WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2004 25 Howard bullett

CobraDave

Reaction score
Hey Tony just curious; any horsepower gains from the rebuild?

tony

Reaction score
Hey Tony just curious; any horsepower gains from the rebuild?
When I bought the boat it ran 77-78mph after Teague 82-83mph not sure how much hp that would translate into? But it was really set up to put a Whipple kit on it to make it a teague 825...

CobraDave

Reaction score
When I bought the boat it ran 77-78mph after Teague 82-83mph not sure how much hp that would translate into? But it was really set up to put a Whipple kit on it to make it a teague 825...

But I assume if you kept it as is no modification is needed? What does the whipple set up change?

tony

Reaction score
But I assume if you kept it as is no modification is needed? What does the whipple set up change?
The difference is Teague had AFR CNC port the heads and open up the combustion chambers and then they used thicker cometic head gaskets for the whipple charger so between the larger chambers and thicker head gaskets it lowered the compression ratio which cost a little bit of hp and torque in a natraully aspirated motor. So I think the motor is putting out roughly 550hp on 87oct..

tony

Reaction score
It's official the funds have been transferred the Howard is sold. It's off to Canada and Wes Clements the new owner! He got a very clean great running boat as close to new as you can get and for 55k way less than half what a new one would cost.. Now I need to find something new... Hopefully a Schiada:thumbup:

X Hoser

Reaction score
I'm sure it hurt a little watching her leave, I know it did for me when I sold the Schiada. Good luck with the search, be patient, the right boat will come along. The deal I was working on fell apart, so I'm back in the market too. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

tony

Reaction score
I'm sure it hurt a little watching her leave, I know it did for me when I sold the Schiada. Good luck with the search, be patient, the right boat will come along. The deal I was working on fell apart, so I'm back in the market too. I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Hey Rick there is definitely some sellers remorse for sure! The thing is it's just hard to find something thats the same caliber to replace it! I'm going to look at a boat tomorrow and hopfully it will be what I want? Sorry about your deal falling thru but hopefully something pop's up that meets your family's needs.. Tony