WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Yup......back again for another season....MLB idle today....Opening Day kicks off tomorrow. Been doing these threads for a few years now. Always fun for the banter. Usually me just talking to myself...lol. So here we goooo. Still think we're the strong hold in the West....and definitely in the mix for the NL. Once again.....the player releases/acquisitions still have me scratching my head. Looks like we'll build for the second half/playoff run again later. Whatever. So who are your picks? Repeat of last season? Should be another frustrating season since I won't give in to Spectrum....miss alot of games. Once again.......Goooooooo Doyers!!! :D

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Looks like we might be in Los Angeles for the Cubs games to watch the Dodgers loose. LOL Our son loves the Cubs and the rest of the family are Dodger fans. Family dinners in the summer can be a lot of fun with the banter.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Might as well get this over with now. :p

6C94D3A2-9A3F-402F-8A98-3B82450777D8.jpeg
BDDA2B60-EBB4-42C2-8059-1A99439BC05D.jpeg
48DB88DD-8CA6-4982-AACE-3292F81B6224.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Lakers fans need something to talk about.....lol Well, besides the 7 max free agents that want to play with LBJ....:)

F THE LADS AND F THE FLAKERS!

Go Giants and Clips

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Headed down to san diego for padres opening day. We arent going to win the division. We dont have enough pitching but we should make it interesting.

padres put paddock and tatis jr on the opening day roster even though holding them back until april 14th would have gotten them another year of service time. I love that they did the right thing here. Keep an eye on chris paddock he can deal and tatis is thr number 3 prospect in all of baseball. Regardless padres will be fun to watch and i will enjoy the chatter now that we have a team thats half decent.

Puig and kemp gone turner back should be interesting to see how the dodgers offense looks this year.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Heading to the Joint in Randsberg in a few to watch the season opener with Hollie the owner.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Worst traffic day of the year leaving downtown after work. Need to make sure to get out before the game ends. and GO DOYERS.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Worst traffic day of the year leaving downtown after work. Need to make sure to get out before the game ends. and GO DOYERS.
Wife leaves Simi to USC Hospital for work and when our bums are playing it makes the commute tough.
She goes the long way over the 2 through Glendale.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Can't get the Dodger games on Direct. Any decent streaming service offer it?

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Can't get the Dodger games on Direct. Any decent streaming service offer it?
I usually stream through Reddit.....search MLB streams....should be ez and good to go
.....Fuck Direct TV....:D

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
6-0!!!!!!..back to back HRs...Suck it Greinke....lol.....:D

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
D-Bags going nowhere fast this year..........need 2001 back. Randy Johnson could probably pitch better now than Zack the Sack.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
D-Bags going nowhere fast this year..........need 2001 back. Randy Johnson could probably pitch better now than Zack the Sack.
Feel bad for Az fans......they gave the team away....gonna be a looong season.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Well....that was a crazy way to start the season. One thing is for certain.....they won't be hitting 8 HRs a game....lol

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Cubs did fairly well with the Rangers.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Headed down to san diego for padres opening day. We arent going to win the division. We dont have enough pitching but we should make it interesting.

padres put paddock and tatis jr on the opening day roster even though holding them back until april 14th would have gotten them another year of service time. I love that they did the right thing here. Keep an eye on chris paddock he can deal and tatis is thr number 3 prospect in all of baseball. Regardless padres will be fun to watch and i will enjoy the chatter now that we have a team thats half decent.

Puig and kemp gone turner back should be interesting to see how the dodgers offense looks this year.
I think they showed the offense still has the power. I think they'll be more cohesive this year with your team taking the problem away. We shall see if this was a 1 time thing, or if this new hitting coach has found the sweet spot...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I think they showed the offense still has the power. I think they'll be more cohesive this year with your team taking the problem away. We shall see if this was a 1 time thing, or if this new hitting coach has found the sweet spot...

Manny was voted the dirtiest player in baseball in a players poll. He seems like a decent team mate at least so far. We will see what he is like when the team isnt winning.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
What??? No update on the Doyers loss to the shitty D Backs last night? :D
Lol....missed the game.....checked the numbers.....looks like I would have been bitching last night if I would've seen it. Ohhh bullpen, dont start this shit already. :D

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
That was a crazy game. Saw a lot of pitchers, lol. How about that AJ Pollock?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I can't believe I've started this season watching the first two games. I don't have time for this :D

I was impressed with Joe Kelly last year so I was happy to see the Doyers get him. But he gave up the game tying 3-run HR last night that opened the door for the Dbacks to beat the Blue Crew in OT.

AJ Pollock was great last night. And his former teammate Goldschmidt tore the cover off the ball for his new team, the Cardinals as he hit 3 HRs last night

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
No, I'm not boasting on the score of tonights game. But that was such a fun game to watch. When the Catcher closes out the game on the mound you know it was a special game. Great job, Russell Martin. Go Dodgers...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
No, I'm not boasting on the score of tonights game. But that was such a fun game to watch. When the Catcher closes out the game on the mound you know it was a special game. Great job, Russell Martin. Go Dodgers...
I couldn't believe I saw his name in the box stats for pitching. That is just nuts! And not a single earned run either....

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Another game for the record books. It was so bad for the Dbacks I started to feel sorry for them

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Fucking Doyer fans...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26405189/man-severely-hurt-incident-dodgers-game

Yes i realize it could happen anywhere, but it didn’t, and this is a Doyer thread.

A man was severely injured in an altercation at Dodger Stadium on Friday, and the Los Angeles Dodgers said they are cooperating with the police investigation into the incident.

"Last night, an altercation occurred suddenly between two men who were leaving the stadium," the Dodgers said in a statement Saturday. "One of the men was injured as a result of the altercation. A witness immediately reported the incident to stadium personnel, and emergency medical technicians were promptly dispatched to provide medical assistance at the scene. The matter is now being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department, and the Dodgers are cooperating fully with the investigation."

The man, identified as Rafael Reyna by his wife, Christel, is in the hospital and on life support after he suffered a fractured skull among other head injuries. Christel Reyna told KABC that she didn't see what started the altercation as they left Friday's Diamondbacks-Dodgers game but that she heard Rafael Reyna arguing with someone and then a loud cracking sound.

"I was hearing the arguing happening and then I heard like a smack, a crack," Christel Reyna told KABC. "It sounded like a baseball bat, and then I heard him start moaning."

Police say the 47-year-old man was punched once by another man and fell to the ground in a parking lot. Police say they are investigating the encounter as an assault and looking for a person in their 20s who drove away in a white SUV. No arrests have been made.

In 2011, San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow suffered brain damage when he was assaulted outside Dodger Stadium on Opening Day by two men, who would later receive prison sentences of four and eight years, respectively. The Dodgers increased security outside the stadium following that attack.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
How do you know it wasn't a butthurt Az fan who did the deed? :D

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Saw the storty in another thread. So sad that this happens anywhere. It is sad that this makes it tough to bring kids.