WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2005 Howard bullet

Lucchesi

Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the form and I’m thinking about purchasing this boat does anyone know any information on this it’s a 2005 Howard bullet

Attachments

• C0F02795-E2CB-4EA9-A885-310C9844893C.jpeg
    C0F02795-E2CB-4EA9-A885-310C9844893C.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 340

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP! I spent about an hour on that boat back in Oct. If it had a white interior it would likely be sitting in my warehouse now. The dealership where it's listed is an outstanding company with a great sales team. I would give them a call to discuss the boat and it's condition. If you can't make it out in person to view it I'm sure they will do a walkaround video or facetime.

My personal opinions after viewing the boat...

Pros:
  • It's a Howard, say no more :cool:
  • Engine & drive were replaced with a factory new 496HO package in approx 2011. My understanding is the boat was originally traded into Boulder Boats with either big motor/no motor and new factory drivetrain was installed to appeal to a wider audience.
  • Appears to have been well cared for.

Cons:
  • Interior is a silver base with orange accent. Not my style & a new interior is $$$
  • Left fender needs repair/replace due to damage from prior blowout
  • Trailer is OK but personally I would repaint
  • Minor gelcoat fading in a few areas, should be simple touch up & not bad for an 05
  • Slight scuff in rubrail
Hopefully that info is helpful. IMO it's definitely worth calling on the boat. It's not perfect but for an 05 it's in good shape and with a few $$ it could be brought back to like-new condition and be a great boat for many years.

-Zack

Lucchesi

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP! I spent about an hour on that boat back in Oct. If it had a white interior it would likely be sitting in my warehouse now. The dealership where it's listed is an outstanding company with a great sales team. I would give them a call to discuss the boat and it's condition. If you can't make it out in person to view it I'm sure they will do a walkaround video or facetime.

My personal opinions after viewing the boat...

Pros:
  • It's a Howard, say no more :cool:
  • Engine & drive were replaced with a factory new 496HO package in approx 2011. My understanding is the boat was originally traded into Boulder Boats with either big motor/no motor and new factory drivetrain was installed to appeal to a wider audience.
  • Appears to have been well cared for.

Cons:
  • Interior is a silver base with orange accent. Not my style & a new interior is $$$
  • Left fender needs repair/replace due to damage from prior blowout
  • Trailer is OK but personally I would repaint
  • Minor gelcoat fading in a few areas, should be simple touch up & not bad for an 05
  • Slight scuff in rubrail
Hopefully that info is helpful. IMO it's definitely worth calling on the boat. It's not perfect but for an 05 it's in good shape and with a few $$ it could be brought back to like-new condition and be a great boat for many years.

-Zack
Wow I really do appreciate you giving me all this information on the boat I’ve been talking to the dealer for about a week now about this boat overall condition looks OK trailer like you said definitely is beat up a little bit just think they’re asking a little bit too much money for boat for the condition it’s in

NicPaus

Reaction score
How much are they asking? Friend has a 04 with a merc 500 in it. Great boats.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
They are asking 60,000
For some price comparison. I sold my 2005 25 bullet last year for 69K. The boat was as flawless as could be inside and out. Teague did a bunch of work to it and you could eat out of the engine compartment because it was so clean with some of the nicest rigging i have ever seen. Had a mercury 500 in it rebuilt by teague to a 600 with 220 hours on it with a teague platinum drive. Trailer had been completely redone also. Sounds like they are about 10k overpriced in my opinion

Lucchesi

Reaction score
For some price comparison. I sold my 2005 25 bullet last year for 69K. The boat was as flawless as could be inside and out. Teague did a bunch of work to it and you could eat out of the engine compartment because it was so clean with some of the nicest rigging i have ever seen. Had a mercury 500 in it rebuilt by teague to a 600 with 220 hours on it with a teague platinum drive. Trailer had been completely redone also. Sounds like they are about 10k overpriced in my opinion

Wow boat sounded amazing! I definitely think they are asking to much
Think it's boulder boats.
That’s correct

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Wow boat sounded amazing! I definitely think they are asking to much

That’s correct
I like Howards, but that's not a very well cared for 25 IMHO. The 26 Eagle is quite a bit bigger and looks to be well cared for or at least rehabbed.

retaocleg

Reaction score
true v=better ride, padded bottom=faster.............there are exceptions of course

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I really like the Howard but like you send seems like it got beat up a bit. That eagle look very clean really don’t no much about them
Well most people would put Eliminator basically on par with Howard, but here you'd be getting a bigger boat, Mercury racing engine, better drive, Hydraulic steering, triple axel trailer and everything seems to be in better condition, including the upholstery, it doesn't appear burnt. The Eliminator is a double stepped hull, also known to be quite effecient and well mannered. It is a little older, but also a much better price. You'd have more to work with if you're inclined to beef it up. I really don't know the Eliminator either so do your due diligence.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Last Howard boat I had was a 2004 25 bullet, In my opinion Howard boats are built like a tank.
Mike has a really well designed and built boat. The hull is thick, the boat is a real performer , solid, it has a great ride above all else, it rides a lot better than most boats I have been on. As far as engine/outdrives the options are Mercury Racing and Teague Custom Marine and you would need to verify the hours and maintenance records before you buy...

wishiknew

Reaction score
This is not the boat that was owned by the fireman that is now living in prison ????

Lucchesi

Reaction score
Well most people would put Eliminator basically on par with Howard, but here you'd be getting a bigger boat, Mercury racing engine, better drive, Hydraulic steering, triple axel trailer and everything seems to be in better condition, including the upholstery, it doesn't appear burnt. The Eliminator is a double stepped hull, also known to be quite effecient and well mannered. It is a little older, but also a much better price. You'd have more to work with if you're inclined to beef it up. I really don't know the Eliminator either so do your due diligence.
Thank you for all that definitely interested in the eliminator only thing is I don’t know much about that motor but what really open my eyes was the price

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I really like the Howard but like you send seems like it got beat up a bit. That eagle look very clean really don’t no much about them
I really like Howards. Most Howard owners really take of their boats. This boat, not so much.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
If you’re at all interested in the 28 I have with the 525, we are motivated to sell it. Next February it will get asking price. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I make you good deal my friend.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thank you for all that definitely interested in the eliminator only thing is I don’t know much about that motor but what really open my eyes was the price
The 500 EFI is more horsepower(470) and a better 502 block and comes out of the Mercury Racing stable rather than Mercruiser, but I'll defer to the experts on the details and benefits of the motors.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
This is not the boat that was owned by the fireman that is now living in prison ????
It could be , I know he bought a 25 to flip , his personal boat was an Orange 28 with big power .

Runs2rch

Reaction score
If you’re at all interested in the 28 I have with the 525, we are motivated to sell it. Next February it will get asking price. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I make you good deal my friend.
That boat didn't sell yet? I see now why. 75k hahaha

the510

Reaction score
I had my 25 bullet for 8 years.... Loved everything about it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I personally would say you undersold yourself on yours, i got almost that for my Orion! Covid and every other damn thing going up in price has me feeling that at 60k it’s a steal, interior 10k, Trailer gender and paint 6500, exterior take to Detail specialties 1500 for correction and ceramic. Than you’ve got the perfect boat for the next 10-15, at which if everything keeps up you’ll have 78k into a 125k boat.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Shit after looking at the 30+ photos they have. Yea trailer needs painted, eventually!
The interior isn’t perfect but go look at any 25’ v from 2003-2008 this thing is absolutely on par and it’s not new but it’s got plenty of life left.
Engine sure won’t be the fastest on the water but you never will be.

Now go compare this to all the V’s that have sold, not listed but sold between 24-26’ and 2002-2010 and you’ll see that the Howard Bullet is the top contender, and this one isn’t bad priced at all. Would i offer asking, yes if i was looking i would maybe show up try the 55, 58, 60 is best i can do then sure the 62 is worth it. But they will haggle they always have a little margin in their sales. I know plenty who’ve bought and sold with BB’s and never heard a bad thing.

Lucchesi

Reaction score
Shit after looking at the 30+ photos they have. Yea trailer needs painted, eventually!
The interior isn’t perfect but go look at any 25’ v from 2003-2008 this thing is absolutely on par and it’s not new but it’s got plenty of life left.
Engine sure won’t be the fastest on the water but you never will be.

Now go compare this to all the V’s that have sold, not listed but sold between 24-26’ and 2002-2010 and you’ll see that the Howard Bullet is the top contender, and this one isn’t bad priced at all. Would i offer asking, yes if i was looking i would maybe show up try the 55, 58, 60 is best i can do then sure the 62 is worth it. But they will haggle they always have a little margin in their sales. I know plenty who’ve bought and sold with BB’s and never heard a bad thing.
Ya it’s not that bad for 2005 just think it’s needs some love the rubrails are messed up also trailer yes I can get that fixed beside that boat looks solid I was going to try and get it for 55-57

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Just looked on your site and didn’t see it?