WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2012 NWSRA US Open - Mission Bay

stryderphoto

Reaction score
I met up with Daren (1manwolfpack) on Sunday at the US Open of Water Ski Racing on Mission Bay and spent all day on the water shooting from the start boat. Daren spent his time shooting from the finish boat on Sunday and a few different boats on Saturday so I know he's got tons great photos, be sure to check them out when he posts his thread as well.

I figure if I started this thread with a few photos it'll cause me to get more shots up sooner rather than later so I'll be adding more as I get time to go through them.

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Awesome pics, can't wait to see the rest... :thumbup:

In picture 3, can I officially say I beat Todd of the line??? :D :cool:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Thanks for your commitment brother, can't wait to see the rest and purchase some of #197

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I've finally got the whole batch (from Sunday only) on my drive and will be able to go through and pick shots to post. I'll have a bunch more up by the weekend.
I was shooting from the start boat all day and am much happier with the morning shots since the light was so much better. There's plenty of good shots from throughout the entire day so stay tuned.
Hey Denny, seems like every time I looked at you before a start, during a race, after a race or in between there was a huge smile on your face :D . I'll be posting shots of you and your skiers & observers soon.

stryderphoto

Reaction score
With the new RDP site I'm still trying to figure out how to upload photos in the order I want so bare with me. :headscratch:

stryderphoto

Reaction score
I just posted these two shots in one of Denny's threads in the ski race section and wanted to add them here also.

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Also, even though I'm familiar with many of the faces and boats involved with the events we photograph I'm not always 100% on names so if you see a photo go ahead and identify the person (or persons) in the shot. It would not only help me but it will also put a name to the face for a lot of other people who view these photos as well.

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Here's a few shots of the women from Sunday morning.

Women's Novice - Heidi Harteis

30 & Over - Dawn Wallace, Cheryl Ruston and Erin Doherty

stryderphoto

Reaction score
I'm only posting this crash sequence because the skier was ok ;)

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I've finally got the whole batch (from Sunday only) on my drive and will be able to go through and pick shots to post. I'll have a bunch more up by the weekend.
I was shooting from the start boat all day and am much happier with the morning shots since the light was so much better. There's plenty of good shots from throughout the entire day so stay tuned.
Hey Denny, seems like every time I looked at you before a start, during a race, after a race or in between there was a huge smile on your face :D . I'll be posting shots of you and your skiers & observers soon.
Your'e right Scott, I was quite happy both days, every race. Everyone who had something to do with our race team is a champion in my heart no matter what the finish results ended up.

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Just realized I didn't have any ski shots of race winner Greg Foster in the last post so...

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Still don't have the complete gallery posted on my website as I had hoped so here's a bunch more

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Scotty!!!
Thank you so much!!!

We need to get you out on a ski so we can see what kind of funny face you make at speed:D:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Scotty!!!
Thank you so much!!!

We need to get you out on a ski so we can see what kind of funny face you make at speed:D:p

Haha, thanks BJ. I'd be lucky to make one lap :lmao
Actually, every time Daren and I see Lori D she want's us to come out and train with her so we can ski grass roots. I've thought about doing it but it's a hell of a lot easier to hold a camera while standing still than it is to hold a ski rope at freeway speed.

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Scotty!!!
Thank you so much!!!

By the way, we missed you out there!

stryderphoto

Reaction score
After shooting an event like this I usually come back with two or three thousand images and that's usually after two days... I was only at the US Open on Sunday (didn't make it on Saturday) but ended up with over 3,800 photos on my computer when I finally pulled all of them off my cards, that's a lot of pic's to go through. Needless to say, it takes a while just to do the first pass to get rid of the obvious "non-keepers". After that it's all about putting together a selection of photos that are worthy of posting. Beyond that I like to have a little fun with some of the shots as is the case with this photo of Denny V and doing what he loves most... racing! .

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
After shooting an event like this I usually come back with two or three thousand images and that's usually after two days... I was only at the US Open on Sunday (didn't make it on Saturday) but ended up with over 3,800 photos on my computer when I finally pulled all of them off my cards, that's a lot of pic's to go through. Needless to say, it takes a while just to do the first pass to get rid of the obvious "non-keepers". After that it's all about putting together a selection of photos that are worthy of posting. Beyond that I like to have a little fun with some of the shots as is the case with this photo of Denny V and doing what he loves most... racing! .
Great to see you having fun too! Very cool arrangment and who sez you can't race on the beach anyway? Keep 'em coming bruudah!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Denny,

Scott and Darren are going to be skiing grassroots next year (or mocked by me extensively). You up to pull one of them at Parker?:D:p

stryderphoto

Reaction score
Denny,

Scott and Darren are going to be skiing grassroots next year (or mocked by me extensively). You up to pull one of them at Parker?:D:p

Damn... but that would mean I'd have to stop drinking craft beer and actually get into shape :grumble:

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Damn... but that would mean I'd have to stop drinking craft beer and actually get into shape :grumble:

Talk to Katelin about her Carb/beer philosophy. ;)