WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2012/13 Dodge Durango, any good?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I am looking for our next SUV and I really like the new Durangos, but I have zero experience with Dodge products. The boat is only 1 1/2 miles from the launch ramp, so I was thnking about the V6 with the tow package, it claims it can tow (Crew/Citadel) 7400lbs, which is 200lbs more than my 2001 4.8 V8 Chevy truck and has no problem towing that distance. I also really like the Toyota 4Runner, but that only has a towing capacity of 5000lbs and my boat dry is 4200lbs, so I don't think that is an option.

So what do you guys think? Are Dodge Durangos any good?

Snprhed

Reaction score
My Coworker Has Wrecked One If That's Any Help

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think they look good....

Personaly I still think dodges quality is sub par compared to most of the other products on the market and this is coming from a guy that just bought a 40K jeep;):)

I have never and I mean never been in any chrysler product that I think would last 10 years and 100K miles without issues.....I know there getting better in the last couple years but personally I think the resale alone on a durango would scare me.

I don't think you would have any issues launching your boat with a 4x4 4 runner...not sure I would be running down the freeway towing with that however.

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
I think they look good....

Personaly I still think dodges quality is sub par compared to most of the other products on the market and this is coming from a guy that just bought a 40K jeep;):)

I have never and I mean never been in any chrysler product that I think would last 10 years and 100K miles without issues.....I know there getting better in the last couple years but personally I think the resale alone on a durango would scare me.

I don't think you would have any issues launching your boat with a 4x4 4 runner...not sure I would be running down the freeway towing with that however.

And I tend to keep my vehicles that long, our Armada is 9 years old and my Silverado 12. Thanks for the input, what my insurance going to go up to? :D

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
The V-6 tow capacity is 6200. the v-8 is 7400. The 6 has plenty of power for what you want.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I think the Tahoe is 10 times better than any Dodge product....but I have never liked Dodges. Have you driven one of the Tahoes?

Jyruiz

Next to this Hottie.
Reaction score
The V-6 tow capacity is 6200. the v-8 is 7400. The 6 has plenty of power for what you want.

The SXT has the 6200lbs capacity, the Crew and Citadel have 7400lbs, at least that is what it showed when I looked in Edmunds.

I think the Tahoe is 10 times better than any Dodge product....but I have never liked Dodges. Have you driven one of the Tahoes?

I like the Tahoes, but hate the 3rd row seat not laying flat and having to removed it if I need more room.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I have an older Durango...

I think I made Tyro's house payment one month for him.

Hey Dodge. :finger

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have no experience with the new Durangos.

However, having had a 2000 Durango that was the absolute worst vehicle we have ever owned, I can say I will never own another one.
And I am a loyal Cummins owner.

The 2000 was very nice.....for a week at a time.
The list of parts failures at 100K+ miles is far to long to post here.
We sold it for $900 and it left on a car carrier.
Mind you, it was cherry and flawless body wise....with nice wheels and tires, but I have never been happier to see a vehicle leave our property.

The '99- '01 Durangos are what nearly killed the model for good.