WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Funny...you could say the same thing in reverse for pitching......prime example...Kershaw. ;)
Kershaw is going to the Hall of Fame with a 2.42 era in 12 reg season, 4.24 in post season which isn't fantastic but still keeps your team in the game for sure. .172 is not even close to respectable

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Did you ever notice most of these guys get their big stats from the avg to terrible pitchers in the league? Bellinger included. His batting avg in post season against the best of the best pitching; .172 just saying. . .
Bellinger is a completely different hitter this year versus others. He has made tweaks to his swing and has become best of the best. Look at his strike out ratio this year versus previous.

But, hitting is a LOT about capitalizing on pitching mistakes. Always has been. So of course stats are gonna be much higher on weaker pitchers for every hitter in the league, and likely more of a difference with the elite hitters too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Bellinger is a completely different hitter this year versus others. He has made tweaks to his swing and has become best of the best. Look at his strike out ratio this year versus previous.

But, hitting is a LOT about capitalizing on pitching mistakes. Always has been. So of course stats are gonna be much higher on weaker pitchers for every hitter in the league, and likely more of a difference with the elite hitters too.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
I will be interested to see how his postseason goes this year

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I will be interested to see how his postseason goes this year
I was just gonna say.....I bet we'll see quite an improvement. I'd say his mental development in hitting better in big moments is what has improved. Pitching will be tougher postseason....but I think we've seen him improve and become more disciplined during these moments. Gonna be fun to watch.

KevinR

Reaction score
Dodgers get “Dodgered” tonight. After they get 3 in 9th to take lead Kenley gives them all up, to Harper no less.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I know the Dodgers are playing great this season doing really well so it pains me to criticize them but...

What the fuck was AJ Pollock doing playing CF late in the game tonight?! From what I saw he cost them the runs in the 9th and Muncy at shortstop didn't help him on the blooper that neither one caught! More awful fielding!

Their defense especially in the in field sucks this year! Yeah, it's nice to see guys playing multiple positions but just maybe they're have fewer errors and unearned runs if they played one position well instead of multiple positions poorly.

They came from behind to take a 2-run lead into the 9th and gave the frigging game away. Just awful

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I know the Dodgers are playing great this season doing really well so it pains me to criticize them but...

What the fuck was AJ Pollock doing playing CF late in the game tonight?! From what I saw he cost them the runs in the 9th and Muncy at shortstop didn't help him on the blooper that neither one caught! More awful fielding!

Their defense especially in the in field sucks this year! Yeah, it's nice to see guys playing multiple positions but just maybe they're have fewer errors and unearned runs if they played one position well instead of multiple positions poorly.

They came from behind to take a 2-run lead into the 9th and gave the frigging game away. Just awful
I agree in a way......but perhaps the payoff is to be able to.move the pieces around with such versatility is better....I'm thinking alot of the changes in the lineup and subs have probably contributed to more on the winning end of the game.

KevinR

Reaction score
Yeah it’s frustrating. Seems every game there’s an error or two. Yet as Hooter said, over half the season they are the best in baseball. Of course October is when it all counts so we shall see.....

KevinR

Reaction score
Freeze and Turner hits 2run HRs in 7th and 8th for 6-2 Lead.

Who’s gonna pitch 8th and 9th?

KevinR

Reaction score
Floro closes it out. Nice job Doyers!

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 10.45.59 PM.png

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Leave it to Joe Kelly and the bullpen as the Dodgers lose a game they were winning

KevinR

Reaction score
OK. OK. OK. We get it. I’m jealous!

Better bring home a victory!

Enjoy the evening.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Maaannnn...those are shitty ass seats.....you can't even see the whole field........:D

SoCalDave

Reaction score
What a great BD present from my vendor, thanks Jason!

KevinR

Reaction score
Way to bring home the win Hooter. I like how Roberts took your advice to give Kenta a little work. His stuff looked great!

KevinR

Reaction score
I did read that article this morning. Will be interested to see it all finished up.

Heading to the game Aug. 3 vs. Padres.

And we actually get to watch the game tonight on the Angels channel.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I can’t wait to watch the Dodgers lose the World Series...again. :D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score

KevinR

Reaction score
Damn Trout!

Takes a run off the board and then crushes one for the go ahead.

Cmon Doyers!

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Well, the Doyers survived Kenley Jensen trying to give away last night's game by walking in a run. They desperately need a closer and hope they can swing a deal for Vasquez, the Pirates' lefty closer (28-year old) without giving away their future stars.

Great news - after the Dodgers sent Austin (can't hit) Barnes to Oklahoma (minors) they again brought up Will Smith who today is CRUSHING IT hitting everything in site. The kid has driven in 6 RUNS so far today! He just missed a Grand Slam on his last at bat. Here's his info not including today's bash...

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 3.35.32 PM.png

KevinR

Reaction score
Holy crap. Smith did that today? Need to check the game line.

Wow. He hit it hard all day long. Gappers and a dinger.

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Bwahahahaha...those mutha fuckas ain't even gonna make the playoffs....nice follow up season....fuck the Red Sox.....:D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Bwahahahaha...those mutha fuckas ain't even gonna make the playoffs....nice follow up season....fuck the Red Sox.....:D
No team has won back to back WS since 98', 99'. 2000. ;):D SF won WS and didn't make the playoffs the next year. :)

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
No team has won back to back WS since 98', 99'. 2000. ;):D SF won WS and didn't make the playoffs the next year. :)
No shit....SF always flopped the next year. I dont see how a team can take it all...and at least not come back and contend. That's why I think those SF teams were never really the greatest to begin with. Just did enough to get by. Fuck the Giants...:D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
No shit....SF always flopped the next year. I dont see how a team can take it all...and at least not come back and contend. That's why I think those SF teams were never really the greatest to begin with. Just did enough to get by. Fuck the Giants...:D
How many of SF WS wins were from them getting in as a wild card.