WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Colt Python.. Yes Please

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Years ago when I was driving Armored car in downtown L.A., I was told to buy a big shiny gun so it would be noticed. At the the time when we exited the truck we had the gun in hand until we got back in the truck. So I bought a stainless Colt Python 6" as my daily sidearm and loved that gun. Well the dumb kid I was, I traded it off for a nicely built ford 390 to put into my '67 Mustang Fastback. I have always wanted another Python until I saw the prices of the used ones, but now for $1500 I can get a new one and as soon as they get more available I am.
https://www.colt.com/series/python_series
python.jpg

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
Beware, Youtube the Python and its problems. I've had my 6" blue since 1975. Well, I had, my daughter borrowed it and she won't give it back. She also borrowed my Gold Cup '70 series that I've had since 1976, she won't give that back either! LOL

jeepdog

Reaction score
Beware, Youtube the Python and its problems. I've had my 6" blue since 1975. Well, I had, my daughter borrowed it and she won't give it back. She also borrowed my Gold Cup '70 series that I've had since 1976, she won't give that back either! LOL
That's bad ass, she better still have them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Thanks,
I have watched the videos on it but still want one maybe on the next release they will have the bugs worked out.

zx14

Reaction score
Too big for a pocket, still nice tho

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What the hell could they do to cause it to have problems? As long as they've been making them and as simple as they are........o_O
They “simplified” the action.
So it’s more like Python 2.0, not the same gun as the originals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EBT531

Reaction score
They “simplified” the action.
So it’s more like Python 2.0, not the same gun as the originals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Figures, someone always has to mess up a good thing

sintax

Reaction score
You seem to have quite the collection, if its alright with you, i'd like to come over and borrow some as well :)

Tank

Reaction score
My dad still has his original Colt Python he carried at LASD for years. I remember that gun going back to being a wee lad and have always LOVED it. I was surprised to see recently what they were going for on gunbroker. Spendy. Wonder if this announcement will push the used prices down.

pronstar

Reaction score
My dad still has his original Colt Python he carried at LASD for years. I remember that gun going back to being a wee lad and have always LOVED it. I was surprised to see recently what they were going for on gunbroker. Spendy. Wonder if this announcement will push the used prices down.
IMHO if anything, it’ll push prices up because the new one is not the same gun...its built cheaper.

Anyone who wants a well-built Python will have to fight for an original.

Supposedly they removed 16 parts from the fire control mechanism, so it’s a Python in name only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tank

Reaction score
IMHO if anything, it’ll push prices up because the new one is not the same gun...its built cheaper.

Anyone who wants a well-built Python will have to fight for an original.

Supposedly they removed 16 parts from the fire control mechanism, so it’s a Python in name only.

Good info. Do you have a schematic on what they took out? That's interesting to pull hat much hardware out.

Seems a nice condition original Python is fetching 3kish. Think my dad paid like $500 new. LOL

pronstar

Reaction score

pronstar

Reaction score
That thing is still bad ass!! :D
Yeah but look a few posts up...Colt is recalling them, they have issues

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah but look a few posts up...Colt is recalling them, they have issues

Oh shit! Really? WTF?! Well, that will definitely keep the used market up then! LOL

C08H18

Reaction score
i don't have a python, but i do own a Dan Wesson .357 that is very similar. my favorite !

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Guess I should have kept my Python instead of trading it for an AR a few years ago...
I mean the AR that fell out of my boat off the coast