WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020/21 gm 2500 lifts. Let's see 'em and how you like'em

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Once the right truck is located (found 2) and my dealer can get one of them, I'm looking for a level kit- 3/1" lift, but haven't ruled out 4-6" lifts. Right now, I'm leaning toward a Rough Country 3/1" with the upper control arms, diff shims, and clocked keys. This on 35's will fit under my breezeway, shouldn't rub, and keep closer to factory geometry with the shims and control arms than just a simple torsion key kit.
A 4-6" like a CST would be cool, but will require that I park in my shop, change the hitch position on all my gooseneck trailers, and maybe not pull one or two of them. Those are the downer reasons.
Who has a 2020+ 2500 HD on any kind of lift? Is the ride quality affected and how much? What's the best option for a level kit to 3/1" lift?
Thanks

81Sprint

Reaction score
Just my .02, but i just bought a 2017 2500 High Country, took it straight to 4Wheel parts as i am friends with the manager. We did a 3" level with CST upper a-arms and fox shocks, keys. Ride is great on the street, but bad vibration on the freeway around 65, caused by the CV angles. So i took it back, he added the Differential drop spacers at no charge just to get it right. Still no change. Now i am doing a suspension lift since i already put 35's on it and won't clear if i put it back down to stock height. He told me its rare that this happens but has been a bit of a pain back and forth, wish i would have just did the lift in the first place.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I messaged a buddy with a 4/1 CST on 37s to get an overall height. If its close, my 35s should give me a hair more breathing room in my driveway. I really like the 4"CSTand how they get there, seems a lot more durable.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Not a 2020, but I have the CST 4-6 STL kit on my truck. Set at 4.5” with 2” block in rear and Fox 2.0 Res all around on 37’s! The ride is AMAZING! I had the Cognito Level kit before and it’s nice, but ride was crappy compared to now!
Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Just my .02, but i just bought a 2017 2500 High Country, took it straight to 4Wheel parts as i am friends with the manager. We did a 3" level with CST upper a-arms and fox shocks, keys. Ride is great on the street, but bad vibration on the freeway around 65, caused by the CV angles. So i took it back, he added the Differential drop spacers at no charge just to get it right. Still no change. Now i am doing a suspension lift since i already put 35's on it and won't clear if i put it back down to stock height. He told me its rare that this happens but has been a bit of a pain back and forth, wish i would have just did the lift in the first place.

If you have not already you need to add the idler/pitman arm support brackets from Cognito! That is a must upgrade! I bet that helps or gets rid of the vibration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is my 2020 with a 4" CST lift, 37 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, & 20" Fuel Throttle wheels. The ride is still excellent. I wasn't sure about only going with the 4" lift, but now I'm so happy we didn't go bigger. The 2020s are YUGE trucks, 4" additional inches is all you need, in my opinion, to make it look cool and not like a boring grandpappy truck.
20200303_095613-01.jpg
Collage%202020-03-03%2010_03_38.jpg

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One more thing to consider... Take a long look at how friggen huge the wheel wells are. Certain wheel and tire combos will look like skateboard wheels on that big of a truck. That's why I won the battle with the Mr. and got 37s

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
One more thing to consider... Take a long look at how friggen huge the wheel wells are. Certain wheel and tire combos will look like skateboard wheels on that big of a truck. That's why I won the battle with the Mr. and got 37s

I went back through your thread on that truck earlier this afternoon and was hoping you’d reply, Thanks! That’s pretty much the stance I’m after, but need to consider a few height issues. Can you tell me how tall it is to the top of the cab, and the bed floor?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went back through your thread on that truck earlier this afternoon and was hoping you’d reply, Thanks! That’s pretty much the stance I’m after, but need to consider a few height issues. Can you tell me how tall it is to the top of the cab, and the bed floor?
I can fit in a 7 foot car wash. Does that help? Lol. If you need more precise numbers, let me know and I'll get the stepstool and measuring tape out. [emoji38]

HBCraig

Reaction score

A wife convincing the hubby of upgrading the truck with aomw.higj dollar bling?
F@#! It. I am moving the family to Arizona. ;)

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I can fit in a 7 foot car wash. Does that help? Lol. If you need more precise numbers, let me know and I'll get the stepstool and measuring tape out. [emoji38]

That's Perfect! my breezeway is 7'2". Thank you!

robby dmax

Reaction score
First thing I would not let 4 wheel parts work on my 70k plus truck sorry to say..
I just ordered the BDS coil over Conversion kit to get rid of the torsion bars seems that is the hot ticket to do on the newer HD trucks they make it in a 2-3 inch leveling kit and I believe a 6.5 inch kit.
And I agree Cognito Pitman arm support kit is fantastic along with Suspension Maxx front steering stabilizer kit and yes it works with the Cognito Pitman arm support kit.

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Just did the BDS Fox coil over conversion on my 19 Duramax. Awesome. Highly recommend. The torsion system was my only complaint with the truck. So I ripped it off and went coil. Kit comes with boxed lower arms and an upper tubular arm. Really like the truck now. Made it ride like a Cadillac instead of a 88 Toyota pick up.

robby dmax

Reaction score
Just did the BDS Fox coil over conversion on my 19 Duramax. Awesome. Highly recommend. The torsion system was my only complaint with the truck. So I ripped it off and went coil. Kit comes with boxed lower arms and an upper tubular arm. Really like the truck now. Made it ride like a Cadillac instead of a 88 Toyota pick up.

Glad to hear that.. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for😀
What wheels and tires did you go with?
Who did you have do yours?
Let’s see a couple pictures!!

robby dmax

Reaction score
Did you just do the level kit or did you do the big 6 1/2 inch kit?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
LSK suspension has a HD coilover kit that im pretty sure uses the existing arms. Should be a good bit cheaper and will ride very nice as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Englewood

Reaction score
I've recently had both BDS and CST. I currently have the CST on my 16 2500hd and it rides the best that any other lifted truck has ever driven for me. I'm a huge CST fan now.