WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

20 Jet Steering Cable Direction?

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
I'm having some confusion with my steering controller. The cover for my under dash wiring isn't fitting. It seems that the cable has to run to the passenger, or starboard side. There is only 1 glassed in loop, near the dash, and no more the whole length of the gunnel. That makes me think the cable will want to droop down and was most likely running on the drivers side. I took this apart almost 10 years ago.

If someone has a Morse Controller 2 on a 20 Berkeley I'd like to know what path the cable runs and how it looks in the engine area as far as the way it goes into the transom and out to the jet.
Thanks.

spectra bash

Reaction score
my original cable routed around the passenger side through loops and there was one on top of gas tank also. i am switching to rack and routing it on driver side. shorter cable.

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
Here is the unit I have. Single cable. I have to believe that if your sitting in the drivers seat and the controller will be mounted as seen in the pic, then the cable should come from the upper right port and follow around the passenger side to the engine compartment.
Anyone have a pic showing this and how this cable looks as far as the configuration of the bends it makes before leaving out to the jet?

Attachments

• morse steering controller 2.jpg
    morse steering controller 2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 67

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
Well, I know it goes toward the passenger side after looking at some of the old photos.

Still kind of want to see an engine compartment pic.

Attachments

• 100_0086.jpg
    100_0086.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 91