WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2015 Ca Renewal Stickers

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
These should look good on a blue boat...:thumbdown:
And wtf is up with the Mussel sticker? Should I even bother putting it on since I only boat on the Parker Strip and Havasu?
qe3ydeqa.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384218626033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384218626033.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 79

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Just keep the muscle sticker somewhere in the boat or if you're asked you could show them. I like the stupid carbon monoxide stickers this out registration.

Singleton

Reaction score
Crap. My boat is blue as well where the reg sticker goes.
I will install the new reg sticker, but the other one is going in the boat bag and will not be on the side of the boat.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I love how they are now making money off the muscles.. And none of the money will go towards getting rid of the muscles.. Lol

You're not surprise are you?

Or the fact that the muscle fee was paid, I dint it was an option so why the need for a sticker.

Hammer

Reaction score
You're not surprise are you?

Or the fact that the muscle fee was paid, I dint it was an option so why the need for a sticker.

You would think they would incorporate the mussel sticker deal into the registration sticker. Maybe the mussel sticker goes on the trailer ? That wouldn't make sense though because trailer registration is separate from the boat.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I plan to put the sticker on the boat.........then the mussels will know that they are NOT to attach themselves to my boat as the sticker clearly shows that I have paid my fees to have them stay away.

They will have a field day with all of your boats with the stickers in the glove compartment.............how's the mussels gonna see it tucked away in there?

:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You realize the cycle of colors on the sticker repeats like every 4 years. Colors also align with the annual car plate stickers.

From my POS T-mobile thingie

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I plan to put the sticker on the boat.........then the mussels will know that they are NOT to attach themselves to my boat as the sticker clearly shows that I have paid my fees to have them stay away.

They will have a field day with all of your boats with the stickers in the glove compartment.............how's the mussels gonna see it tucked away in there?

:D

So the illegal muscles actually leaned to read our native tongue? I guess they aren't too bad unlike some other immigrants.

Reaction score
It should be ok to stick one mussel sticker on one side of the boat, and the registration on the other side.:thumbup:

The other decals are spares, and should be used on your buddy's boat of the same make and model....you know, to save money.:rolleyes

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Like said, they should have incorporated it into the other sticker. Also, the sticker makes one think the fee is optional. If everyone has to pay than why the sticker. Stupid government.

BamBam

Reaction score
Like said, they should have incorporated it into the other sticker. Also, the sticker makes one think the fee is optional. If everyone has to pay than why the sticker. Stupid government.

The way I understand it, the fee is only paid by those who operate in waters other than the ocean. If you only operate in the ocean you don't pay the fee at Reg. time.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Both California and Nevada passed laws making the 'mussel' fee mandatory starting January 1, 2014. Several other western states adopted the fee/sticker idea earlier. Arizona has not passed the law as yet. The fees collected are suppose to help offset the cost of boat/trailer inspections at border agriculture stations and new equipment for decontamination stations. Unfortunately this isn't a joke -- this could be a long and regulation-laden challenge for recreational boating in the years to come. We've just scratched the surface of what could be coming in the future.

charlyox

Reaction score
I would put them on as directed. Why give the LEOS a reason to pull you over?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I love how they are now making money off the muscles.. And none of the money will go towards getting rid of the muscles.. Lol
]

What do you think those 5 tanker trucks of chlorine a day to Parker damn via Earp are paid for by? :D

Side note: amazing how much clearer the water is in Parker when you dive down off a boat than Havi these days...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
If people don't put them on, I'll bet DMV goes the CARB way of ONE foot long sticker with all the info., like all construction equipment in Ca......Niicce:thumbsdown

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
]
What do you think those 5 tanker trucks of chlorine a day to Parker damn via Earp are paid for by? :D
Side note: amazing how much clearer the water is in Parker when you dive down off a boat than Havi these days...

MWD rate payers is footing the bill for the bleach for the Colorado River Aquaduct.
If a single mussel is found in any of the State reservoirs, you can bet the mussel sticker "fee" will go through the roof :thumbsdown

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Too many taxes here in Ca, i'm trying to think of what they're going to come up with next.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
California boaters aren't the only ones struggling with the invasive species mess -- here's the latest from Texas.

New rules in Texas seek to prevent invasive species spread.....

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission approved a rule requiring anyone leaving or approaching public waters in 17 north Texas counties to drain their boats to prevent the further spread of invasive zebra mussels and is proposing that 28 additional north and central Texas counties be added to the mandate. As a result of the rule, live fish could not be transported in water that comes from the water body where they were caught, which could affect off-site tournament weigh-ins, according to Water News of Texas. Personally caught live bait could be used only in the water where it was caught.

Anglers would be allowed to transport and use commercially purchased live bait in water, provided they have a receipt that identifies the source of the bait. Any live bait in water purchased from a location on or adjacent to a public water body could only be used as bait on that water body. Anglers and boaters leaving or approaching public water will be required to take all reasonable steps to drain all water from their vessel, including live wells, bilges, motors and any other receptacles or water intake systems that resulted from contact with public water.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Both California and Nevada passed laws making the 'mussel' fee mandatory starting January 1, 2014. Several other western states adopted the fee/sticker idea earlier. Arizona has not passed the law as yet. The fees collected are suppose to help offset the cost of boat/trailer inspections at border agriculture stations and new equipment for decontamination stations. Unfortunately this isn't a joke -- this could be a long and regulation-laden challenge for recreational boating in the years to come. We've just scratched the surface of what could be coming in the future.

Back in May Nevada stated that Arizona registered vessels are exempt from the purchase of NV?s Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Decal for the interstate waters of Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and the lower Colorado River. As are California registered vessels are exempt from the purchase of Nevada?s AIS decal for the interstate waters of Lake Tahoe and Topaz Lake.

Reaction score
Back in May Nevada stated that Arizona registered vessels are exempt from the purchase of NV?s Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Decal for the interstate waters of Lake Mead, Lake Mohave and the lower Colorado River. As are California registered vessels are exempt from the purchase of Nevada?s AIS decal for the interstate waters of Lake Tahoe and Topaz Lake.

interesting....Does this mean, if I want to take my boat to California, I have to purchase an out of state mussel sticker?;)

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
interesting....Does this mean, if I want to take my boat to California, I have to purchase an out of state mussel sticker?;)

It depends...

If your boat is registered in AZ, and you go Lake Mead, Lake Mohave or Colorado River (Laughlin/Bullhead down to the Avi/Ft Mohave) then you are exempt from NV's AIS. However if you take your AZ reg'd boat to Tahoe, then you would be required to purchase the NV decal.

CA currently does not have a Mussel Fee $ticker (MFS) requirement for vessels registered in another state. But CA reg'd vessels are required to display the MFS when operating on CA interstate waters, Lake Tahoe, Needles/Mohave Valley, Lake Havasu, Parker, Blythe and so on down the river.

All that said my 18' Hallett which is registered in CA (its cheaper even with the taxes), which i use 99% at lake mead, NV says I have to buy their Non-Resident AIS decal, but CA says I only have to display the MFS when operating within the state.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Guaranteed they will use it for a reason to stop you if you don't display it. Just another way to add revenue to dump into the general fund that goes to paying pensions.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If you have Ca. registration stickers then one would logically assume you paid the mandatory mussel fee.....well except the LEO's looking for more state revenue:p:)
I predict it won't take long before the sticker issue is less about the mussels than income.:(