WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2009 Nordic Lightning DB - are they any good?

jeffmonteith

Reaction score
So I am looking at a 2009 Nordic deck boat lightning... I have a few people telling me the hulls are crap and others say they are good. What are the issues with a 2009 with a 496HO and Bravo 1 drive? What should I be looking for, or should I just run?

Thanks

colenighthawk

Reaction score
My buddy Leo, had 1 he was always complaining how shitty it rides and rattels like a mofo. He said you could really feel the Havasu chop bouncing you all over the place. Boat looked nice tho. He finally sold it and bought a Magic, he's a fucking happy camper

riverroyal

Reaction score
I believe the bottom was fixed in 2010. So yes, run

ssc

Reaction score
I went for a couple of rides and demo it in 2009. It was very unimpressive. The handling was, shall we say sloppy and the way it rode was bouncy. It didn't inspire any confidence. If I remember, it was a 525 motor and seemed heavy. I also tested a conquest and Howard. I was impressed with both but bought the conquest.

Just going off memory.

Cheers, Steve

HBDano

Reaction score
I have a Lightning, it’s my first DB so hard to compare other then a friends Magic. Compared to a Magic the Nordic is solid, no flex. Ride is a little on the rough side on busy weekends. I would mainly complain about the seating, narrow walk way, and 496HO isn’t enough power. I would go conquest, Howard or the 29 Nordic.