WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Dodger baseball.............

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
It's finally tiiiiiiimmmmeee for Dooodger basebaaaalll.....lol
Just 102 games short, a few months late, and a few fans short, and we're gonna have some games. Gonna be pretty weird this year. But something is better than nothing. I still think shit is gonna get shut down...I wouldn't be surprised. But hey, what the hell? Goooooooo Dooooyyyyeeeeersss. 😁

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The MLB has jumped the shark and is dead to me with their virtue signaling by allowing players to sport the BLM patches to show their support. I watch sports to get away from all the politics, but now they are feeding the beast by supporting the BLM which means they condone all the crap that has been happening.

I’m out for the season....and that includes basketball and football. Let’s hope hockey doesn’t go down the same path.

grumpy88

Reaction score
The MLB has jumped the shark and is dead to me with their virtue signaling by allowing players to sport the BLM patches to show their support. I watch sports to get away from all the politics, but now they are feeding the beast by supporting the BLM which means they condone all the crap that has been happening.

I’m out for the season....and that includes basketball and football. Let’s hope hockey doesn’t go down the same path.
I agree 100 percent ! My wife wanted to turn on the dodger game and it pissed me off . David price is a perfect fit for the dodgers . He can lead the riots on how whitey has held him down !

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I agree 100 percent ! My wife wanted to turn on the dodger game and it pissed me off . David price is a perfect fit for the dodgers . He can lead the riots on how whitey has held him down !
David Price isn't playing this season. He opted out. :rolleyes:

And the players have the option to wear the BLM patch or United We Stand patch just for the opening game.

Go ANGELS!!!! :p

grumpy88

Reaction score
David Price isn't playing this season. He opted out. :rolleyes:

And the players have the option to wear the BLM patch or United We Stand patch just for the opening game.

Go ANGELS!!!! :p
I know price opted out weeks . Major league baseball never should of got involved with politics . I would bet 50 percent of the league is players born outside of America . Jackie Robinson is the most celebrated baseball player in history . I don't know of any other player who gets his own day and everybody where's his number in celebration . Not good enough for mister Price ! He says baseball does not do enough to celebrate Jackie . People like Price are what's wrong with America .

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I know price opted out weeks . Major league baseball never should of got involved with politics . I would bet 50 percent of the league is players born outside of America .

28% in 2019.

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Stay the fuck out of politics and play ball and maybe more people will get behind the sport again.

F EM with their making political statements at work
Your Giants manager.. :p

gallery_xlarge.jpg

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
A ray of sunshine though...... on Tuesday Altuve and Bregman were hit in their first at bat. Springer was thrown at too.

I love it
I saw the headline and watched the clip. Was pretty disappointed bregman hit his jersey. I'm looking forward to them getting there's a few times this year.

That was on of the shitty things about the delayed season, made people forget the cheating BS.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I saw the headline and watched the clip. Was pretty disappointed bregman hit his jersey. I'm looking forward to them getting there's a few times this year.

That was on of the shitty things about the delayed season, made people forget the cheating BS.
Yeh. The pitchers did it in a way they wouldnt get ejected. I agree with you about the season. I wish it was a regular 162 so each team gets their shot at hitting them.

grumpy88

Reaction score
28% in 2019.

Honest question because I don't know how you found that stat . Is this what's on the 40 man roster of the team's or what's in the organization ?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Honest question because I don't know how you found that stat . Is this what's on the 40 man roster of the team's or what's in the organization ?
Read the first two paragraphs in the link I posted. ;)

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Although I agree with much of what you are saying.......it is pretty stupid. All I want is some entertainment and to enjoy the good ole past time. For the love of the game. Unfortunately this dumb ass world is headed in a different direction. It's a shame. Just do your fucking job that you are fortunate to have the talent that many others don't, and are able to make a ridiculous living off doing so......STFU and play...

X Hoser

Reaction score
Yea and the Angel's reliever Kenan Middleton. Been an Angel fan since they moved to Anaheim. NO MORE! If any Dodgers kneel I guess I'll do without Baseball as I have the NFL! I get it is their right, but it's my right to turn the channel if I don't want to watch it. Poiltics and personal statements have no place in Professional sports IMO. It's entertainment, where I go to escape all of the crap. Go Dodgers! (Have also been a Dodger's fan since the 60's)

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I read that they kneeled at the Yankees/Nats game....don't know the details. Honestly, if it was for the National Anthem, that's one thing....disrespectful bullshit....but if they chose to do so separately, to show solidarity and support, it's another. Much like on Jackie Robinson Day when all teams wear his number.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Sucks to read this. I’m ex military and I respect the right to protest. That being said there’s gotta be a way to protest and still respect the flag and the anthem. Sad our country has become so polarized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I read that they kneeled at the Yankees/Nats game....don't know the details. Honestly, if it was for the National Anthem, that's one thing....disrespectful bullshit....but if they chose to do so separately, to show solidarity and support, it's another. Much like on Jackie Robinson Day when all teams wear his number.
They knelt BEFORE the NA. They also had a backwards MLB logo stenciled on the back of the mound. See if they do the same at Doyer Stadium.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Dodgers and Giants are doing the same thing as the Yankees / Nats did BEFORE the NA.

Some knelt during the NA.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
And looks like only Mookie takes a knee for the Dodgers.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Betts was the only dodger that took a knee for the anthem. Dammit Betts.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Although I completely disagree....each person has their own opinion and viewpoint. And to see Muncy and Bellinger show support with a hand on the shoulder to their teammate is fine with me.
Yeah. Just frustrating. Just play the game and don't force opinions on either side on the fans. I love baseball, it should be an escape from the rest of the BS.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Yeah. Just frustrating. Just play the game and don't force opinions on either side on the fans. I love baseball, it should be an escape from the rest of the BS.
Yea....but the beauty of this country is, and what the flag and freedom means to me....is the ability to have the "freedom of speech" or stance of whatever side you are on. This is what makes me laugh when some of these clowns that disrespect and shit on the very flag and constitution that gives them the right to do so for their beliefs.....that's where their ignorance lies.....fuck those bitches...😂

Havazoo

Reaction score
Very disappointed, just play your sport and keep politics out of it. By the way you dumb asses, BLM don’t give a shit about Black Lives. What does that say to you when these people show support toward BLM, shouldn’t they know better.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Thanks MLB/BLM now i get to talk to my 10 year old boy more about how people think that if they wine enough they get there way and how oppression is still a thing for whiners. Sorry that i brought you up as a young man to treat others how you want to be treated with respect!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Yea....but the beauty of this country is, and what the flag and freedom means to me....is the ability to have the "freedom of speech" or stance of whatever side you are on. This is what makes me laugh when some of these clowns that disrespect and shit on the very flag and constitution that gives them the right to do so for their beliefs.....that's where their ignorance lies.....fuck those bitches...😂
True story.

People can have their options and I can have mine, dont have to agree with it lol.

My opinion, the hole thing Just takes away from the reasons I watch the games. Oh well, I'll still watch. I won't let someone else opinion stop me from enjoying something that has been a huge part of my life since I could walk.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Back to baseball mutha fuckaaass.....boom...let's get this beast offense goin!!!!

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Fuck all the bullshit. Glad MLB is back. Can’t wait for football. If you don’t like there stance don’t watch. If you don’t like the thread move on don’t bash it.
Yuuupppp....I've started these threads year after year for fun...both for Doyer bball and for CFB. Just a good place to have fun and talk shit for the boys....whatever team you like. The threads aren't for everyone...change the channel if you no likie...lol

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Yuuupppp....I've started these threads year after year for fun...both for Doyer bball and for CFB. Just a good place to have fun and talk shit for the boys....whatever team you like. The threads aren't for everyone...change the channel if you no likie...lol

Right. Take the political talk to the dungeon.

CFB?

LowRiver2

Reaction score

I can respect that but after working there 14 years and literally using my hands to throw out gangsters and Aholes, I can say a lot of Us Cops May be gone next season.
Every uniform Cop on Field level is SWAT , Bomb Squad and worked Metropolitan Diviisiom

I don’t blame the Dodgers but when you lose
a bunch of top tier assets and an attack hits , MLB will have no one to blame but themselves.
Many Cops left already to work MTA at 40% more per hour so it actually won’t hurt the Cops.
I’d wager fan crimes will be rising like the crime rates in the city (23% in two weeks)
We had one SauV stolen from Dodgers parking lots every game when I started in 05’. There were no cars stolen last two seasons.

Pretty sure that will change
Good luck fans, times are a changing