WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2016 Yamaha SXS.....

jesco

Reaction score
A little IG release shows a new SXS by Yamaha... No pics of the actual vehicle, just a short clip of it leaving what looks like a RZR 1K "in the dust" hahaha. One of the rumors floating around is (3) cylinder with paddle shifter... Anybody else see/hear anything. They have been sitting idle for a while, could be a game changer...

https://instagram.com/p/3iLsRGB57B/

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
A little IG release shows a new SXS by Yamaha... No pics of the actual vehicle, just a short clip of it leaving what looks like a RZR 1K "in the dust" hahaha. One of the rumors floating around is (3) cylinder with paddle shifter... Anybody else see/hear anything. They have been sitting idle for a while, could be a game changer...

https://instagram.com/p/3iLsRGB57B/

Haven't they been working with Artic cat on things?

Maybe an artic cat frame/suspension with big Yamaha power?

There are a lot of guys that would walk from the XP1000 in a heart beat if yamaha made something as good or better......interesting to see what they drop in september

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looking forward to this. I loved my old rhino. Just wished it was a little faster.

jesco

Reaction score
If they played this right, Polaris could take a hit for sure. A know a few guys, including me, that would jump ship from Polaris to Yamaha.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Not a great teaser vid. They can do way better than that.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
images.jpg

wishiknew

Reaction score
If its more than 1000 cc then it is considered a car And all the regs that go with a car

TheKeysLife

Reaction score
Not holding my breath on that! Yamaha just can't pull it together Polaris has the market!!!

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Yamaha and Arctic Cat have spent some time talking and working on some things.... There is a lot going on in the SxS world right now. There will be some amazing releases in the next two years!

Chris
Devious PowerSports

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That Yamaha rumor has been in circulation for a couple years now.
The SxS market will pop with some interesting vehicles if the competition stays strong.

Can Am up'd their turbo HP to 131 and no one is interested. Still on the clunky chassis/suspension.

The 1000cc law is purely a fairy tale.
It's by agreement between the MFG's.
It's been debated in the Rzr forums and no one has produced any proof it's any different other than MFG agreement.

This fall we may seen some improvements,, no real evidence that anything is coming from anyone.

jesco

Reaction score
This fall we may seen some improvements,, no real evidence that anything is coming from anyone.[/QUOTE]

I think the video I linked is evidence enough that Yamaha is coming out with something new.....One of my good friends lives across the street from a guy that works at Yamaha in R&D and he asked him what the deal was... He told him "I can't say a word"... My buddy laughed and asked some more questions and got nowhere and said "so it's true"... And again "I can't say a word, guess you'll see in Sept....." Whether it's as good or better then a rzr 1k, who knows, but I believe something is coming in Sept. Also, rumors floating around that the RZR1Ks will have a turbo like the CanAm. By the recent price drops and low financing programs in place it looks like that could be true, they are really trying to get rid of stock for some reason. They did the same thing when I bought my 900, a few months later the 1k came out!!!!! After being told the changes will probably be "minor" when I asked if something new was coming. I'm in the market for a new sxs, so I'm gonna sit back and see what unfolds in Sept with Yamaha and Polaris.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I was looking at the cam am 1000 this past weekend but I'll guess I'll wait and see what Yamaha brings to the market.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If it's a steamer I'm in.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The new Yamaha sport will be the YXZSS.

jesco

Reaction score
https://instagram.com/p/5sA8W9KTcZ/

Yamaha released another video today. If you click on it fast it will stop every few seconds, I stopped it right on the pic of the exhaust manifold (or what looks to be) and it is a 3 cylinder from what I can tell...

Pic loaded sideways... sorry

Attachments

• yamaha .jpg
    yamaha .jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 177

cnj

Reaction score
Yep, there is a clearer shot of this on a RZR site, and it clearly is a triple cylinder. Can't wait.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Here's an even clearer shot posted as a teaser on Instagram. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438189382.111225.jpg

thmterry

Reaction score
A friend in the industry just said " Yamaha may have some tricks up their sleeve clutching/tranny wise and the engine will be around 130hp"

cnj

Reaction score
Lil more info: CARB info says ~112 HP, 998cc triple cyl w/5 speed trans. There is a pic on Glamis Dunes.....

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Lil more info: CARB info says ~112 HP, 998cc triple cyl w/5 speed trans. There is a pic on Glamis Dunes.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440003218.856411.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440003226.743553.jpg

Looks to be some pictures sneaking out.

I'm not sure about the quad rear fenders.

Be interesting to see what the suspension is capable of. I imagine it will run pretty good with that hp and a 5 speed vs a cvt. I don't think it's going to be a world beater but should be quick.

I wouldn't even take a guess at pricing.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
IMG_0330.jpg

I'm sure more pictures will be circulating soon. Going to be a lot of sxs on the used market!

HavaToon

Reaction score
The pic above^ makes it look like it will have A arm rear suspension.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
I'm thinking its a 60" wide model to compete with the Wildcat Sport and RZR 900S

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
The pic above^ makes it look like it will have A arm rear suspension.

Looks like a trailing arm set up to me.

http://sxsblog.com/

I think it has the potential to be a very cool machine. I think its going to be closer to a XP900 in size/weight/suspension but with more power.

The manual transmission is very interesting.

Can't wait to see the full spec and detailed when launched. I'm going to guess $18,500-19,000 for price:D

HavaToon

Reaction score
I hope it is trailing arms, the shock placement and angle threw me off.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Looks like a trailing arm set up to me.

http://sxsblog.com/

I think it has the potential to be a very cool machine. I think its going to be closer to a XP900 in size/weight/suspension but with more power.

The manual transmission is very interesting.

Can't wait to see the full spec and detailed when launched. I'm going to guess $18,500-19,000 for price:D

The takes are now that the Yamahas driveline set up will give it more net power to the wheels than the new Rzr XP.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The takes are now that the Yamahas driveline set up will give it more net power to the wheels than the new Rzr XP.

Yeah those CVT's sucked a ton of power.
Hard to believe it took this long for a company to ditch it.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yeah those CVT's sucked a ton of power.
Hard to believe it took this long for a company to ditch it.

Yep. Never liked the give it gas and steer it shit.

Nothing like shifting gears on the gas

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The wife wants an automatic with a plush ride no matter what so it'll be the Turbo Rzr for her and probably a Yamaha for me and the sons if it's a runner.
We'll know the first.
Yamaha dealers are already saying their will be a premium on the price. At least the ones we talked to.
Wouldn't be surprised if you don't see many of them until next year.
I won't pay a premium.
They are all over priced as it is.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to haul ass.

cb5505

Reaction score
Someone leaked another pic on the rzr forums. They have blue and white too. 5 speed manual. Could be a game changer

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Seems weird to have a manual Trans. Or is it just me?

HavaToon

Reaction score
Blue/white and red/white look way better than the yellow. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441080111.442555.jpg

HavaToon

Reaction score
I'd bet it's going to be a clutchless 5 speed.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yamaha has a tendency to introduce technology that is ahead of its time and a little slow to take off the 1st couple years but then it turns into the norm for all manufacturers. Look at the 4 stroke MX bikes they introduced WAY before anyone else. Or when they first introduced the Rhino. Ya, those weren't the first ones of their kind but they were the first to lead to development of a whole new class of machine (4-stroke MX bikes and sport SxS). I think a clutchless 5 speed slush box will do that for Yamaha here again. Cause really, who doesn't like slamming through 5 gears in a ratchet shifter when you're runnin hard? Lol!

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yamaha has a tendency to introduce technology that is ahead of its time and a little slow to take off the 1st couple years but then it turns into the norm for all manufacturers. Look at the 4 stroke MX bikes they introduced WAY before anyone else. Or when they first introduced the Rhino. Ya, those weren't the first ones of their kind but they were the first to lead to development of a whole new class of machine (4-stroke MX bikes and sport SxS). I think a clutchless 5 speed slush box will do that for Yamaha here again. Cause really, who doesn't like slamming through 5 gears in a ratchet shifter when you're runnin hard? Lol!

I agree. Put a reconfigured liter 200HP street bike motor in the thing and call it good. It isn't like they don't have the data to make that happen. Look what stealing the RD/Z motor did for them in the Banshee. Brilliant. 20 years later, it is still the benchmark bike to beat.