WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2002 Hallett 210 Upgrades

Hallett43

Reaction score
New to the site, but I’ve been lurking for a year and actually found this boat for sale here. Purchased the boat and had it shipped to North Carolina. The boat was in excellent condition but really had nothing for a stereo and the gauges/controls were slightly faded. Broke the boat in for the first summer on the lake and started a few upgrade projects. First a few pics of what I started with.

Last edited:

Hallett43

Reaction score
[url=https://ibb.co/1bSGM1n]
9220-A82-A-6-D46-4-E1-A-8-CEA-F1-FCE44-BC4-E9.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Hallett43

Reaction score
Stereo was first which started with a Fusion Deck with the remote wired to the Driver side along with two amps powering the MB Quart 6.5 front and rear and some 4” Kickers in the middle with a Wet Sounds 10” sub under the hatch that has quick disconnects attached. The boat had an old cd deck mounted in the glove box, I relocated the new Fusion deck to the outside under the glovebox. For the most part this was a from scratch upgrade because the stereo in the boat was almost non functional when I purchased.

Hallett43

Reaction score
Next was throttle. Needed to get something nicer than the old plastic unit that had served its life well but needed to go. Pics and install to follow shortly.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Bad ass. I love the pic of it on the hot shot trailer !

is that an AS 10 box? How does it sound?

Hallett43

Reaction score
Yes it is the AS 10 and it sounds very good, not going to blow any skirts up but is perfect for a moderate level of Bass to complete the system. The Crutchfield reviews were very accurate on the unit. I like it’s easy to remove if I want the space back.

Hallett43

Reaction score
The throttle project was next, removed the old unit and then had to make a template and used some 3/4” plywood to fill in the old cutout with a marine grade epoxy. After the new piece cured I used the new template from the new Hardin Marine throttle to cut the new hole.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Nice. This is the one Maxed Out had listed right?

Hallett43

Reaction score
Finished up the throttle last week which included having to trim the vinyl around the new Hardin Marine throttle. Cut the backing board and vinyl and the wrapped the vinyl around the new cutout to match the contour of the throttle base plate. The throttle was a tight fit, but ended up fitting like a glove.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I love these threads, as i was told while doing my own, it’s the best part of this forum. I hope you keep up the good work as well keep updating it even if it’s just little stupid deals.

One thing id go look for is the butt connectors with the heat shrink included. There’s a few different brands, but the ones I’ve found have a glue in them and they really water seal the connection which is always good as copper will corrode quickly. I can ask the guy we’re i get mine the brand of interested.
6B09F0E6-C11B-42B3-8121-331069B1198E.jpeg
6CB986DD-40FA-452F-8DF0-9400B4D35930.jpeg

StevieHops

Reaction score
I would like to know the brand, please.

I love these threads, as i was told while doing my own, it’s the best part of this forum. I hope you keep up the good work as well keep updating it even if it’s just little stupid deals.

One thing id go look for is the butt connectors with the heat shrink included. There’s a few different brands, but the ones I’ve found have a glue in them and they really water seal the connection which is always good as copper will corrode quickly. I can ask the guy we’re i get mine the brand of interested.
View attachment 832869 View attachment 832870

Hallett43

Reaction score
I would like to know the brand, please.

When doing the new stereo/electrical, I try and heat shrink everything I can. I have used those connectors and they are really nice. I’m starting work on my dash now which will require more electrical work. I have learned a lot from these types of threads so just trying to give back. If it helps someone with an idea great. Most of mine are copied from someone else.

waiting for my custom switches from Eddie Marine and new wheel. I’m cutting a new dash panel out of sheet carbon fiber. Used my old metal dash as a template. Waiting for the new switches to finish the cuts and then a high gloss clear coat.

Bleakish Times

Reaction score
Finished up the throttle last week which included having to trim the vinyl around the new Hardin Marine throttle. Cut the backing board and vinyl and the wrapped the vinyl around the new cutout to match the contour of the throttle base plate. The throttle was a tight fit, but ended up fitting like a glove.

Question: What advantage does a dual handle throttle/shifter offer over a single combined throttle/shift handle?

Hallett43

Reaction score
Question: What advantage does a dual handle throttle/shifter offer over a single combined throttle/shift handle?
I think it’s a personal preference, I drove a boat with the dual stick and slow speed control docking seemed so much easier just popping it in and out of gear and setting your idle speed. The mechanism is a lot smoother also, no clunky shifts into reverSe and forward. Someone else will probably chime in with their opinion.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
When doing the new stereo/electrical, I try and heat shrink everything I can. I have used those connectors and they are really nice. I’m starting work on my dash now which will require more electrical work. I have learned a lot from these types of threads so just trying to give back. If it helps someone with an idea great. Most of mine are copied from someone else.

waiting for my custom switches from Eddie Marine and new wheel. I’m cutting a new dash panel out of sheet carbon fiber. Used my old metal dash as a template. Waiting for the new switches to finish the cuts and then a high gloss clear coat.

Where’d you find those purple rockers? SBA

Hallett43

Reaction score
Where’d you find those purple rockers? SBA

so what’s funny is that’s just an image I found, I’m having Eddie Marine complete mine as I write this. They only have the red rockers, I’m also looking for the purple you see in the image. I had Hallett etched into the top of mine, but it will probably have the red rockers. I WANT THE PURPLE ALSO.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
so what’s funny is that’s just an image I found, I’m having Eddie Marine complete mine as I write this. They only have the red rockers, I’m also looking for the purple you see in the image. I had Hallett etched into the top of mine, but it will probably have the red rockers. I WANT THE PURPLE ALSO.
Through K4 you can get red, blue, green, white, & yellow (amber) but don’t know of purple that’s bad ass if so tho.

Hallett43

Reaction score
Alright I’m back at work finishing the panel and gauges along with the new steering wheel. Just finishing up the second round of clear coat on the panel. My new switch holders came out nice with the engraved Hallett on the four switch holder. I also had a vinyl Hallett made and cleared over the top of that. One more wet sand on the carbon panel and I’ll be ready for final assembly. Should be tomorrow.

185-AE976-64-AE-409-A-8-DF9-C2-E32-EF9-A0-C8.jpg

B1655-CA0-E523-43-B3-A54-F-C32-C936-BECA8.jpg

5-B441-AEE-D09-A-4050-B2-BD-B98-BBA6-ED6-F8.jpg

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Alright I’m back at work finishing the panel and gauges along with the new steering wheel. Just finishing up the second round of clear coat on the panel. My new switch holders came out nice with the engraved Hallett on the four switch holder. I also had a vinyl Hallett made and cleared over the top of that. One more wet sand on the carbon panel and I’ll be ready for final assembly. Should be tomorrow.

185-AE976-64-AE-409-A-8-DF9-C2-E32-EF9-A0-C8.jpg

B1655-CA0-E523-43-B3-A54-F-C32-C936-BECA8.jpg

5-B441-AEE-D09-A-4050-B2-BD-B98-BBA6-ED6-F8.jpg
What did you use for clear over the carbon fiber?

where in NC do you boat?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I live on Lake Norman in Mooresville NC

I used Spraymax, stuff is the best around.
42-A12-B6-E-D3-D6-4069-B792-BBD86680-B4-AC.jpg
That’s funny, just yesterday I was looking at houses to rent on Lake Norman for a vacation this year. Looks like a Great Lake, lots of stuff to do.

lenmann

Reaction score
Nice work right there, it looks really cool.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
So this SPRAY MAX is a protector and makes plastic shine -- metal shine as being a clear cote ? What exactly does it do and exactly used for ?

SamMaxco

Reaction score
Great looking 210. I’m curious what prop you use and what top speed you get. Very nice 👍🏼