WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2007 26' Ultra shadow questions

danben111

Reaction score
anyone know anything about this boat????
I know there was talk in the past about one delaminating. May have been JOhn Wests personal boat at one time. Not sure.

00k0k_jr66E7iWDTT_600x450.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
I know there was talk in the past about one delaminating. May have been JOhn Wests personal boat at one time. Not sure.

View attachment 664971

Yes, I do. I can’t remember if that hull was infused or not. That boat was one of the first and originally had a 525 in it. It had multiple runs in the salt and ran hard and the bottom had some damage (more then just normal beach rash) in the past. If 100% fixed and Rusty grants you a hull warranty, it always looked good on the water.

Englewood

Reaction score
A buddy and I just looked at this boat...In my opinion, it has been ridden hard and put away wet.

I owned a 26 Shadow with this same gel scheme but white instead of grey. It had a 525 and was a great boat.

danben111

Reaction score
So sounds like I’ll stay away from this one.
He was asking 65k with 496 in it

Hondo-407

Reaction score
My 2 cents.... In this market there is a reason it's been for sale for 6 + months..

Rbcconst

Reaction score
So sounds like I’ll stay away from this one.
He was asking 65k with 496 in it

I looked at that boat a few months ago. 65K and it’s a bit hammered, it was odd to me that a boat shop wouldn’t clean that thing up and get all they could out of it. Something didn’t feel right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

danben111

Reaction score
I looked at that boat a few months ago. 65K and it’s a bit hammered, it was odd to me that a boat shop wouldn’t clean that thing up and get all they could out of it. Something didn’t feel right to me.

You know what they saw if it don’t feel right get out. Yeah the seats look faded and steering wheel wrapped looked worn out. Maybe 55k maybe.
Who knows if it will fall apart in the water. Did they offer a test ride????

Rbcconst

Reaction score
You know what they saw if it don’t feel right get out. Yeah the seats look faded and steering wheel wrapped looked worn out. Maybe 55k maybe.
Who knows if it will fall apart in the water. Did they offer a test ride????

I wasn’t interested in a test ride. There were to many little issues that I couldn’t understand why someone in the industry wouldn’t repair to get top dollar. I would never have had confidence that boat wouldn’t let me down. I don’t mind a project or a diamond in the rough but for my personal boat I can’t chance it, I go out to relax. As you said maybe at 55 or even lower. For the right person that will be a good boat but everything needs to be gone through thoroughly both mechanically and visually.

danben111

Reaction score
I wasn’t interested in a test ride. There were to many little issues that I couldn’t understand why someone in the industry wouldn’t repair to get top dollar. I would never have had confidence that boat wouldn’t let me down. I don’t mind a project or a diamond in the rough but for my personal boat I can’t chance it, I go out to relax. As you said maybe at 55 or even lower. For the right person that will be a good boat but everything needs to be gone through thoroughly both mechanically and visually.

Got it
Thanks for letting me know. You saved me a trip to Havasu to look at a bumb boat

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Got it
Thanks for letting me know. You saved me a trip to Havasu to look at a bumb boat

Give maxed out a call and tell them what your looking for and looking to spend. They will find something for you or may have something already. I work with Tim. When you find something I would send it to a shop in havasu to have a compression test done and have the boat checked out. Maybe split the cost with the owner. It’s cheap insurance.

craneman40

Reaction score
I went and looked at the boat, the boat is in GOOD SHAPE for a 2007. I didn't say Excellent Shape
It was a little dirty from the winds but that's it.
It might need a good detail and a few things done to the boat. I would ask if they are willing to deal or fix the things that need fixing.
I did, doesn't hurt to ask.
Yes its got a few spots on the interior that needs some TLC but besides that the boat is sound,
It was up graded with Monster Gauges, Off Shore Shifter and a Large Stereo when it was built.
It ran good and it only has about 30Hrs on the engine.
I have a pontoon and was just looking, you can never have enough toys.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I went and looked at the boat, the boat is in GOOD SHAPE for a 2007. I didn't say Excellent Shape
It was a little dirty from the winds but that's it.
It might need a good detail and a few things done to the boat. I would ask if they are willing to deal or fix the things that need fixing.
I did, doesn't hurt to ask.
Yes its got a few spots on the interior that needs some TLC but besides that the boat is sound,
It was up graded with Monster Gauges, Off Shore Shifter and a Large Stereo when it was built.
It ran good and it only has about 30Hrs on the engine.
I have a pontoon and was just looking, you can never have enough toys.

They either cleaned it up or it’s a different boat then I looked at. What I saw was not to clean. It did have a fresh 496 in it and looked just like that. What I saw needed color sanded, the interior was faded and had some damage. Batteries were dead. The hatch wouldn’t sit right on the back and needed to be re aligned! Also needed a new trailer which they said was going to be done. Just not what I would pay 65k for with a 496 in it.

craneman40

Reaction score

View attachment 664971

View attachment 664971
They either cleaned it up or it’s a different boat then I looked at. What I saw was not to clean. It did have a fresh 496 in it and looked just like that. What I saw needed color sanded, the interior was faded and had some damage. Batteries were dead. The hatch wouldn’t sit right on the back and needed to be re aligned! Also needed a new trailer which they said was going to be done. Just not what I would pay 65k for with a 496 in it.

Just like I said, it need a little TLC on the interior and a good detailing.
The batteries are new and they started it for me.
The back hatch was a little off and they fixed while I was there,
Yes they told me a new 2018 came with the boat.
The Nada on the boat is 66K and they are priced a little lower.
Everyone has a opinion that's what makes the world go around.
Good luck with your search.

Parker2nd home

Reaction score
So funny how people can comment on my boat. It’s simple. If you have a question or a comment just please call and get your facts straight. It’s funny someone is saying something negative about my boat than referring you to another company. Lol. So sad. Come see the boat for yourself. Make your own judgement and make sure you are 100% you are talking about the right boat before you comment. Thank you. And boat is at ultra in havasu. The picture from Memorial Day in parker 2018

Attachments

• 798C0327-B5F5-41CB-94A8-4A4FB7EB4E8B.jpeg
    798C0327-B5F5-41CB-94A8-4A4FB7EB4E8B.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 247

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Saw a bunch a of people checking it out the last couple of days while I was going back and forth to skip prop shop.

GLWTS.

danben111

Reaction score
So funny how people can comment on my boat. It’s simple. If you have a question or a comment just please call and get your facts straight. It’s funny someone is saying something negative about my boat than referring you to another company. Lol. So sad. Come see the boat for yourself. Make your own judgement and make sure you are 100% you are talking about the right boat before you comment. Thank you. And boat is at ultra in havasu. The picture from Memorial Day in parker 2018

Now I know the boat was pieced together. That steering wheel was from my 2007 ultra 27’ shadow that delaminated. It was a one off wrap. The rest of my boat had the same upholstery design. Blue and gray. I sold the ultra to a guy that was going to part it out. I bet that’s my 496 in the boat also. Maybe even the drive. Would be interesting to get the serial numbers and match them up.

craneman40

Reaction score
Now I know the boat was pieced together. That steering wheel was from my 2007 ultra 27’ shadow that delaminated. It was a one off wrap. The rest of my boat had the same upholstery design. Blue and gray. I sold the ultra to a guy that was going to part it out. I bet that’s my 496 in the boat also. Maybe even the drive. Would be interesting to get the serial numbers and match them up.
So the steering wheel came off your Boat, What does that have to do with anything.
The Interior is original that came with the boat,
Look on ULtra Boats website, it on there.
And No that's Not Your Engine or Drive
I don't understand why everyone talks crap, Ultra Is just trying to sell a used boat.
The 26' shadow has proven its self to be a great ridding boat.

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
So the steering wheel came off your Boat, What does that have to do with anything.
I don't understand why everyone talks crap, Ultra Is just trying to sell a used boat.

I dont think anyone is talking crap just raising some awareness based on what they saw. The OP had some concerns based on a few of these that were infused delaminating. I love Ultras, but if I was interested in this boat I would share that concern as well.

Singleton

Reaction score
I dont think anyone is talking crap just raising some awareness based on what they saw. The OP had some concerns based on a few of these that were infused delaminating. I love Ultras, but if I was interested in this boat I would share that concern as well.

I think only 7 boats in total were infused. 3-4 26’s and 27’s.
I was hinting at that, but did not want to document it.

Singleton

Reaction score
4E00F442-7F07-43DC-9398-4F774FFFDC94.png

Are you the original owner of the boat? Don’t take this personal, but a few folks on this site know more about the history of that boat then you (unless you are the original owner and had JW splash the gel design of hull 10). Then we are referring to hull 10.
Those interiors can be switched really quickly is what folks are saying. The boat on the website (see pic), is hull number 10, mine is 11. Hull 10 was built originally with a 525, and PlayStation monitors and jump seats where must 26’s have storage in the sponsons (in front below helm).

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
The Shadow that had the delimitation issue was with the boat CF0058RD. Not talking shit, just stating facts.
photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
Did that one guys boat ever get finished at ultra? Shadow27 or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradscott48

Reaction score
IMG_1354.png

Is this the same boat? Still for sale or for sale again? I have a buddy that’s interested in it.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
View attachment 998865
Is this the same boat? Still for sale or for sale again? I have a buddy that’s interested in it.

Well sure looks the same and sounds like may have more than 200 hours and not all in fresh water sounds like current owner is unknowing or simply dishonest.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
View attachment 998865

You have to check the date on the powerboat listing site. That add is from may of 2018. They dont get taken down. I don’t believe that ad is valid.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If its on the Powerboat listings site its most likely sold, that add is almost 4 years old. That site sucks ass, I have a half dozen boats on there from over the years, I get a call every few days since the pricing is so much lower than todays numbers.