WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 SCORE Baja 500

JRS1939

Reaction score
Let's go! Prerun tomorrow am, tech and contingency on Friday, then it's go time Saturday!

uploadfromtaptalk1464847539371.jpg

Strabo

Reaction score
I so dig it, I'm all about team racing and the logistics part.

So Badass. I enjoyed my part of the team, wish I still had a team, Red Belly Racing!!!!

RIP Mr Nibz......:)

yz450mm

Reaction score
I so dig it, I'm all about team racing and the logistics part.

So Badass. I enjoyed my part of the team, wish I still had a team, Red Belly Racing!!!!

RIP Mr Nibz......:)
1018 will be ready soon...

JRS1939

Reaction score
HOT! But fun day prerunning! Course is going to be fast fast fast!

uploadfromtaptalk1464916879773.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1464916982173.jpg

GET SOME

Reaction score
I thought you were with the coginto team. Need help pitting for the 1000?

JRS1939

Reaction score
I thought you were with the coginto team. Need help pitting for the 1000?
I spent the last 5 years with them but have now moved on and am looking forward to the future. Still very good friends with much of the team....

I can't answer on the 1000 yet as its too far away but can say that nobody ever has enough help in Baja.

GET SOME

Reaction score
I spent the last 5 years with them but have now moved on and am looking forward to the future. Still very good friends with much of the team....

I can't answer on the 1000 yet as its too far away but can say that nobody ever has enough help in Baja.

Pm sent

parker ed

Reaction score
From what i'm hearing Robby qualified 1st. It's a shame he cant keep his stuff together for an entire race.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
From what i'm hearing Robby qualified 1st. It's a shame he cant keep his stuff together for an entire race.

1. Robbie Gordon
2. Menzies
3. Apdaly Lopez
4. Rob Mac
5. Matney
6. Luke Mcmillin
7. Andy Mcmillin
8. Parkhouse - class 1

GET SOME

Reaction score
1. Robbie Gordon
2. Menzies
3. Apdaly Lopez
4. Rob Mac
5. Matney
6. Luke Mcmillin
7. Andy Mcmillin
8. Parkhouse - class 1

Thank you! Luke over Andy in the new TSCO truck

Chopperman

Reaction score
I've got a good friend down there right now with the Parkhouse crew. Seems like they were having a good time.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin, I meant to ask you why I saw you in the Jagged truck at Laughlin. Congrats on the move, the Jagged guys are good peeps it seems :thumbsup Best of luck to you and everyone racing today!

BMABITY

Reaction score
Sounds like the 500 is not off to a good start! :(:(:(

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score

It is my understanding they never want to qualify for 1st. I always watch interviews that they claim to sandbag it in hopes of 10th-ish on purpose. I never understood this strategy though.

Backlash

Reaction score
When you're "THAT" good, you don't need to see where you're going. :D

Hammer down and letter rip!

yz450mm

Reaction score
Sounds like the 500 is not off to a good start! :(:(:(
TT blew a turn in the wash, 2 injured. No confirmation on fatality or not.

Standing on the outside of a turn at any type of racing event is probably the dumbest thing a person can do.

yz450mm

Reaction score
When you're "THAT" good, you don't need to see where you're going. :D

Hammer down and letter rip!
My biggest fear while driving the racecar is that we get stuck/disabled on the course, and some dumbass doing just that nails us at speed.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest fear while driving the racecar is that we get stuck/disabled on the course, and some dumbass doing just that nails us at speed.

Driving hard through the dust is just asking for a disaster. We had an overzealous driver almost kill himself and our co-driver by trying to be a hero at RM 100 of a 1275 mile race.

thmterry

Reaction score
The race as been stopped due to injuries, not sure when it will start again.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
How would they stop a race that began at 5:30 a.m.?

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

They will hold the remaining starters until the course is clear. The race is scored on adjusted time not physical anyway so whoever has the best time wins.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I'd assume they will let the quads and bikes finish, since everyone in their class got to start before the crash. Just a guess though...

GET SOME

Reaction score
Weatherman reported there was a fatalities race is stopped until further notice. A lot of riders are getting heatstroke due to the hot weather conditions.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
All the bikes are going through the San Felipe loop in the heat of the day. That is pretty rough.

Sounds like Roger is going to stop all the bikes and quads and checkpoint 4 so that the late starting trucks don't run into returning race traffic where the course joins. That's going to be a scoring nightmare...

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Listening to weatherman is unreal. Talk about a stressful gig. Riders are out everywhere. Total heat exhaustion taking over.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Yep. Stopping all bikes and quads to restart the times at checkpoint 4.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
This is from JoeyD of UTVUnderground.com

I can't believe what we watched at the wash. So tragic. TT75 blew the corner entering the wash. He tried to throttle out to get back into the course as he slid down the embankment. As he approached the marsh he impacted at least 2 individuals one being a young girl. It's possible they were American as we heard what looked like the mom also injured screaming in English but she did look Spanish. I refused to watch anything once I saw another American spectator begin to perform CPR. They worked on her for at least 10 min before the ambulance arrived. When it did get there what looked to be a minister was praying over her. The mom or whoever the other injured person was had a severe leg injury of some sort. She was clearly in shock. My heart hurt as I watched them do CPR on that little girl. I wanted to hug my kids. The race has been stopped for over an hour thus far. Rumor at the bridge was maybe a 2 hour delay per score officials?? However I also heard that at the drivers meeting they made it clear that there would be no extension of time for finish regardless of delays due to an election or something taking place tomorrow. They have to clear the start finish line for this event. Anyway, I'm going to head to the desert and pray for that little girl and her family as well as the driver and co driver who when I left 15 min ago was still down there. This was a racing incident and had people not been on the outside of that infamously sketchy corner this wouldn't have happened.

Such a sad and avoidable thing. Prayers for all involved :(

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like 6x is critical. Trying to get a doctor and helo to him. Not good. temps up to 114 in the low desert areas. This race isn't going good at all.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Sounds like 6x is critical. Trying to get a doctor and helo to him. Not good. temps up to 114 in the low desert areas. This race isn't going good at all.

Can you believe the ambulance is refusing to move him and just sitting there vs getting on a roll to some help. Talk about a prolonged shitty situation.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you believe the ambulance is refusing to move him and just sitting there vs getting on a roll to some help. Talk about a prolonged shitty situation.

The spot he is in isn't an easy place to exfil someone from. Many of these areas would take more time to transport by ambo then to wait for the helo. That is a bad area to have a problem. The team I work for always has a qualified medic on the helo with necessary supplies. We've landed to help in situations like this several times and in most cases it would take hours to get there by land.

Sounds like the helo is 15 min out. From there it's a 10 min flight to the airfield at SF where it sounds like a fixed wing aircraft will transport him to a hospital.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
This video shows the section that 6x is down in. It's a tough spot to transport someone. Especially if they are in critical condition.

[video=youtube_https;_4MjFEnmRQg]https://youtu.be/_4MjFEnmRQg[/video]

l84theriv

Reaction score
Wow.....it sounds like a shit show right now with trying to get to 301X. Thanks PT for all the insight

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.....it sounds like a shit show right now with trying to get to 301X. Thanks PT for all the insight

Yeah it sounds like a mess out there. Hopefully all these riders are able to get some relief and have the sense to abandon the race if need be. 114 degrees on a bike in full gear is no joke. People have died in these conditions before.

Chopperman

Reaction score
Been listening for an hour or so, sounds like a big mess. The heat is no joke down there.

l84theriv

Reaction score
Racer in the Helo does not sound like he is in good condition. Praying for him.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
This video shows the section that 6x is down in. It's a tough spot to transport someone. Especially if they are in critical condition.

I just looked it up on google earth. I have been in that area many times. Not in this weather though. That's on our route to the Guadalupe Hot spring ride we do annually with the Matlocks. Definitely not an area for an ambulance.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
It is my understanding they never want to qualify for 1st. I always watch interviews that they claim to sandbag it in hopes of 10th-ish on purpose. I never understood this strategy though.

Friend of mine drew a really late start one year. All the guys up front cleared the course of "obstacles" and there was a bad pile up. By the time he got there the pile up had cleared. He was always movin while they were parked.