WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 Ram 2500 factory air suspension

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
Anyone else have problems with theirs? Dealership is trying to charge $1900 for a new compressor? Only 42k miles on the truck.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Didn’t it come w bumper to bumper warranty to 5 years or 100k miles. Why would they be charging you anything?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I can’t believe that’s not covered under warranty...unless coverage ended at 36k miles?

If so, I wonder if possible to plumb an aftermarket compressor into it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Your not that far over the warranty. F that, go in and talk to service manager or someone, at minimum they should cover part of the costs.
Seems excessive labor, the compressor alone from dealership is only 750 what else are they replacing?

My trans solenoid went out at 105k and dealer ate it for me. Was beyond actual warranty of vehicle so they can do it. Just don’t be the nice guy when they say bend over. Sometimes they’ll fuck the next guy (right now you ) or at least lube you up so it doesn’t hurt so much, lol

Either way no, haven’t heard of issues, good luck

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Your not that far over the warranty. F that, go in and talk to service manager or someone, at minimum they should cover part of the costs.
Seems excessive labor, the compressor alone from dealership is only 750 what else are they replacing?

My trans solenoid went out at 105k and dealer ate it for me. Was beyond actual warranty of vehicle so they can do it. Just don’t be the nice guy when they say bend over. Sometimes they’ll fuck the next guy (right now you ) or at least lube you up so it doesn’t hurt so much, lol

Either way no, haven’t heard of issues, good luck

That’s good advise.
If this deal ain’t done yet, consider telling them you’ll buy an extended warranty (which is very profitable for them) if they eat the repair cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
If all else fails and you want to swap to coils, I'll have a set available from my rig in about a month when I swap to thuren coils.

Anarchy Powerboats

Reaction score
They goodwilled the air compressor but I still had 900 in other stuff. 3k for an additional 3yrs/45k. I am going to try and negotiate that down as well.

Thanks for the offer of the springs but there is no going back, Im spoiled with the air ride.