WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***2019 RDP Weight Loss Challenge***

braindead

Reaction score
IMG_1759.JPG
Fuk me

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I didn't participate in this competition, but I'm down 22 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Well, I feel better atleast

Attachments

• 20190305_081329.jpg
    20190305_081329.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Also, I been doing keto for 1 out of the 2 months.

Haven't felt any negative side effects like Grads. Maybe it's not for everyone.

I do think keto is a bit more sustainable diet.

78Southwind

Reaction score
So how about giving us some more info @GRADS

Did alcohol have anything to do with your problems? I know drinking liquor can cause an increase in ketone production. Also, I remember you saying you had been eating a lot of crap before the diet so maybe your nutrient levels were already down. Then you kicked off a diet eating Keto. Did you eat high nutrient fat foods while you were on the diet?

I don't lose weight like some of the pros on here but I can lose 25-30 lbs on Keto with out having any problems. However, while I am on the diet I buy all organic, grass-fed and cage-free food.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
6999738F-B286-4FCD-856F-6982DEC60A65.jpeg
I know I’m a day late and it doesn’t count but that’s okay because I haven’t done that well since the last way in. I’m gonna make a strong push for our final weigh in.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
So how about giving us some more info @GRADS

Did alcohol have anything to do with your problems? I know drinking liquor can cause an increase in ketone production. Also, I remember you saying you had been eating a lot of crap before the diet so maybe your nutrient levels were already down. Then you kicked off a diet eating Keto. Did you eat high nutrient fat foods while you were on the diet?

I don't lose weight like some of the pros on here but I can lose 25-30 lbs on Keto with out having any problems. However, while I am on the diet I buy all organic, grass-fed and cage-free food.
I'd like to give you more info and I will when I know more, I'm still right in the middle of this ordeal. Something is definitely wrong, actually more like a few things. There may have been some underlying problems that were kicked into overdrive by the keto diet. One of the issues is my iron levels, they're sky high which makes sense with all the red meat I was eating. They're so high that the only way to get them down is to drain my blood.

EDIT: I will also add that anyone who is truly in ketosis will notice that their tolerance to alcohol drops like a rock. I'm 235 and I'd have 3 drinks and start slightly slurring my words and for that reason I drank a lot less on the diet.

I don't really want to be a downer in this thread so I will wait until I know more and post another thread. Good luck guys.

By the way I was 235 this morning.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a new CPU and might have misplaced the spreadsheet and might have to re do it. Give me until the end of the day tomorrow to post the winner from this round and pay out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a new CPU and might have misplaced the spreadsheet and might have to re do it. Give me until the end of the day tomorrow to post the winner from this round and pay out.

I smell a fix. . .

GRADS

Reaction score
Scratch what I said on my last post about being 235, I got out of the shower tonight and actually weighed myself.

DD08A5C5-1BD7-466C-A6F7-F5828A18047F.jpeg

15463BEC-CD5F-48D4-89BD-6C042930EC4C.jpeg

GRADS

Reaction score
Holy fook any of you guys doing keto, I urge you to rethink it. I've seen a few doctors after doing it and every single one says bad, bad, bad. Well today I finally got some proof. My liver levels were rechecked today and they were cut by more than half in a matter of 15 days...that is unheard of. The only thing I've changed is I stopped eating keto friendly, still drinking alcohol. :eek:

aScreen Shot 2019-03-07 at 2.43.55 PM.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
Holy fook any of you guys doing keto, I urge you to rethink it. I've seen a few doctors after doing it and every single one says bad, bad, bad. Well today I finally got some proof. My liver levels were rechecked today and they were cut by more than half in a matter of 15 days...that is unheard of. The only thing I've changed is I stopped eating keto friendly, still drinking alcohol. :eek:

View attachment 733845

How about you give us some more info? @GRADS What are we looking at and why are the doctors saying no to Keto? How about you go back on a Healthy version of Keto and stop drinking and let us know what the results are? I am not doubting you but I am sure there is more to the puzzle. I also don't believe Keto is right for everyone but for me it helped cut my Triglycerides in half and took me from a Hemoglobin A1c test of 5.9 to a 5.6 which dropped me from an increased risk for diabetes to consistent with the absence of diabetes. These are last year results where I didn't hold to Keto 100% of the time. So I am expecting that this year the numbers will be even better since I have been staying on Keto most of the time.

Healthy Keto is the key. You won't lose the huge weight numbers we have seen in these weight loss threads but in my opinion it will be a lot healthier weight loss.

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
How about you give us some more info? @GRADS What are we looking at and why are the doctors saying no to Keto? How about you go back on a Healthy version of Keto and stop drinking and let us know what the results are? I am not doubting you but I am sure there is more to the puzzle. I also don't believe Keto is right for everyone but for me it helped cut my Triglycerides in half and took me from a Hemoglobin A1c test of 5.9 to a 5.6 which dropped me from an increased risk for diabetes to consistent with the absence of diabetes. These are last year results where I didn't hold to Keto 100% of the time. So I am expecting that this year the numbers will be even better since I have been staying on Keto most of the time.

Healthy Keto is the key. You won't lose the huge weight numbers we have seen in these weight loss threads but in my opinion it will be a lot healthier weight loss.

Dr. Berg is the greatest!!!

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Crap. Haven't logged in in a bit. I missed last weigh in.
20190313_085517.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Damn... I should have gotten in on this. I started Keto January 2nd and have been following Dr. Berg advice best I can. Low to no carbs coupled with fasting. No alcohol with couple small exceptions. Feel like crap after one drink.

Anyway started at 236, hit my wall 2 weeks ago at 209. Need to do a 60 hour fast to kick it up a notch. Personal goal is 195.

Also using a product for lunches and just before workout called Pruvitt, it helps add Ketones and helps with the Keto flu. Stuff is like crack in all aspects including cost but really helps.

mobldj

Reaction score
this contest is all jacked up this year.

GRADS

Reaction score
This just showed up in my in-box @GRADS

I don't know what to tell you. I got tested again yesterday and now I am well within the normal range. But quite frankly my liver is the least of my problems now.

IMG_9008.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you. I got tested again yesterday and now I am well within the normal range. But quite frankly my liver is the least of my problems now.

View attachment 735444
Good to hear your levels are back to normal. I don't know if you watched the first video but basically what I have seen is that your levels can go out of range if you are not eating enough vegetables in the beginning of the Keto Diet. During my diet, I just try to eliminate sugar not vegetables. However, I try to mostly eat green vegetables because they usually have less sugar. I do eat tomatoes though since they are not that high in carbs and sugar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mobldj

Reaction score
I thought you were going to post up your weight and play on the side?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
i would have got my ass kicked,heart problems,gout.wouldnt have won a thing.next year im in.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Well, I misplaced the spreadsheet so had to redo it.

Sorry for the delay in announcing our 2nd round winner!

Demoman with 17.35% lost takes round 2!! Final weigh in is right around the corner! Hopefully we see a fight to the finish line!!

RDP.PNG

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This is a great illustration of just how shitty my metabolism is lol. Haven't ate a single carb since Jan 7th, no beer, no artificial sweetners, in ketosis all the time. Lost 8% vs guys losing 16%! Oh well....at least i know i'd survive in the wild without food for a few months :)

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
This is a great illustration of just how shitty my metabolism is lol. Haven't ate a single carb since Jan 7th, no beer, no artificial sweetners, in ketosis all the time. Lost 8% vs guys losing 16%! Oh well....at least i know i'd survive in the wild without food for a few months :)

Are you tracking calories?

Whats a normal day of food look like for you? (sometimes its the little shit thta you don't think about that will ruin a day)

30lbs show you are trying. Keep it up maybe try and shave 500 calories a day.....more water and gum when you are hungry.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Are you tracking calories?

Whats a normal day of food look like for you? (sometimes its the little shit thta you don't think about that will ruin a day)

30lbs show you are trying. Keep it up maybe try and shave 500 calories a day.....more water and gum when you are hungry.
Not tracking calories on this program as we are doing keto, but the portions are small. Tracking protein, fat and carbs. It’s on par with what I’ve lost in the past with counting calories though, I just lose weight slow as hell. 5lb per week in the first month but that has slowed down to 2.5lb per week now. A lot of that initial weight loss is water retention going away though. Feeling good and have lost a shit load of size, just wish it was coming off faster

GRADS

Reaction score
Good to have my body back back feeling 95% normal. I'm not sure if I hate this thread or should praise it. This weight loss challenge sent my body into a tailspin that has taken a month and half to recover from but it also helped me find an underlying issue that I had. On a side note, I weighed myself yesterday and have lost even more weight with doing absolutely nothing. I'm down 15 lbs. from the start now.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Not tracking calories on this program as we are doing keto, but the portions are small. Tracking protein, fat and carbs. It’s on par with what I’ve lost in the past with counting calories though, I just lose weight slow as hell. 5lb per week in the first month but that has slowed down to 2.5lb per week now. A lot of that initial weight loss is water retention going away though. Feeling good and have lost a shit load of size, just wish it was coming off faster

Do you think you could stick to the same plan but cut portions by 1/4?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Exercising as well? Even just a 1 mile walk everyday. Take you 15 mins and make all the difference.
Haven't been in the gym, been working too much. On my feet walking alot, if not we've been doing a few miles in the evening around the neighborhood.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
7 more days gents!!! Who is going to take home the prize?!!!

d4l

Reaction score
I saw this now so late to the party and not in the contest, but just wanted to throw out there that I’v lost about 17 pounds in the past 8 weeks or so. But the real fighter in our hone is my GF who lost almost 55 pounds since christmas and she is still going!
We have a bit of different approach to it where I rather try to convert into muscles while she wants to lose weight.
Im very impressed by her determination.

Good luck to you all, everyone can do it, its just a matter of how much you want to!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
All you guys just need to buy a mt bike, stop drinking alcohol, take some urban ice kratom, and ride your ass off.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Alright guys!!! Here we go!! FINAL weigh in tomorrow.

For the final weigh in, no entries will be accepted until 12:01am (4/9/19) and ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED past 11:59pm (4/9/19).

Good luck

The secret word (s) is Deck Boat At Foxes

GRADS

Reaction score
I was 223 today but I'm excusing myself.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 11.35.17 PM.png

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Here it is...wasn’t as good as I was hoping for but a step in the right direction. Was down to 322 but made the mistake of having 2 beers yesterday and poof.... +4lbs

57FD2DBF-AABE-4FE0-A97A-E08F81EE28CE.jpeg