WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2-stroke DI rules on Lake Mohave?

77charger

Reaction score

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Honestly I'd take the risk on Mohave. I don't think LE would know a two stroke from a 4 stroke at distance or even up close. I was on Mohave on Friday on one of the nice sandy beaches just below Katherines and two guys, one on a Kawi SXR800 and the other on an older Superjet came ripping through the cove we were in. Neither ski is DI.

hallett21

Reaction score
No direct injection may be ok but that is different from oil injection it says on the list there referring to oil injection.Pretty much if its a 2 stroke and has a carb its a no go.

Most 2 strokes Mercury made after 1995ish are DFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77charger

Reaction score
Honestly I'd take the risk on Mohave. I don't think LE would know a two stroke from a 4 stroke at distance or even up close. I was on Mohave on Friday on one of the nice sandy beaches just below Katherines and two guys, one on a Kawi SXR800 and the other on an older Superjet came ripping through the cove we were in. Neither ski is DI.
Have heard the same about other lakes above.Was told just dont draw attention to yourself.Last trip to powell i saw a couple of older sea donkeys they had no issues.Now i probably wouldnt go into the main channel but keep off in coves to be safe and "heard" only NPS enforces the ban sheriff dont care

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

Like was said, this is a Federal Regulation. Sheriff's and State Wildlife (NV) and Game & Fish (AZ can't enforce it. But I guarantee you that the NPS Rangers on the water have received sufficient training to know the difference. They used to check PWCs on the way in, through the gates. Not sure if they do that any more.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I have a fantastic condition 02 Yamaha 1200. I keep it mint. So legally now it is a thousand pound, or what ever it weighs, paperweight? Seems unfair to keep it nice and in top condition just to be forced to spend 18k on a new one. Should be grandfathered in. After all. game and fish collects money every year still on it. State vs federal?

Riley1

Reaction score
Like was said, this is a Federal Regulation. Sheriff's and State Wildlife (NV) and Game & Fish (AZ can't enforce it. But I guarantee you that the NPS Rangers on the water have received sufficient training to know the difference. They used to check PWCs on the way in, through the gates. Not sure if they do that any more.
I’ve seen quite a few 2 stroke PWC’s (like ‘96 wave ventures) on the water this year at mead. People at the BC gate,as far as I can tell, don’t pay attention to anything watercraft related except for looking for a sticker. I heard that there might have been a class action suit regarding the ban. But can’t find any info for it against.

traquer

Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers, this is exactly what I was wondering about.

I used to have a sweet sick 750sxi, and a GTX Seadoo and kind of miss them. The new 4 strokes are so sluggish and big, unless you get the top dog models.

Thinking to get a mid 2000's SeaDoo just for fun. So if it's direct injected I'm good to go?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I have a fantastic condition 02 Yamaha 1200. I keep it mint. So legally now it is a thousand pound, or what ever it weighs, paperweight? Seems unfair to keep it nice and in top condition just to be forced to spend 18k on a new one. Should be grandfathered in. After all. game and fish collects money every year still on it. State vs federal?

Information concerning the Federal ban on PWCs came out waaaaaay back in 2001. Well before it was enforced.

I also got PWCs in 2002, but they are '87s. And completely wore them out by 2013. (Federal ban)

Still usable on the river below Davis Dam All the way to Mexico.

Dan'l