***2019 RDP Weight Loss Challenge***

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
upload_2019-2-5_19-19-14.gif

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yeah...I discovered DoorDash...not good. Normally when I'm drinking at home and get the munchies I just eat what we have in the fridge. Two nights ago after we got home from the Super Bowl festivities I decided it would be a good idea to order 4 burgers and 20 tacos from Jack in the Box at 11 p.m....there was two of us eating.:eek: To say it's not going well is an understatement. I'm by far in the worst shape of my life and have pretty much given up exercising. Only paddle boarded twice this year...just not good.:(

braindead

Reaction score
image.jpg
I really need to get into this and hit the gym more

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Yeah...I discovered DoorDash...not good. Normally when I'm drinking at home and get the munchies I just eat what we have in the fridge. Two nights ago after we got home from the Super Bowl festivities I decided it would be a good idea to order 4 burgers and 20 tacos from Jack in the Box at 11 p.m....there was two of us eating.:eek: To say it's not going well is an understatement. I'm by far in the worst shape of my life and have pretty much given up exercising. Only paddle boarded twice this year...just not good.:(

Anybody who knows you knows your such a fucking Sand bagger! Post up some pics you liar!!! You probably have a team of trainers and dieticians! If I wrong I apologize but you have a reputation around here.

Reaction score
Anybody who knows you knows your such a fucking Sand bagger! Post up some pics you liar!!! You probably have a team of trainers and dieticians! If I wrong I apologize but you have a reputation around here.

Your so full of shit grads.. no way two of you ate that much food. Quit being a lying democrat and post your picture..

GRADS

Reaction score
Your so full of shit grads.. no way two of you ate that much food. Quit being a lying democrat and post your picture..
Ohh, no way we ate all that in one night, but we did some damage...still have 4 tacos left that I will probably polish off tonight. I'll post a pic, I wish I was lying.

GRADS

Reaction score
IMG_8833a.jpg

GRADS

Reaction score
Are we going to see some kind of spread sheet on this?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Man....I stayed in my diet 100%, and still got blown out of the water by 15lbs !!!! Somebody is running triathalons or living in a sauna

selfmade

Reaction score
Man....I stayed in my diet 100%, and still got blown out of the water by 15lbs !!!! Somebody is running triathalons or living in a sauna
I walked a few miles a night and ate at a crazy calorie deficit. Food is completely bland and repetitive. Only drinking water at certain times during the day. I bought a workout and meal plan a few years ago. And if you stick to it the pounds fly off. But it’s not realistic. It creates another issue. I’m freaked out to eat anything because I’m scared to gain weight back. It’s a balance that I need to learn or I’ll yo-yo right back to the same spot. I did this same plan before and lost 70lbs. And gained back 77. I’m really trying to work on controlling it. I’ve never done any drugs or ever drank. I never really understood the addiction thing. Until I realized I was addicted to food. This whole deal has me really looking at myself in a different light. I’ve always been somewhat successful guy and conquered whatever I set my mind to. But food is my nemesis and extremely hard for me to control. And it’s strictly food not the gym. The gym is easy.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

I have to be in a routine, that is the only way it works for me. Get up at the same time, go to bed at the same time...and a cheat day once (give or take) a week. I find when I am in the mode, my cheat day isn’t really that bad, because I am feeling good, and don’t want to mess it up.

When I get out of my routine, it is like making a little kid go to bed who doesn’t want to, in order to get me motivated again. I swear the older I get, the harder it is.

Set up your routine on paper if you need to.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I gave up booze for the first 19 days of this year...maybe lost a pound or two....worst 19 days ever.
I gave up booze for the first 19 days of this year...maybe lost a pound or two....worst 19 days ever for my wife...

Finished your sentence.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Well im down that 2lb i was up from the superbowl. The shitty thing is I didnt eat anything but what was on my Keto plan that day, just ate late and probably a little too much. Still not sold that Keto is better than just counting calories, which has worked fine for me in the past. But it's what the Wife is doing and she cooks, so therefore i'm on Keto......

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Well im down that 2lb i was up from the superbowl. The shitty thing is I didnt eat anything but what was on my Keto plan that day, just ate late and probably a little too much. Still not sold that Keto is better than just counting calories, which has worked fine for me in the past. But it's what the Wife is doing and she cooks, so therefore i'm on Keto......

#metoo

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
1st Weigh In Results!!

Congratulations @Demoman

I am really impressed in the participation this year. We usually have a lot that drop off after the initial weigh in. Keep crushing it guys!!

feb5.PNG

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Missed the weigh in.
My wife and I were in Pittsburgh taking her mothers ashes back to be with dad.

I doubt my results would be any different anyway.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Missed the weigh in.
My wife and I were in Pittsburgh taking her mothers ashes back to be with dad.

I doubt my results would be any different anyway.
We are used to your style!! Would love to see you kick butt and weigh in next time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
Hey guys not sure I'm going to stay in this or I guess really compete. I know laugh it up, that's given my last weigh in. But shortly before the last weigh in I started doing the "keto" diet which many of you have talked about. I've done the Atkins in the past (10 years ago), which is kind of similar, and had good results.

I will go into detail about this later when I'm feeling a little bit better, but for now...
The first week I had all the normal symptoms like the "keto flu" but I powered through it. Not only did I lose 10 lbs. but I felt a change in my body...and not in good way. I can only explain it as it felt like my body and mind were shutting down on me. I had major confusion, a pounding heart, weakness, fatigue, anxiety, kidney pain, abdominal pain, the list goes on... It finally got to the point where I said F this I need to see a doctor...I vaguely remember driving there. Well they ran some tests and it turns out I was in ketosis with a ketone level of 40mg in my urine,...should be negative if you're not on the diet. I had my liver levels checked at the end of 2018 and they had more than doubled and I didn't even drink the first part of this year.:eek: There were some other levels that were way off as well which is consistent with a keto diet. Also had blood in my urine that wasn't visible to the naked eye. Doctor said to stop right away.

Right now my focus is just getting healthy again, the weight is secondary.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hey guys not sure I'm going to stay in this or I guess really compete. I know laugh it up, that's given my last weigh in. But shortly before the last weigh in I started doing the "keto" diet which many of you have talked about. I've done the Atkins in the past (10 years ago), which is kind of similar, and had good results.

I will go into detail about this later when I'm feeling a little bit better, but for now...
The first week I had all the normal symptoms like the "keto flu" but I powered through it. Not only did I lose 10 lbs. but I felt a change in my body...and not in good way. I can only explain it as it felt like my body and mind were shutting down on me. I had major confusion, a pounding heart, weakness, fatigue, anxiety, kidney pain, abdominal pain, the list goes on... It finally got to the point where I said F this I need to see a doctor...I vaguely remember driving there. Well they ran some tests and it turns out I was in ketosis with a ketone level of 40mg in my urine,...should be negative if you're not on the diet. I had my liver levels checked at the end of 2018 and they had more than doubled and I didn't even drink the first part of this year.:eek: There were some other levels that were of as well which is consistent with a keto diet. Also had blood in my urine that wasn't visible to the naked eye. Doctor said to stop right away.

Holy crap man!! Glad you are ok. I have never been a fan of the Keto diet. If you cut bread, tortillas, pasta, processed foods and sugar out of your diet and couple that with some light exercise, then you will lose weight in a more healthy way.

Last edited:

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Holy crap man!! Glad you are ok. I have never been a fan of the Keto diet. If youcut bread, tortillas, pasta, processed foods and sugar out of your diet and couple that with some light exercise, then you will lose weight in a more healthy way.

Plus that is way more sustainable as a lifestyle! I found that cutting out any processed oils (Vegetable oil, Soybean oil etc) was a great way to cut out the shit!

TripleB

Reaction score
I’m late to the game, started around Feb 1st at 242, currently at 230

GRADS

Reaction score
Holy crap man!! Glad you are ok. I have never been a fan of the Keto diet.
I hope I am, I'm still feeling the effects. My sodium and electrolyte levels are low which means dehydration but I've been drinking more water than ever which they tell me is washing away the sodium. Go figure? Which in turn is causing kidney and urination problems. It's so fucked up, I just want to be normal again.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
I hope I am, I'm still feeling the effects. My sodium and electrolyte levels are low which means dehydration but I've been drink more water than ever which they tell me is washing away the sodium. Go figure? Which in turn is causing kidney and urination problems. It's so fucked up, I just want to be normal again.

I was going to ask you how your menstrual cycle was going but I figured you’re almost 50 so I passed on that one.:D Try to drink a little bit of pickle juice (not the one at the gay bar) the one in your refrigerator. That might help. Also, if you decide to try the Keto Diet again you might want to add Himalayan Pink Salt to your foods and eat an avocado every day.

Demoman

Reaction score
Don’t forget we have a weigh in tomorrow

Can we please get password posted early for those of us that roll out in the dark- good luck guys

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

The first week I had all the normal symptoms like the "keto flu" but I powered through it. Not only did I lose 10 lbs. but I felt a change in my body...and not in good way. I can only explain it as it felt like my body and mind were shutting down on me. I had major confusion, a pounding heart, weakness, fatigue, anxiety, kidney pain, abdominal pain, the list goes on... It finally got to the point where I said F this I need to see a doctor...I vaguely remember driving there. Well they ran some tests and it turns out I was in ketosis with a ketone level of 40mg in my urine,...should be negative if you're not on the diet. I had my liver levels checked at the end of 2018 and they had more than doubled and I didn't even drink the first part of this year.:eek: There were some other levels that were way off as well which is consistent with a keto diet. Also had blood in my urine that wasn't visible to the naked eye. Doctor said to stop right away.

Yah fuck that Keto! I have a bunch of friends that have tried it and lost weight. My question to them is what is all this cholesterol doing to your heart? Anybody with a brain can’t think that Keto is healthy. Sure you may lose some weight but it’s still taking years of your life. IMO.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope you feel better man...

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Yah fuck that Keto! I have a bunch of friends that have tried it and lost weight. My question to them is what is all this cholesterol doing to your heart? Anybody with a brain can’t think that Keto is healthy. Sure you may lose some weight but it’s still taking years of your life. IMO.

You can do Keto and not just eat bacon / chorizo.....but what fun is that?

GRADS

Reaction score

I appreciAte that. When I’m all better I will go into detail on how it really fucked me. Right now I’m doing massive blood draws twice a week to get my iron levels down

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Just started Keto. My wife has been on it for a month and has lost 20lbs. I need to lose about 40lbs and am in the midst of the Keto flu as we speak. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I’ll have to weigh in later, gotta hit the road

Last edited:

Demoman

Reaction score
I need to head out the door so I will go ahead and set todays password if that is ok???

Password is BOAT#245

#245 matches this post number so everyone knows password was set today

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Damn!! Sorry gents. I got a new phone so the reminder for the secret word got deleted.

Thanks for stepping up Demoman.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have been holding 197 lbs for a couple weeks now. Hoping to get to 190 lbs by next weigh-in.
20190305_143525.jpeg
20190305_142109.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk