WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2006 Vacation...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I've mentioned this place a few times but I don't think I ever posted pics.

For you guys that are looking for a summer destination, this one is out fucking standing.

You'll camp/stage on a lake called Joe's Valley Reservoir. Some spots are lake view, these spots go pretty fast. Elevation, 7k ft

From there, you'll hit the Arapeen Trail System. It would take Weeks to cover every trail! It's a huge trail system that covers a massive area and tops out at almost 11k ft. We hit snow and couldn't go any further. In July!!!

The spots are full hook up. But l there were people with tents. Throw a dirt bike in your truck bed and it could be a cheap vacation.

Anyhow...

Here are some pics. Enjoy.

Joe's Valley 045.jpg
Joe's Valley 047 (1).jpg
Joe's Valley 006 (1).jpg
Joe's Valley Day Three 017.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Three 007.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Three 004.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Three 002.jpg
Joe's Valley 014.jpg
Joe's Valley 013.jpg
Joe's Valley 012.jpg
Joe's Valley 010.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Four 070.jpg
Joe's Valley 054.jpg
Joe's Valley 007.jpg
Joe's Valley 051.jpg
Joe's Valley 047.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Three 019.jpg
Joe's Valley 037.jpg

redone76

Reaction score
Dang that looks amazing! Trails big enough for me to take my Samurai?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Dang that looks amazing! Trails big enough for me to take my Samurai?

Most of em, yes. We took the kids in my F350 up to the snow one day.

There are some single track trails and 4x4 jeep trails. There is something for everyone.

I took my truck and went fishing one day at one of the little trail lakes...

Caught an albino trout! When I told the guy at the marina about it, he wasn't happy. Apparently they were having a fishing derby that coming weekend, and catching the albino trout (they had just stocked) was going to be a big prize!

I musta missed the memo...

🙄😁

Joe's Valley 013 (1).jpg
Joe's Valley Day Four 080.jpg
Joe's Valley Day Four 082 (1).jpg

redone76

Reaction score
Awesome! Good to know and I'm going to look into planning a trip here soon!

outboard_256

Reaction score
Looks fun. 650 miles away from me. Be quite a drive for me.

rrrr

Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful place to vacation.

One of your photos shows how the pine beetle has devastated American and Canadian forests. You'd think that after almost fifty years of this infestation that science would have found a way to stop it.

Those dead trees provide fuel for wildfires. Why aren't they being removed? I guess it's easier to blame climate change than recognize that millions of dead trees tend to burn quite nicely.

wallnutz

Reaction score

One of your photos shows how the pine beetle has devastated American and Canadian forests. You'd think that after almost fifty years of this infestation that science would have found a way to stop it.

Those dead trees provide fuel for wildfires. Why aren't they being removed? I guess it's easier to blame climate change than recognize that millions of dead trees tend to burn quite nicely.
Sad, but very true.:confused:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

It has to do with the tree huggers...

If the forest service tries to thin em out or remove them, the tree huggers will lay down in front of the equipment.

They seem to think nature should be allowed to take it's course.

They really are fucked in the head.