WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2006 polaris predator 500 tld carb problem

Reaction score
hey guys i dint know where to start but here it goes....the bike was having a real hard time runing for a bit and finally came down to figuring out that it had a bad fuel pump so we went ahead and replaced that. before i had replaced it the carb never leaked out of the bottom float hole for overflow due to the fuel pump being bad...now thats its getting the righ fuel there its now leaking like its getting to much fuel or pressure in there and we know that the float is adjusyed to spec (checked with a caliper) has anybody seen this/had this problem with these mikuni carbs? maybe fuel pump is to much pressure? any help or advice would be great!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Go back into the carb and check it again and clean the fuel passages.
Might be jazzed at the float needle.

If it’s leaking thru the gaskets then replace carb.

Reaction score
we had cleaned out all fuel passages and repaired the needle and seat with new ones and its still leaking...windering if maybe the bowl screw got over tightened and needs a new one?

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
we had cleaned out all fuel passages and repaired the needle and seat with new ones and its still leaking...windering if maybe the bowl screw got over tightened and needs a new one?
Not unusual to jazz it all up on reassembly.

Reaction score
i will double check everything again...ive had this thing of 4 times lol. also the fuel leak is very slow drip abd it comes out more when giving throttle....its definately not puking fuel

Reaction score
i really wish i had a repair manual on it. i just got it like 2 weeks ago and had to repair other things as well such as the starter clutch one way bearing. it also had a broken keyway we repaired. new throttle cable and choke cable and new spark plug.

Reaction score
do you know why or what would cause it to shut off after 5 mins or so of running...there are no issues starting back up though