WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$2 miilion per year to operate mini x

Vib

Reaction score
Were still trying to get subs lined up to complete some work on the rv park here in Utah. Had a contractor come out and look at the install for the water line. About a mile of line.

He said if he had to hire someone to trench it would be $6-10 per ft. And they needed travel time paid and mobilization.

I rented a bobcat e85 mini x a couple months ago and learning how to use it first time was able to cut a 3' wide 60" trench about 1,000 ft per day in 7 hrs.

So doing the math. Let's take the middle estimate of $8 per ft x 1,000 ft per day =$8,000 per day x 5 days during the week = $40k per week x 50 weeks a year. I.e. $2 million per year to operate a mini x!

I offered my services to him at that price since he said they are so backed up with work.

Havent heard back yet 😁🤣😂

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Were still trying to get subs lined up to complete some work on the rv park here in Utah. Had a contractor come out and look at the install for the water line. About a mile of line.

He said if he had to hire someone to trench it would be $6-10 per ft. And they needed travel time paid and mobilization.

I rented a bobcat e85 mini x a couple months ago and learning how to use it first time was able to cut a 3' wide 60" trench about 1,000 ft per day in 7 hrs.

So doing the math. Let's take the middle estimate of $8 per ft x 1,000 ft per day =$8,000 per day x 5 days during the week = $40k per week x 50 weeks a year. I.e. $2 million per year to operate a mini x!

I offered my services to him at that price since he said they are so backed up with work.

Sounds like you got lucky it was such easy digging :)

Nice when it all works out

Vib

Reaction score
Its all sandy soil down here. Not a rock or root on site and he knew that.

I'm just offering my help to alleviate the construction trade backlog 🙄

HitIt

Reaction score
Would love to see you get 87.5% equipment utilization for 50 weeks in a year!!
What is reasonable? 50%? So only $1M?

I am just being a smartass and have no idea what I am talking about. But I do love when DIY works out.

Off road RV park? Tell me more...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking that an RV park could be great investment - asphalt, 50A power, water and septic

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking that an RV park could be great investment - asphalt, 50A power, water and septic
My buddy Cody if putting one in right as you drive through Kalispell MT. Right behind his sisters bar 👍

rrrr

Reaction score

The gal across the road from my lake house and shop put in 40 spaces on gravel five years ago. The park has been 100% rented since then, and she's knocking down more than $10k a month.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Is the water line 30in pipe? Lol
Why a 3ft wide trench? Get a smaller bucket
3ft wide x 5ft deep x 1000ft in 7 hrs is pretty impressive
E85 isn’t a mini ex, more of a work horse compact ex.

Reactions: Vib

WYRD

Reaction score
You are not far off. Going rate for operated backhoe or miniex is 145/hrs x 2000hrs = 290k/yr. Contractor was busy and gave you his DILLIGAF pricing

HBCraig

Reaction score

Or rent a ride-on trencher

Or rent a track loader with a trencher attachment.

Vib

Reaction score
Is the water line 30in pipe? Lol
Why a 3ft wide trench? Get a smaller bucket
3ft wide x 5ft deep x 1000ft in 7 hrs is pretty impressive
E85 isn’t a mini ex, more of a work horse compact ex.
Were putting the electrical in the other side and need 2 ft separation.

TVMNick

Reaction score
Pretty cool you are in Caineville, I grew up in Price and spent a lot of time riding in swing arm city. Ate many burgers at Stan's traveling back and forth to Bullfrog as well. I'm going to make it a point to come stay at your place and bring our crew!

Reactions: Vib

Vib

Reaction score
Pretty cool you are in Caineville, I grew up in Price and spent a lot of time riding in swing arm city. Ate many burgers at Stan's traveling back and forth to Bullfrog as well. I'm going to make it a point to come stay at your place and bring our crew!
Cant wait to get a firm open date and offer a discount for RDP members. Since I'm boatless these days it will be great to meet some boaters again. Good peeps!