebook page, I'm sure he would answer your questions.

Thanks for the info. What prop do you run on your boat?

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What prop do you run on your boat?

The best handling prop we have is a 3 blade 26 Merc Lightening ET. These are great props but expensive, built for drag racing so they have thin blades and can be a little fragile. That said the 26 we have has about 500 hours on it. We also have a 3 blade 28 Hill Marine Eagle, which is very similar in design the the Merc ET but with stronger blades. Handles really good but we are still working with Hill Marine to get the most out of it.

SKIA36

Reaction score
The best blade for that boat was a 29 Mazco.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Finally got to run the Titus and it did not disappoint!pushing close to 2" above bottom and still has plenty of H20 pressure.with full tank of fuel and 28 pitch 4blade Spinelli with gluey dead calm water I lifted at 114.9 as boat never settled too my liken.ran delta last weekend to tune of 75 miles and nothing but smiles!thanks John

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Hi Kevin. No worries, good to hear that the Titus case is working well for you, your old sporty is in the shop getting the clearances checked then it's time to start testing.