WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

20 Million Dollar Scarab.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Used to be one of those laying in the dirt on the side of the road by buckskin...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Please. :rolleyes:

The car is maybe $25K, plus what someone feels the Miami Vice connection is worth.

The boat, probably about the same.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Please. :rolleyes:

The car is maybe $25K, plus what someone feels the Miami Vice connection is worth.

The boat, probably about the same.

You'd think so, but even the Ferrari replicars are bringing 6 figures these days...

TripleB

Reaction score
I PM'd Wayne, hopefully he will post and give everyone the heads up on the value

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
You'd think so, but even the Ferrari replicars are bringing 6 figures these days...

People are idiots. The Ferrari surge is not going to last and a lot of people are going to be left holding cars they overpaid for on a scale we’ve never seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
That boat is worth in the area of 85k the way it sits right there. It’s a nicely completed KV scarab (which really are great boats - wave crushers).

I wouldn’t mind having a KV Scarab.

4Waters

Reaction score
What sucks is what Scarab is now.

maxresdefault.jpg

6969971-0-51386111.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
While 20 million is high, the Ferrari and the boat are worth some coin...more so the Ferrari.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Used to be one of those laying in the dirt on the side of the road by buckskin...

Lol are you talking about the white one that was under the big “car port”? I always looked at that and was like what a waste

Cray Paper

Reaction score
While 20 million is high, the Ferrari and the boat are worth some coin...more so the Ferrari.
The " Ferrari" was a kit car based off a 3rd gen Chevy corvette. The car isnt worth much.

I would venture to say the boat isnt worth more than the some of it's parts plus 30K.

spectras only

Reaction score
https://jimsuva.typepad.com/blog/2015/06/miami-vice-daytona-found.html
There were a total of three Daytonas used, and there was a real Ferrari Daytona that was used briefly. The owner of the car didn't like the way the car was being taken care of, so he withdrew the car. Universal Studios bought two Daytonas that were built by Tom McBurnie. Car #1, the first Daytona replica ever built, and Car #4. Both were built on Corvette chassis. Car #1 was built on a 1976 chassis and Car #4 on a 1981 chassis.

Just like AC Cobra kit cars value goes, so is this Daytona's plus a few bucks more for being in the movie. We don't know if this is car #1 or #4 if that matters at all. The car may sell at BJ for 6 figures at most;). The boat could also fetch 100K or maybe little more. I think the #1 boat a Chris Craft 39X would be the most desirable to have before the KV Scarab for a true collector with $$$$ IMO.
The original Chris stinger
4ccdb99734af1cab439df1be3076100d.jpg
MiamiDonJohnsononboat.jpg

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Lol are you talking about the white one that was under the big “car port”? I always looked at that and was like what a waste
Scarab that got dumped don't know where it wound up.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I missed this thread. Started another. I like Miami Vice, but not that much!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Oh Starz Encore channel 541 on Direct TV shows Miami Vice weeknights at 8pm pacific. They are going in order and currently on Season three. I've been watching it...…………………. Has me thinking what a KV that looks like the Vice boat but didn't appear on the show is worth. I know a real Daytona spider is worth around $2million or you can buy a coupe with its top chopped off for around $650k.

Tank

Reaction score
Oh Starz Encore channel 541 on Direct TV shows Miami Vice weeknights at 8pm pacific. They are going in order and currently on Season three. I've been watching it...…………………. Has me thinking what a KV that looks like the Vice boat but didn't appear on the show is worth. I know a real Daytona spider is worth around $2million or you can buy a coupe with its top chopped off for around $650k.
The fact this boat appeared in the show means nothing to anyone with any sense. Buddy had a SUPER nice KV Scarab with #5 drives, big power, race set up with bolsters, no cabin, light layup. Thing was a MONSTER. Guy on OSO owns it now, it was called "Unleashed". Think it sold for 80ish on a trailer. KV Scarabs are actually really cool boats and they look really nice updated and refurbished. Great lines and stance in the water and they have a true proven race pedigree record in big water. They're the real deal. But first off finding a KV at all is slim, they just don't pop up all too often and I'd say there's more KV's that are in need of a good restoration than there are out there that have been restored.

Shitty KV's go for 40's or less. Super nice ones 85ish in todays market depending on what all is there. Oh, and I hear the restore on this particular boat isn't exactly top notch.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The fact this boat appeared in the show means nothing to anyone with any sense. Buddy had a SUPER nice KV Scarab with #5 drives, big power, race set up with bolsters, no cabin, light layup. Thing was a MONSTER. Guy on OSO owns it now, it was called "Unleashed". Think it sold for 80ish on a trailer. KV Scarabs are actually really cool boats and they look really nice updated and refurbished. Great lines and stance in the water and they have a true proven race pedigree record in big water. They're the real deal. But first off finding a KV at all is slim, they just don't pop up all too often and I'd say there's more KV's that are in need of a good restoration than there are out there that have been restored.

Shitty KV's go for 40's or less. Super nice ones 85ish in todays market depending on what all is there. Oh, and I hear the restore on this particular boat isn't exactly top notch.

Great info...….. I don't care if something appeared on a show or whatever. Maybe two years ago a Ferrari Testarossa that was on Miami Vice failed to sell on eBay for a million. Id rather just buy a white Testarossa and call it a day. I like the look of the Vice KV still.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Some things, like a Paul Newman’s Rolex Daytona, are valuable due to their iconic history.

This boat isn’t one of those things.

It’s just a prop that was used on a TV series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tank

Reaction score
Great info...….. I don't care if something appeared on a show or whatever. Maybe two years ago a Ferrari Testarossa that was on Miami Vice failed to sell on eBay for a million. Id rather just buy a white Testarossa and call it a day. I like the look of the Vice KV still.

Yea, the TV thing really doesn't matter much to anyone that's going to use that boat. Shit, my Top Gun was in an episode of The Mentalist lol. You want to talk about a boat that is probably more desirable by actual powerboaters, would be Betty Cooks KAMA 38' KV Scarab. Now this boat has some true heritage and helped make scarab what they were in the day. Scarab even held the speed record (currently held by Outerlimits) for many years.

Betty%20Cook%20air%201977.jpg
Betty%20Cook%20at%20Key%20West%201977.jpg
wellcraft_Naslov.jpg

Here's pics of Unleashed 38' KV Scarab sold for around 80 if I recall right.

51_1.jpg

72_1.jpg

a0_1.jpg

d4_1.jpg

And some of you Havasu guys probably remember David Renkin running his 38 KV "Penzoil" around Havasu and long beach for many years. Huge Pfaff power and #5 drives. Boat was a beast.

Pennzoil.JPG

sirbob

Reaction score
How do you get a bunch of attention when trying to sell an old boat thats not worth much...

I know - list it for $20 mil and everybody will pass the ad around saying what a knucklehead the seller is - right up until the right person sees it and calls to buy it for $xx?

Tank

Reaction score
How do you get a bunch of attention when trying to sell an old boat thats not worth much...

I know - list it for $20 mil and everybody will pass the ad around saying what a knucklehead the seller is - right up until the right person sees it and calls to buy it for $xx?

It definitely gets people talking. Not the first time it’s been brought up or the guys listed it. Whatever. Think he’ll be offended when I call and offer 50k?

sirbob

Reaction score
It definitely gets people talking. Not the first time it’s been brought up or the guys listed it. Whatever. Think he’ll be offended when I call and offer 50k?

He knows it's not worth what he is asking - my guess is he knows what its worth and would take any offer close.

I see bunch of houses that are listed for 150 million etc and they sell for 75 or something like that. When you are THAT HIGH over the market its just a ploy to get attention.

Tank

Reaction score
He knows it's not worth what he is asking - my guess is he knows what its worth and would take any offer close.

I see bunch of houses that are listed for 150 million etc and they sell for 75 or something like that. When you are THAT HIGH over the market its just a ploy to get attention.

yea, but it's super lame. I mean, using your example this thing should be listed for 190k take 85 for it. But 20mil? Cooooooooome on. LOL Things worth 85k....on a good day. And like I said, this isn't the first time he's done this.

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score

watch it go to Dubai for full asking price :) hey he got us talking so something is working lol

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
That's a true offshore hull, and those Kamma shots are infamous -one of the pic's that as a kid made me want to go fast on the water. I'd buy the gas to get a ride in rough water in Kamma!!!!!!!!