WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2001 chevy dually

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
Out with the old $29 speakers that came with it and I tossed a set of kickers I had sitting in the garage.

View attachment 1062124

Then I picked up a jl 12tw3 in their own box. I’m happy with it. It looks like I’m only pushing it about halfway and it’s freaking loud. Maybe I’ll swap the 1.600 for a 1.1000.

View attachment 1062125
What head unit did you go with?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
What head unit did you go with?
It’s an android 10” from amazon. I’m not really in love with it. I looked into the big brands alpine pioneer etc but other than car play I can’t do native apps and I’m stuck with just Bluetooth. I don’t want to be on my phone and car play sucks compared to native. I just wish one of these had a fast processor and lots of memory. Like the Tesla and dodge full size multimedia screens are great.

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s an android 10” from amazon. I’m not really in love with it. I looked into the big brands alpine pioneer etc but other than car play I can’t do native apps and I’m stuck with just Bluetooth. I don’t want to be on my phone and car play sucks compared to native. I just wish one of these had a fast processor and lots of memory. Like the Tesla and dodge full size multimedia screens are great.
I know people tie in iPads with a regular unit via blue tooth or usb. Not sure if that’s an option for you?

Obviously need a mount for it as well.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
I know people tie in iPads with a regular unit via blue tooth or usb. Not sure if that’s an option for you?

Obviously need a mount for it as well.

yeah i was looking at in dash ipad mounts the other day. it'll mean moving the climate controls as well.

32af87c09206e5df55ac941c36e4e5ac.jpg

ALL4SHO

Reaction score
KILLER TRUCK!! i have a few question about your truck if you don't mind, i am on the fence about going from 19.5" to 22"

whats the company you got the 22" from and why did you go with them and would you recommend them?

what made you go with the adapters over a direct bolt option?

thanks for any info you could share!

Cooter01

Reaction score
Been a long time lurker, such a sweet build! Keep up with the updates. As far as the radio goes, I am in the same boat, leaning towards an ipad and dealing with relocating crap to make it work. Somedays I say keep it simple and just do a double din and be done.

merc_400r

Reaction score
Beautiful truck. Any under the hood pics? Curious how you did the cold side piping for the turbo.

FCT

Reaction score
I thought you were going to scoop up that extra cab that was just listed?? It'd be cool to watch someone else do a mirror rebuild like @ka0tyk
Might possibly grab it. It looks pretty dang clean.

Going to have a yard full of Duallys 🤣

FCT

Reaction score
I dragged it with me when I moved. I’m sooo on the fence. Daughter cried when I brought up selling it.

View attachment 1334889

Jake (phat phabz owner) has a black one for sale. But he wants 55k.
That definitely doesn’t look warm 🤣 where did you move to?

That black one is beautiful but to expensive and the wrong color.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm with @FCT on this one...... The black dually is bitchen for sure, but I don't dig the black.

@ka0tyk has a beautiful truck and it happens to be my favorite color. I'm biased though. 😎 I think if you were to sell it, you'd regret it. That truck is so damn clean. 👍

@n2otoofast4u dually is clean too......but it just wouldn't match anything we own. I'm weird like that.

Reactions: FCT

Tank

Reaction score
Love love love this truck.

Did you ever consider fully bagging?

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Love love love this truck.

Did you ever consider fully bagging?

After owning it for a while now and having ridden in a bagged truck... yes i would love to... but mainly for ride quality. With a 4 link bar rear end and a pair of huge bags the rear end softens up a LOT. but you have to have a huge bump in the bed... and modifying the gas tank... not really a fan. you can also add a watts link to keep it all centered.

91-00-rear-kit-5-600x600.jpg

91-00-rear-kit-2-600x600.jpg

also in the front rather than having 6" of drop and the suspension angles all jacked, the upper control arm mounts are relocated to the top of the frame. but it requires cutting into the cab for tire clearance.

Chevy-HD-Kit-2-600x600.jpg

however being an 01+ it'll never "lay out" like a 98 and earlier truck. we have a section under the cab that drops down a good 8" or so that it would lay on. Right now I'm sitting with the frame 3" off the ground already. So its a TON of work just to have it go down another 3" when I park? But a huge difference in ride quality.

all in all it'd probably be a $10k cost with all the parts, labor, airride controls, tanks, pumps, etc... i have the frontend kit in my garage already and I kept my stock spindles because they use the stockers not my mcgaughy's 2" drop. but most trucks that are "phat phabz'ed" fetch a LOT more money on the market because its done right. theres a huge diff between a truck thats chopped up and bagged "custom". most of those take forever to sell and have a ton of problems.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
After owning it for a while now and having ridden in a bagged truck... yes i would love to... but mainly for ride quality. With a 4 link bar rear end and a pair of huge bags the rear end softens up a LOT. but you have to have a huge bump in the bed... and modifying the gas tank... not really a fan. you can also add a watts link to keep it all centered.

91-00-rear-kit-5-600x600.jpg

91-00-rear-kit-2-600x600.jpg

also in the front rather than having 6" of drop and the suspension angles all jacked, the upper control arm mounts are relocated to the top of the frame. but it requires cutting into the cab for tire clearance.

Chevy-HD-Kit-2-600x600.jpg

however being an 01+ it'll never "lay out" like a 98 and earlier truck. we have a section under the cab that drops down a good 8" or so that it would lay on. Right now I'm sitting with the frame 3" off the ground already. So its a TON of work just to have it go down another 3" when I park? But a huge difference in ride quality.

all in all it'd probably be a $10k cost with all the parts, labor, airride controls, tanks, pumps, etc... i have the frontend kit in my garage already and I kept my stock spindles because they use the stockers not my mcgaughy's 2" drop. but most trucks that are "phat phabz'ed" fetch a LOT more money on the market because its done right. theres a huge diff between a truck thats chopped up and bagged "custom". most of those take forever to sell and have a ton of problems.
Yeah, that’s a LOT of work to do it right?! 😬😳

Supposed you decide to keep it, it’ll be worth it. If you’re thinking of selling, F all that.