WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[SOLD] 2013 MERCEDES SPRINTER 3500 170XL ERA CLASSB RV LOADED...43K MILES

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Here it is, the king of the hill for class bB rv's full self contained, only 43k miles, 3.0 blue tech diesel, runs like a mouse in slippers....super clean, service records, all the books,
this is the X model with quad full adjustable, recline, spin, lumber, raise lower, this was a big add to the invoice,...seats look new and operate with out any problems... the back 2 are quick release is you want more room. aslo has a center table for entertaining or dining...all lighting is led, so battery life is gretly extended..

Bathroom.... has it all shower, sink and toilet,..with bi fold doors to keep hall room when open....it also has the black and grey tank macerator pump to ease tank clean out

Kitchen.. every thing you need , large counter with recessed propane stove, and stainless sink.. below you will find a micro wave and 3 way refrigerator

Bedroom,... this is a custom up grade, a full time modified King memory foam 70 x 80 bed, but, it also comes with the power sofa sleeper and cusions... great for sitting, horrible for sleeping, with the bed you have a huge storage area underneath, a place for everything...there is also a rear table set up under the bed..for us we opted for the full time bed that was always ready, or one could go lay down for a nap without all the work,windows have MCD black out shades with privacy tinted glass..

Comfort.... there's a brand new roof top coleman ac, suburban propane heater and roof vent...the dash ac is ice cold and will cool the whole coach when on the hiway

Entertainment... theres an in dash am/fm..dvd/ nav/gps and back up camera..
there's a jensen dvd suround sound radio dvd that plays tv through the coach speakers.. also a swivel 24'' led tv that can be viewed from front , rear and outside

Power.... there is 30 amp shore power, onan generator, and the up graded 2 coach battery system... the battery's are new,..

Chassis.... this is the 3500 xlt... 3.0 diesel dually,..new tires,and no service needed. She floats down the road with ease and will pull a 6% grade in high gear...people boast 22 mpg, put to be honest,

cruising 70-75 best I got was 18.5 mpg.. I get 14.5 towing our fiat 500, with all it loaded, I went across the scales at 8,900 lbs, way under the GVWR... the tires are new and no service needed...

reason for selling,... it's just Too big for what I wanna do, looking to trade for a smaller class.. B

NEW PRICE...$68,999... or like said, will trade.....

Last edited:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
IMG_1169[3846].jpg
IMG_1172[3861].jpg
IMG_1174[3859].jpg
IMG_1175[3854].jpg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
also, this is a it's gonna be sold, so be sure to make an offer, I might say ok,

boblins

Reaction score
Seems that your quest for the perfect RV is still on. After seeing so many pass through your driveway it might be time to think about custom building from the frame up to get what you want. On the other hand trying them all out and flipping them might be fun and sometimes profitable. For me its fun to watch.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Seems that your quest for the perfect RV is still on. After seeing so many pass through your driveway it might be time to think about custom building from the frame up to get what you want. On the other hand trying them all out and flipping them might be fun and sometimes profitable. For me its fun to watch.
thats kinda what I did,... I built out my express van...it has a queen bed in rear that makes into a dinette for two that you can get in and out of easy, I pre wired it with 30 amp shore power , 3 15 amp breakers... also a 2600 gen,..it has fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, george foreman grill..and a 9000 BTU roof ac, 300 watt solar, 3000 watt inverter, 200 amp hr agm gel coach battery (charges off solar ,shore, and alt) swivel LED/DVD tv, LED dimming puck ceiling lights,formica granite look counter tops, portable potty with cabinet, huge under bed storage box with flip down rear table, box holds 2 director folding chairs with side table, 2' x 3' dinner table,

propane grill, extra gen fuel (gen runs 10 hrs on 1 gal) + 3 extra gals, tools, jack and containers,..it has the 6.0 6 speed, gets 18+ MPG going from vegas to havasu, rated to tow 10k lbs, and has a 10k+ trailer hitch with brake controller, aluminum wheels, gps /nav/ in dash dvd player...pulls the pontoon with ease, only draw back is the low roof,... works for me just fine...going down the road I stay behind the wheel,,,

wife would like to keep the HI roof and full bath,,...but I can't see getting rid of my van when we also have a full wall slde 30' rv with a full bath and king bed..

I went to mercedes to see about buying a new crew van 144 wb...they cost bare more than I want for the era I have..... to do over I would just put a conversion top on a n express van..when I satarted this deal, I looked at camperizing an express coversion van, they want stupid money for those...most don't have the 6.0 motor and have a gang of miles...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It's not about the money, it's about my frugal mentallity (cheep fuc) I just can't write the check for $189k for a camper van, or 129k for a used one with 120k miles...they want stupid money for them... but they sell and you see them every where... but... I think most are 70 yr old people with 30 yr loans..with death insurance..

DSC05044.JPG
DSC05045.JPG
DSC05046.JPG
DSC05047.JPG
DSC05048.JPG
DSC05049.JPG
DSC05050.JPG
DSC05051.JPG
DSC05052.JPG
DSC05053.JPG
DSC05057.JPG
DSC05058.JPG
DSC05059.JPG
DSC05060.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as far as the sprinter, I spend over a week solid, detailing, doing repairs, mods and de-rattling every thing, but there is still one gremlin....the power roof fan has no power at the fan, and i can't find the fuse... I need to go to the shop and use a power probe, and wire tracer to see where the power wire goes,... but other than that,....every thing works a s should...gonna try to fix that today... was gonna fix it yesterday but ended up on a 12 hr video poker marathon at the bar....today, one plan is to hook up to the pontoon and go across the scales at the truck stop...it weighs 8900 as is loaded..so we will see, both how well it tows the toon, and how much the toon weighs..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Here you go.... this is how to find out what and how much you can tow, first.... load the coach to how you will travel... and go get it weighed

here's mine loaded...this is with out the tri toon, it's 24' but on a triple axel , so a little heaver by at least 500 lbs i would think, that and it has the bigger frame...
DSC05091.JPG
DSC05098.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
next, find the spec for your chassis and coach...as you can see...

front...4,410 lbs... weighted 3640 lbs...so under by about 800 lbs...

rear ...7740 lbs ... weighed 5320lbs,... so under about 2400 lbs...

total.. 11,030 lbs...weighed 8960lbs,.. so under by 2,070 lbs...

so this means that I could load another 2,070 lbs and still be at weight...

DSC05095.JPG
DSC05096.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
now hook up what you are gonna tow and re weigh the coach....while towing to the scales , I was surprised at how well it did, not gonna say that you don't know it's back there, but, it towed the 24' tri toon with ease,.. set the cruise at 65 and it stayed in hi gear all the way, stopped easy with the disc trailer and tracked very well,

DSC05094.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
well I gotta say this about the sprinter,... super impressed,... I see these going down the road going 40 mph up hills,.... towing the tritoon up a 6% grade I never went under 55 mph,....could have gone a lot faster, may be 62 but dropped a gear and slowed down the rpms...

as far a weight,... I call it perfect,...15,060 on a 15,250 chassis,... not bad for a wild guess...but again Ill say this,.. it does it with ease...

DSC05099.JPG

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
no comments or Questions?????.... I'm kinna torn re tween the two,,, I really like the van,,, and wife really likes the sprinter.... the sprinter is too much when we already have a big rv...what to do??? both tow the tri toon with ease.....but the van will tow 10k... both get the same MPG, and both fit in a store parking spot....sprinter has a full bath..(which I'll probley never use, othe than the toilet... but the sink with water will be nice...the other thing is I know I'll never get as nice of one of these under 100k

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Trust me, im watching this thread intently.
I can answer questions, the sprinter is pretty impressive... a few things I forgot to add, the gen has a new custom exhaust...the tv has a powered omni directional antenna, my house gets 60 channels and the sprinter gets 82..also, it has the out door shower that has a quick connect hose..

PaPaG

Reaction score
Steve, I totally regret not buying the one I was looking at last year.......CRAP CRAP CRAP!, these things are great for short trips, over nighters, emergencies, even long trips across country and back with stops at hotels every few nights....good luck with the sale...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve, I totally regret not buying the one I was looking at last year.......CRAP CRAP CRAP!, these things are great for short trips, over nighters, emergencies, even long trips across country and back with stops at hotels every few nights....good luck with the sale...
yeah, I'm kinda torn between the two, the sprinter is gonna be perfect to go back and forth to havasu, but so is the van,...for me, I'm behind the wheel so both the same..for my wife, she gets up and runs around so the sprinter high roof works better, I would think that I should sell one and keep the other, but,,,, I can't seem to make up my mind... they both tow the boat well, the camper van will tow more.... that and the van is alittle more on the stealth side and can park anywhere and not draw attention...both get the same mpg...up hills the sprinter is more quiet running...and has a bath room

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is the size I thought I bought,...Mercedes actually makes a 144" wb with dually rear, and with the 3.0 diesel.....this one is the normal one you will find, single wheel rear, and 4 cyl motor,

1603108935423.png

this would be perfect for me, but no tow capasity, and not a dually,.... the guy I bought mine from said it was 17'

HBCraig

Reaction score
Steve

How does this 3 liter diesel run or tow? Always been curious. Cool setup by the way

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Steve

How does this 3 liter diesel run or tow? Always been curious. Cool setup by the way
It runs like a mouse in slippers,tows the 24' tri toon with ease... this one is the 3500 xl... really quiet down the free way,

boatnam2

Reaction score
I got a question, when you say to help to clean out the shitter, been watching lots of van blogs and they all have the shitter you remove and empty. Does this have that or just the normal hose hook up?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I got a question, when you say to help to clean out the shitter, been watching lots of van blogs and they all have the shitter you remove and empty. Does this have that or just the normal hose hook up?
was this a quote??? i don't understand the question , or if about the chevy, or the sprinter

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Does the Sprinter have a holding tank or does it use a cassette type potty?

boatnam2

Reaction score
was this a quote??? i don't understand the question , or if about the chevy, or the sprinter
On the sprinter?

Bathroom.... has it all shower, sink and toilet,..with bi fold doors to keep hall room when open....it also has the black and grey tank macerator pump to ease tank clean out

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Does the Sprinter have a holding tank or does it use a cassette type potty?
black and grey holding tanks, and has the maceraaator pump like the high end pushers,,, basicly all it does is grinds every thing up and pumps it out,... I think cabin boats do it the same way...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the cool thing with the macerator you don't have the big hose to clean and store, there's a black, and a gray knife , but it doesen't have the big plumbing hanging down, the hose is small with a ball valve

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
here's a video I found on you tube, everything is the same except the dash, mine has the carbon fiber...

Mikes56

Reaction score
I've got a buddy that is looking for something like this. Please PM me your phone number. I just sent him the pictures.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
PENDING...It's supposed to be gone by 10 am today, buyer is on the road to vegas...,I did lower the price to 66,999. aand the offer was real close to asking, cash at wells fargo bank....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
PENDING...It's supposed to be gone by 10 am today, buyer is on the road to vegas...,I did lower the price to 66,999. aand the offer was real close to asking, cash at wells fargo bank....
well, did the inspection by the friend, yesterday, people call say they have a guy in vegas that they want to do an inspection, and he would give me a call to set up a time....OK,... guy calls, say he can be there at 3pm... ok.. we give him the address...its about 12:15 pm... so it's my birthday.... so my wife wants to take me to the bar for lunch, beers and video poker...we go to Shucks,.. order food sue gets a coke, and I get a beer..load up the machine with credits,.. and start playing...bamm... I'm up a couple hundy, food comes.. sucking down a cold one.... life is good...half way through my food and the phone rings,

it's the inspector, hey I'm at your house...were at lunch, can you come back at 3pm.. no , I'll be busy, can I open the gate and go look at the rv.... ah no....we have dogs and I don't want any one in my yard with out me... well how soon can you get here..... were at lunch... and drinking beer..... well I guess I'll just have to wait in my car...

Soooo,... wtf... lets go get this done.. guy looks over every thing... has me keep starting everything and showing that every thing works...he calls the people and does a face time.. show every thing...

so I talk to the buyer,...the guy has 200 bucks to leave a deposit,... and the buyer says he would be at my house at 10 am the next day... so I say,... I don't need the 200,.. if he doesn't show, or if he doesn't buy it no problem, I'll sell it to some one else...

so this morning we get up, I say let's go to breakfast, they have really good food at shucks, and I get comp'd...while eating and gambling.. I say to sue... it's 7:30... I'll bet you this guy is at our house.. and we leave.. get home... sure as shit... they are there walking around my front yard... so the game starts,..

repeat of yesterday... going over the same school of every thing and how it works...satisfied,.. we go on a test ride...rv needs fuel, so I say,... it gonna come with a full tank of fuel...

all is good so we go to the bank....So we get to the teller and we both have accounts at wellss fargo... the buyer says, I wanna transfer this amount to his account,.. I give my ID and account #...so the teller ask's the buyer.... why are you giving him money???? and whats he giving you??? I'm buying his vech....teller says.... thats a lot of money... I would advise you to not pay cash, but to give him a check...

AHHHHHH whoa there.....the vech goes no where till the funds clear... the tellers says well, you just have to wait till it clears... i say then it anit going anywhere... so the manager comes over,... whats the problem,,, first, the bank will put a hold on my account...and they could reverse the money,...

bank managers says... there won't be a hold,... yeah right... I just did that and on line they put a hold, and when I called,.. they said who ever told me that was wrong...so... deals out the window...

the guy that wanted to buy it was bummed....so I cave, they show me on line the deposit with no hold and I'll go ahead with the deal, guy sends his wife back in, takes my id,... comes back out and the banks wants her to verify the VIN on the title... ah ... ok vin checks out...she's in there awhile,... she calls a financial adviser at wells fargo ... the teller and the manager tells here its to much money to give a private party for a 2013 rv... and the finance adviser tells her the same... she comes out crying and says sorry, the bank says not to do the deal......wtf...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
SOOOOOO, lol still for sell...good lord I love dealing with selling shit...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The peeps seemed really though,..they are part of the lower river junkies and have a place at lake martinese...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
well, did the inspection by the friend, yesterday, people call say they have a guy in vegas that they want to do an inspection, and he would give me a call to set up a time....OK,... guy calls, say he can be there at 3pm... ok.. we give him the address...its about 12:15 pm... so it's my birthday.... so my wife wants to take me to the bar for lunch, beers and video poker...we go to Shucks,.. order food sue gets a coke, and I get a beer..load up the machine with credits,.. and start playing...bamm... I'm up a couple hundy, food comes.. sucking down a cold one.... life is good...half way through my food and the phone rings,

it's the inspector, hey I'm at your house...were at lunch, can you come back at 3pm.. no , I'll be busy, can I open the gate and go look at the rv.... ah no....we have dogs and I don't want any one in my yard with out me... well how soon can you get here..... were at lunch... and drinking beer..... well I guess I'll just have to wait in my car...

Soooo,... wtf... lets go get this done.. guy looks over every thing... has me keep starting everything and showing that every thing works...he calls the people and does a face time.. show every thing...

so I talk to the buyer,...the guy has 200 bucks to leave a deposit,... and the buyer says he would be at my house at 10 am the next day... so I say,... I don't need the 200,.. if he doesn't show, or if he doesn't buy it no problem, I'll sell it to some one else...

so this morning we get up, I say let's go to breakfast, they have really good food at shucks, and I get comp'd...while eating and gambling.. I say to sue... it's 7:30... I'll bet you this guy is at our house.. and we leave.. get home... sure as shit... they are there walking around my front yard... so the game starts,..

repeat of yesterday... going over the same school of every thing and how it works...satisfied,.. we go on a test ride...rv needs fuel, so I say,... it gonna come with a full tank of fuel...

all is good so we go to the bank....So we get to the teller and we both have accounts at wellss fargo... the buyer says, I wanna transfer this amount to his account,.. I give my ID and account #...so the teller ask's the buyer.... why are you giving him money???? and whats he giving you??? I'm buying his vech....teller says.... thats a lot of money... I would advise you to not pay cash, but to give him a check...

AHHHHHH whoa there.....the vech goes no where till the funds clear... the tellers says well, you just have to wait till it clears... i say then it anit going anywhere... so the manager comes over,... whats the problem,,, first, the bank will put a hold on my account...and they could reverse the money,...

bank managers says... there won't be a hold,... yeah right... I just did that and on line they put a hold, and when I called,.. they said who ever told me that was wrong...so... deals out the window...

the guy that wanted to buy it was bummed....so I cave, they show me on line the deposit with no hold and I'll go ahead with the deal, guy sends his wife back in, takes my id,... comes back out and the banks wants her to verify the VIN on the title... ah ... ok vin checks out...she's in there awhile,... she calls a financial adviser at wells fargo ... the teller and the manager tells here its to much money to give a private party for a 2013 rv... and the finance adviser tells her the same... she comes out crying and says sorry, the bank says not to do the deal......wtf...

ERROR #1 - Asking your financial advisor if you should buy an RV

ERROR #2 - being surprised by his response

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
ERROR #1 - Asking your financial advisor if you should buy an RV

ERROR #2 - being surprised by his response
I think this is how it went, the wife wanted to back out and not buy a rv....husband wanted it, and she didn't..I really don't care about that part... you can chage your mind...I spent a lot of time with these people, but at the end of the day, it's still their call.....if you don't want it... don't buy it, if you are interested... go look..I've actually never had a deal go far as this... tranfering the money, and backing out...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I think this is how it went, the wife wanted to back out and not buy a rv....husband wanted it, and she didn't..I really don't care about that part... you can chage your mind...I spent a lot of time with these people, but at the end of the day, it's still their call.....if you don't want it... don't buy it, if you are interested... go look..I've actually never had a deal go far as this... tranfering the money, and backing out...
Yep, the wife found an "out".
My friend wanted to get a boat, he was shopping and I was helping him with research and checking out potential boats. His wife started asking questions about storage costs, maintanance costs, how ofter I really "use" MY boat, how much have I spent in last 5 years on repairs...etc. Then she starts sending me articles about the expenses of boating. I told my buddy hes FUCT

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yep, the wife found an "out".
My friend wanted to get a boat, he was shopping and I was helping him with research and checking out potential boats. His wife started asking questions about storage costs, maintanance costs, how ofter I really "use" MY boat, how much have I spent in last 5 years on repairs...etc. Then she starts sending me articles about the expenses of boating. I told my buddy hes FUCT
I understand the deal, like I said from the get go, he seemed to be try'n to sell her on the deal, when we got to the bank it was a slam dunk deal... spent 2 days and multible phone calls..covid blew the deal...when we got to the bank, we only had 2 face masks, she told him to go in and she would wait....he wanted to stay out in the rv and mess with stuff...as soon as the teller started telling her how big of a risk it is buying private party....I knew we were done, you could see it in her eyes...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as it is right now, I have multiple deals going, most are trying to get finacing...seems like a waist of time on both sides.. going through all the hoops only to find out it was sold...I'm willing to help out, but not gonna lie..someone comes look at it, puts a deposit, I'll hold it till the funds clear.. I always say the first lie in car deals is "I GOT A GUY", LOL..But, I really got a few , last night, spent a bout an hour on the phone, 3 way call with buyer, loan officer, and my self..said he would have a final decission last night and they would fed ex a check to the buyer on monday... So guess it's a "PENDING" sale right now...