WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2018 Korea

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Who thinks we are going to invade them at some point? My personal thought is as soon as the Olympics are over, we will say that we are doing military exercises with South Korea and invade the north. I think it’s inevitable. Trump needs a war he can win for multiple reasons. If he can take down the regime with minimal collateral damage than he’s a hero. It also deflects all the attention from the Mueller investigation, which now looks like an obstruction investigation.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No I don’t think we will “invade” NK.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Who thinks we are going to invade them at some point? My personal thought is as soon as the Olympics are over, we will say that we are doing military exercises with South Korea and invade the north. I think it’s inevitable. Trump needs a war he can win for multiple reasons. If he can take down the regime with minimal collateral damage than he’s a hero. It also deflects all the attention from the Mueller investigation, which now looks like an obstruction investigation.

Thoughts?

What does deflecting attention from the Mueller investigation have to do with anything, other than a lib talking point? :rolleyes: Less than a 10% chance of invasion.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I do not believe we will invade NK unless it is our absolute last option....Sanctions are hitting NK hard, thus Kim now wanting to meet with SK.

Kim Jong-un's hungry soldiers 'pick corn' after being given leave to STEAL food from starving North Koreans

Trump needs a war he can win for multiple reasons.
I am curious, what is your reasoning to believe the above?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
What does deflecting attention from the Mueller investigation have to do with anything, other than a lib talking point? :rolleyes: Less than a 10% chance of invasion.

I think it just gives him one more reason to solidify his decision. And I disagree, after the latest with Sessions and Trump it’s way more than a talking point.

That being said I think he moves to topple the regime.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I think only if NK strikes first or really screws the pooch. There is enough distraction with the leftist media already. Maybe he can get three scoops of ice cream next time.:rolleyes:

530RL

Reaction score
The US can't get control of a bunch of people on horseback in Afghanistan after 15 years and a couple trillion dollars, what rational president would think he could invade N. Korea, or try to topple the leadership without getting Seoul shelled? And that is before the Chinese and Russians start pouring over the border to support N. Korea as they are not going to allow a US satellite nation on their borders.

But then again, Trump is President......

Hullbilly

Reaction score
The US can't get control of a bunch of people on horseback in Afghanistan after 15 years and a couple trillion dollars, what rational president would think he could invade N. Korea, or try to topple the leadership without getting Seoul shelled? And that is before the Chinese and Russians start pouring over the border to support N. Korea as they are not going to allow a US satellite nation on their borders.

If it’s just that easy, I know a guy that takes volunteers and pay’s them (poorly). You can show us how it’s done!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I had to look twice to make sure it was really you posting this.

While I can't say we will never invade NK, it would seem highly unlikely to put boots on the ground.

Certainly the Olympic themselves are bound to be a plethora of espionage, I would think.

But tying an invasion in with Trump "needing" a winnable war to distract from the witch hunt seems like a stretch.

spectras only

Reaction score
it's not going to happen, unless, Kim is pushing the red button first of course!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Paul,from the sidelines i totally admire the business you have built in Havasu,i have a few more boats in me and fully intend to do business with ou guys because of the reputation.But,i gotta say if you really think Trump would start a war of killing thousands of people for his own personal gain you are phucking nuts,actually i have a hard believing anyone would believe that Trump would enjoy killing

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Paul,from the sidelines i totally admire the business you have built in Havasu,i have a few more boats in me and fully intend to do business with ou guys because of the reputation.But,i gotta say if you really think Trump would start a war of killing thousands of people for his own personal gain you are phucking nuts,actually i have a hard believing anyone would believe that Trump would enjoy killing

I’m not saying that at all. I believe something has to be done and it’s inevitable that we have to take NK down. And merited. I’m
Just talking about the timing of it. I don’t think anyone wants a war. Including Trump. It’s a hard decision but we have to draw a line in the sand over him having the ability to launch a missile at us.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
There is no reason to initiate a war with NK. Their people suffer intensely and we see the physical condition of their military from the few that have escaped.

The runt is a tyrant and holds firm, but sooner than later it's more likely his tyrannical ways will turn some of those within.

Him openly agreeing to meet with SK over the Olympics could develop into an out for him. And the Chinese and Russia surely have influences on the twirp that aren't publicized.

I just see no way in hell Trump would ever start a war. He may enter one defensively if they start throwing missiles into the air, but no one but the haters and detractors see the many as that foolish and a loose cannon.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Please help me out with these conflicting messages....Trump needs....?

Here’s the deal. I think no matter who’s in charge we have to take NK down as soon as they prove they can hit the US. I think it’s a war we can win easily. Yes war is horrible thing. We went to Iraq and toppled Saddam pretty quick. I think if we use all our resources we can do same in NK. Maybe I’m wrong? Taking down NK is good for everyone imo.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Don't think well go that far unless he pops a juche bird over a city.

Too many in Seoul would die no matter how big our initial strike. S Korea is worlds preeminent supplier of DRAM.

The global tech economy would turn to shit overnight.

Trumps got a lot of reasons to misdirect, but this is too big for that.

UD

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Take out Kim,it is that simple,take him out.The first thing after he is gone his goose stepping moron leaders will want to know is when they can go to Disneyland.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Here’s the deal. I think no matter who’s in charge we have to take NK down as soon as they prove they can hit the US. I think it’s a war we can win easily. Yes war is horrible thing. We went to Iraq and toppled Saddam pretty quick. I think if we use all our resources we can do same in NK. Maybe I’m wrong? Taking down NK is good for everyone imo.

Thanks!
Agree we need to take NK out if and when they can hit the U.S. with a nuke.......same for Iran. If someone says they want to kill you, we should take them at their words.
IMO, it would have to be a quick, swift, and complete take down of their nuke abilities in order to keep "others" from defending NK against our efforts. Like when we hit Baghdad with a firestorm in the middle of the night...

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama were all 'rational' by contrast to Trump? yet they all actually fell into and failed at what you describe above..... So.....

530RL

Reaction score
Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, and Obama were all 'rational' by contrast to Trump? yet they all actually fell into and failed at what you describe above..... So.....

Fair and valid point and Trump has already fallen into the same trap with significant troop and monetary increases in Afghanistan.......

JBS

Reaction score
Don't think well go that far unless he pops a juche bird over a city.

Too many in Seoul would die no matter how big our initial strike. S Korea is worlds preeminent supplier of DRAM.

The global tech economy would turn to shit overnight.

Trumps got a lot of reasons to misdirect, but this is too big for that.

UD

I import Polycarbonate pellets by the multi sea containers from S. Korea. A supply interruption would hurt me greatly. There is already a short supply of this material on a World wide basis.

MSum661

Reaction score
it's not going to happen, unless, Kim is pushing the red button first of course!

Exactly. It would be an all in and over in 15 minutes or nothing.

As U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Tom McInerney said back in August that in the event of a nuclear attack from North Korea on the U.S. or South Korea, Pyongyang would have about 15 minutes to bask in its glory before the U.S. flattened the country.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Take out Kim,it is that simple,take him out.The first thing after he is gone his goose stepping moron leaders will want to know is when they can go to Disneyland.

How many south Koreans are you willing to sacrifice to preemptively take someone out -

Then who's going to take over the place next?

You guys already forgot how Iraq went....

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I think he means some cyanide spray or a single shot from a mile away?

IF caught in such activity - he will activity start war and kill millions of south koreans (its his only card) and maybe launch against etc west coast of the US

If successful whats your plan on his replacement? - guy that step up and asserts might be as bad or worse -

I see no actual " plan" aside from armchair warmaking with no goal.

This isnt easy or simple or cheap.

UD

500bbc

Reaction score

TLFAU!

Good Job!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
How many south Koreans are you willing to sacrifice to preemptively take someone out -

UD

How many are you willing to risk if he launches a nuke that can reach LA?

Sandlord

Reaction score
I hope the economic sanctions work and Rocket Boy decides to have talks with us and SK

MSum661

Reaction score
IF caught in such activity - he will activity start war and kill millions of south koreans (its his only card) and maybe launch against etc west coast of the US

If successful whats your plan on his replacement?

Yeah well, if He's stupid enough to launch a ICBM at the U.S. there will be no North Korean replacement at the point of impact coming for at least the next 1,000 years due to the massive nuclear fuel from the relentless barrage of our missiles.

Its amazing that were discussing this after 30 years of allowing this regime to slide with accumulating this sort of Nuclear Power.
Could'a, should'a, would've.

spectras only

Reaction score

Different scenario, neither the Russians or the Chinese gave a fiddler's fart about Iraq but being immediate neighbours with NK, an attack would be a totally different ballgame. The Russians and Chinese will always side with NK as they shown back in the 50's! I bet Trumps' advisers are fully aware of that! I'm old enough to remember, Russian involvement of transporting north koreans safe keeping to all over to its satellite iron curtain countries, also did same during the Cuban crisis. We had cubans all over at our colleges and universities, given them free education, room and board. Fuck that. If the Russians don't get on board with the US about NK, it will be a stale mate for ever. NK's goal is re-unification with SK, plain and simple. The whole issue would go away in a New York minute if SK decided to re-unite.But of course it won't happen.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Hey, would it be considered an act of war if we could get Musk to special delivery an airmailed Red Tesla Roadster to his house ?
Happy Birthday you fat fock from the USA, looks great in your living room :D

Sandlord

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.43.17 PM.png

530RL

Reaction score
Its amazing that were discussing this after 30 years of allowing this regime to slide with accumulating this sort of Nuclear Power.

The technology is not that difficult, is getting easier to re-produce, and over the next 30 years there will be dozen more countries gaining the same technology internally. You got nine countries with over 16,000 devices now and another dozen or so countries that are "nuclear capable" but do not currently manufacture complete devices, but make parts and could have one ready in months.

It is just the reality.

The question that remains for me is whether or not the best way to manage this reality is by having "button measuring" contests on twitter or through some more traditional adult-like means? Fortunately I suspect other countries are willing to fill that role that the US can no longer fill.

spectras only

Reaction score

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

UD

Assassination is the only solution.He took out his brother @ a public Airport.THere would be immediate celebration of the NK population.Look closely at all pics of Kim with his leaders.What you will see is fear.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

If successful whats your plan on his replacement? - guy that step up and asserts might be as bad or worse -

I see no actual " plan" aside from armchair warmaking with no goal.

This isnt easy or simple or cheap.

UD

Maybe.
My opinion is that his "replacements" live in fear of him.
It is true we have fucked up more than once modifying regimes.
But I do thinking cutting of the head is the best option.

spectras only

Reaction score
Assassination is the only solution.He took out his brother @ a public Airport.THere would be immediate celebration of the NK population.Look closely at all pics of Kim with his leaders.What you will see is fear.

It isn't as simple as that. The masters of assasinations/poisionings not successful all the times, either,lol.
In December of 1979, The Soviet Union was attempting to kill the sitting "Prime Minister" of Afghanistan, Nur Muhammad Taraki. The reasons that they wanted to kill him are complex and aren't really necessary to discuss here, but yeah, they wanted him dead.

Two of the attempts to assassinate Taraki revolved around poisoned food. In the first attempt, Taraki's nephew and secret police chief were poisoned (but survived). I know that he isn't quite a 'food taster' but the chief of the secret police kind of fits the mold as someone responsible for protecting the head of state, including from dangers lurking in his dinner.

A few days later, as Soviet troops were massing for the invasion, the KGB once again tried to poison Taraki. This time they managed to significantly sicken him (but not kill him-- it was a hail of bullets that eventually got him) but the attempt also severely sickened everyone that Taraki was dining with, including but not limited to his security team.

Souce is Peter Tomsen's The Wars of Afghanistan

MSum661

Reaction score

The question that remains for me is whether or not the best way to manage this reality is by having "button measuring" contests on twitter or through some more traditional adult-like means? Fortunately I suspect other countries are willing to fill that role that the US can no longer fill.

Unfortunately taking "The Adult" means of communication path with this Tyrant has been ignored and dismissed by our past elected officials. They, for the most part ignored N.K. and /or never took his threats serious at all. They blew it off or never wanted to deal with it.
As silly as it is to you and others, The Twitter angle is seen and read Internationally. If the N.K. Pres. acts like a child..then he will be treated as such.

If you and Trump wanted to sit down and discuss high I.Q. in depth conversations about Life in General, I'm positive you and Trump can do it well.
But here were talking about a person with a 180 degree differential in cranium capacity of that of you or Trump.

Last edited:

Old Texan

Reaction score
Though Rodman is justifiably weird, he is from what I have been told by folks that worked for him when he had a general contracting company outside of Dallas, he's a pretty smart and perceptive guy.

I've always felt the CIA or some government officials have sat with the Worm and gotten his personal thoughts on the looney 'lil runt. They have a profile on him and likely see how paranoid he is and how difficult it would be to penetrate his inner circle. Assassination is going to be tough if he stays inside and seldom leaves his immediate quarters. Hard telling when he's been out of the country or even distanced trips within NK borders.

Taking him out would require accurate information of his exact wear abouts and a surgical strike by missile or smart bomb. High tech stuff our military keeps guarded. That or a larger weapon taking out a big hunk of real estate. Doubtful this type of action will happen due to world flak.

I'm sure our agencies have numerous theories and potential ways to get to him, but all are complicated by his seclusion and secrecy he hides behind. Hard to imagine how one so paranoid can be taken out from the pure fear those around him live with every minute of every day.

He's pinned down and unless he initiates an act of stupidity, he'll stay status quo. And he knows that from how he's acted the last couple years. He's tested the world over what he can get away with and the only ones who've suffered are the NK citizens. There lies his real conundrum, how far can he push his people until they go into ultimate survival mode and take out the loon who is killing them. Slaves and desperate citizens will revolt at some point and that to me is what will rid the world of this sick bastard.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yeah well, if He's stupid enough to launch a ICBM at the U.S. there will be no North Korean replacement at the point of impact coming for at least the next 1,000 years due to the massive nuclear fuel from the relentless barrage of our missiles.

What if just one of his gets through to Los Angeles?

Yup - were here at this juncture because of weak leadership.

UD

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

UD

Exactly, we're here as a direct result of Clinton, Bush II, and Obama, and yet people are bitching that it's Trumps' fault.... Puh-lease. Trump has done more in his first year in office via tough diplomacy than all 3 of the last admins combined, at least he is doing something.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Exactly, we're here as a direct result of Clinton, Bush II, and Obama, and yet people are bitching that it's Trumps' fault.... Puh-lease. Trump has done more in his first year in office via tough diplomacy than all 3 of the last admins combined, at least he is doing something.

How dare you!!!!!!!!

Old Texan

Reaction score

UD
Personally I question the actual number he has that could reach the US. Then I question their ability to not get shot out of the air by our defense systems.

The real danger is short range into Japan, SK, Guam, or other close in neighbors.

I just have to believe we have radar and intercepting capabilities that he ain't gonna hit major sized US soil.

And on the subject of POTUS blame, as I recall, let's not forget it was Carter that made an after office unofficial visit to the runt's old man and worked a deal for nuclear power plant technology. Bill got into a position he didn't want and relented to Carter's agreement.

500bbc

Reaction score
Personally I question the actual number he has that could reach the US. Then I question their ability to not get shot out of the air by our defense systems.

The real danger is short range into Japan, SK, Guam, or other close in neighbors.

I just have to believe we have radar and intercepting capabilities that he ain't gonna hit major sized US soil.

And on the subject of POTUS blame, as I recall, let's not forget it was Carter that made an after office unofficial visit to the runt's old man and worked a deal for nucrear power prant technorogy. Bill got into a position he didn't want and relented to Carter's agreement.

Had to fix it for ya.:D

spectras only

Reaction score
There's a 30 minute window to do something about it. If there're lets say a dozen ICBM's on the way, you better have a system that a dozen anti missiles on the way to meet them half way head on, be as accurate as a bullet of a sharpshooter's who could shoot a bullet head on. Short range is easier to deal with since they're slower and US defence is just around the corner of NK's airspace.
A bullet travels at 1700 mph, an ICBM does 15.000 mph, not as easy to do as dodging a bullet.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
We have 2 systems to defend with, a system that targets as it heads into orbit (Ground Based Midcourse Defense. This is a anti-ICBM system that will attempt to kill the missile during it’s spaceflight) and a system that attempts to hit it on the way to target (THAAD, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, which attempts to shoot down the missile during re-entry). If it gets close enough to open it's payload and disperse it's warheads, pray it's not near you.

Neither system is 100%. Effective and tested to work, but not 100%.

Hence why disarming negotiations are essential.