WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] 2.5L CLE Lower Unit

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Good luck, harder and harder to fine them, and most of them are hammered being 30 plus years old now. I have had several that are otherwise perfect but the carrier threads are toast and cant handle the torque requirements for the carrier nut. Best source would be scream and fly.

jeffrothepro

Reaction score
Thanks. Thats what Ive been hearing. Ill definitely keep checking on scream and fly. Just hoping to find one local

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Thanks. Thats what Ive been hearing. Ill definitely keep checking on scream and fly. Just hoping to find one local

Not sure what kind of boat you have, looks like a 21 daytona in your avatar. On mine it was faster with a stock lower with a bobs nose cone then the cle.

jeffrothepro

Reaction score
21 Daytona. Ill look into that. I never knew that the lowers work so different from one another. Always thought a sportmaster was the best, but know Im hearing it depends on the motor. Ill check out the stock lowers and see if I can get some prices for those. Thanks for the help.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Some of your gearcase selection will be based on how low or high you run the gearcase. If you are running the gearcase high, you will want the low water pickups and the extra length of the CLE or Sportmaster. If the gearcase is running lower, you'll likely want the shorter blunt nose type gearcase, which has less length and drag in the water. Under about 90mph or so, you probably don't need a CLE/Sporty.