WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Ford Raptor shout out

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Just had to pass this on about Joe at Parker Motors/Ford dealership. Picking up my new Raptor tomorrow as he made me a deal NOBODY else to come close to. All around stress free and awesome experience. šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Does Jim Beaver still own the dealership??

Bajastu

Reaction score
Did they charge the dealer markup ?

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Do they all come with the 3.5 ecoboost now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Congrats and post some pictures. Seeing quite a few on the road these days.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Nope and even back of msrp. My Partner Kris bought one as well.
They are being smart. Making plenty of money, holdback money, and whatever incentive money. They could be closing in on a big end of month incentive as well.

So many idiot dealers around SoCal sitting on 19's still. I guess they don't know its almost 2021.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
2021 model will have a limited edition v8 option from the gt500. Predicted output will be somewhere around 700+ horsepower.

Congrats on the new raptors!

RodnJen

Reaction score
I haven't shopped for a truck in years. Next door neighbor just bought one, beautiful truck.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I haven't shopped for a truck in years. Next door neighbor just bought one, beautiful truck.
You're not missing out. Unless you know someone easy to work with, its as painful as ever.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Been wanting a new Raptor for awhile now. They drive so nice!
Just Torn weather to pull the trigger now that discounts can be had on them, or wait for the new v8 when it comes. Wifeā€™s 18 Platinum Expedition has the 400 HP EB......Honestly not that impressed, and has already had some warranty work done. With TRXā€™s 700 Hp, Ford has to as well to stay in the game.
How big of a benefit will be the new multi link rear suspension?? The current Raptor rides pretty great already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
2021 model will have a limited edition v8 option from the gt500. Predicted output will be somewhere around 700+ horsepower.

Congrats on the new raptors!

2022 model year is more like it. Lots of real world desert testing to get done. They first need to build a few more test mules.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Been wanting a new Raptor for awhile now. They drive so nice!
Just Torn weather to pull the trigger now that discounts can be had on them, or wait for the new v8 when it comes. Wifeā€™s 18 Platinum Expedition has the 400 HP EB......Honestly not that impressed, and has already had some warranty work done. With TRXā€™s 700 Hp, Ford has to as well to stay in the game.
How big of a benefit will be the new multi link rear suspension?? The current Raptor rides pretty great already.

If you think the current trucks are expensive wait until the supercharged v8 edition comes out. It will be limited production and way more than the standard trucks. Then you throw a 25k dealer mark up on it because it's the new hotness.

We all know your cheap ass :p isn't going to spend 120k on a truck so buy a 2020 now while you can get a deal and enjoy. The raptors run good they have an extra 50hp and 100ft lbs and I'm not sure if the expedition gets the 10 speed but that tranny is awesome.

Sure the next version will be a tad better but the current truck already does more than most people will ever need and the aftermarket is there if you need to go crazy.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
If you think the current trucks are expensive wait until the supercharged v8 edition comes out. It will be limited production and way more than the standard trucks. Then you throw a 25k dealer mark up on it because it's the new hotness.

We all know your cheap ass :p isn't going to spend 120k on a truck so buy a 2020 now while you can get a deal and enjoy. The raptors run good they have an extra 50hp and 100ft lbs and I'm not sure if the expedition gets the 10 speed but that tranny is awesome.

Sure the next version will be a tad better but the current truck already does more than most people will ever need and the aftermarket is there if you need to go crazy.

Your spot on! Can get loaded one now 6k off sticker. So 55-65k depending on options. The new V8 will be WAY over sticker for awhile. Donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to touch the V8 for under 100k for a few years.

Btw: the video of your son driving the Miata was Rad!

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Old School Low Tech = Best Service at Parker Motorā€™s. Here she is, In and Out & on my way home.
7A9A450F-022C-4BA5-A9F0-DFDE91CB87B4.jpeg

NicPaus

Reaction score
Do they have a fully loaded silver 1?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Your spot on! Can get loaded one now 6k off sticker. So 55-65k depending on options. The new V8 will be WAY over sticker for awhile. Donā€™t think youā€™ll be able to touch the V8 for under 100k for a few years.

Btw: the video of your son driving the Miata was Rad!

Kid did really good proud parent moment. I knew he would get it quick he's a pimp...lol

Took him out again Wednesday and and you can tell it clicked. No stalls , way better clutch engadgement and the best part was his car control of all pedals was much improved. Even had him working down shifts going into corners.

Taboma

Reaction score
Kid did really good proud parent moment. I knew he would get it quick he's a pimp...lol

Took him out again Wednesday and and you can tell it clicked. No stalls , way better clutch engadgement and the best part was his car control of all pedals was much improved. Even had him working down shifts going into corners.

What's the Red Button the steering wheel do ? OH NO Don't hit the red button :eek:

Joe mama

Reaction score
Nice truck! Do you live in CA but bought in AZ? If so are there emission/ registration issues you have to deal with?

I ask because of your screen name.
Yeah curious about this too.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

You prepping him to take you car out at night when your sleeping? LOL Just kidding, pretty cool!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
You prepping him to take you car out at night when your sleeping? LOL Just kidding, pretty cool!

He knows I would kill him and we have had the talk.Too many cameras and the wife and I would never roll like that...lol

With that said I would rather my kid know how to wheel a car and know they are to be respected vs. the dumb shit kid that steals dads Porsche and wrecks it with zero skill.

Plan is to build the Miata as a auto cross car for my wife and him. When he is permitted at 15.5 they will allow him on the track.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
He knows I would kill him and we have had the talk.Too many cameras and the wife and I would never skip like that.

With that said I would rather my kid know how to wheel a car and know they are to be respected vs. the dumb shit kid that steals dads Porsche and wrecks it with zero skill.

Plan is to build the Miata as a auto cross car for my wife and him. When he is permitted at 15.5 they will allow him on the track.

My son is already asking for me to teach him how to drive the Can Am. I'm down for it, wife not so much. I told her why not, he drives the boat WAY better than her! LOL

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
My son is already asking for me to teach him how to drive the Can Am. I'm down for it, wife not so much. I told her why not, he drives the boat WAY better than her! LOL

my son has been driving golf carts and automatics in parking lots for years. He has always just gotten it and I have trusted him with fast rc cars from very young and he has always been really good and-responsible.

I have a couple cars I wouldnā€™t let him drive there just too fast but I basically bought the Miata for nothing else than teaching him to drive and wrench. It doesnā€™t make enough power to hurt anyone...haha

I would be more nervous letting him drive a 170hp can am than a 130hp miatašŸ¤£

if heā€™s a good kid and you can control the action I say go for it. Start them young.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
my son has been driving golf carts and automatics in parking lots for years. He has always just gotten it and I have trusted him with fast rc cars from very young and he has always been really good and-responsible.

I have a couple cars I wouldnā€™t let him drive there just too fast but I basically bought the Miata for nothing else than teaching him to drive and wrench. It doesnā€™t make enough power to hurt anyone...haha

I would be more nervous letting him drive a 170hp can am than a 130hp miatašŸ¤£

if heā€™s a good kid and you can control the action I say go for it. Start them young.

Nice! Yeah my son is also super good with the RC cars like his Traxxas Slash or my XMaxx, riding quads and dirt bikes. He has all of them. He has always just been able to catch on really quick. Freaks my wife out! LOL

But my Can Am is only 120hp. But not for long.

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Nice truck! Do you live in CA but bought in AZ? If so are there emission/ registration issues you have to deal with?

Yes I do and dealer does everything. They drive the truck to Blythe to ā€œsmogā€ then back to dealership for delivery.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yes I do and dealer does everything. They drive the truck to Blythe to ā€œsmogā€ then back to dealership for delivery.

Well Damn, that's some impressive service right there šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ Good to know just in case we ever encounter a Raptor problem while out there.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
#cole trickle this thread cost me a chunk of dough. Been on the fence for about a year on getting one of these. Joined the Awesome Raptor truck, with gay V6 motor club. Do have to say this 450 Hp feels WAY more then the wifeā€™s 400hp EB Expedition. Feels WAY more powerful!!
The truck it self is Amazing. Ended up buying in Az Vrs Tx,Ga dealers. The drive from the Phoenix area to San Diego made me a bigger fan then before. The little motor rips pretty good If DRIVE it. Put your foot into it, pulls pretty hard. The ride quality is better then any truck Iā€™ve driven. Super pumped on it so far with 500 miles on it.

Attachments

• 67E47FC2-4F5B-4609-93A8-263AAF778F77.jpeg
    67E47FC2-4F5B-4609-93A8-263AAF778F77.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 252

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor. Theyā€™re selling well below sticker at many dealerships across the country.

Put the Raptor in Sport mode and enjoy it! And if you want more, get yourself a Pedal Commander and enjoy a lot more ā€œrushā€

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Iā€™ve seen pics of a TRX on the road and itā€™s VERY pedestrian and looks a lot like their Rebel šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

The Raptor still puts it to shame in that department and, since all that power really doesnā€™t help offroad the high HP trucks are more for street cred and ballers

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
#cole trickle this thread cost me a chunk of dough. Been on the fence for about a year on getting one of these. Joined the Awesome Raptor truck, with gay V6 motor club. Do have to say this 450 Hp feels WAY more then the wifeā€™s 400hp EB Expedition. Feels WAY more powerful!!
The truck it self is Amazing. Ended up buying in Az Vrs Tx,Ga dealers. The drive from the Phoenix area to San Diego made me a bigger fan then before. The little motor rips pretty good If DRIVE it. Put your foot into it, pulls pretty hard. The ride quality is better then any truck Iā€™ve driven. Super pumped on it so far with 500 miles on it.

Love that color. Some rims, some lights, maybe some bumpers and that truck is dialed [emoji106]

CanyonLakeDave

Reaction score
Welcome. Still loving mine more and more

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Iā€™ve seen pics of a TRX on the toad and itā€™s VERY pedestrian and looks a lot like their Rebel [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

The Raptor still puts it to shame in that department and, since all that power really doesnā€™t help offroad the high HP trucks are more for street cred and ballers

Iā€™ll be the first to say it:
As good as Ram interiors are...their exterior styling sucks ass.

The grilles look dumb.

Putting badges in the hood is so lame, nw GM is copying them so you know itā€™s bad.

Give me a 4th Gen or earlier, thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Congrats on the Raptor. Theyā€™re selling well below sticker at many dealerships across the country.

Put the Raptor in Sport mode and enjoy it! And if you want more, get yourself a Pedal Commander and enjoy a lot more ā€œrushā€

Better hurry if you want a discount! With the absence of a 2021 model prices are starting to get Stupid again. Most So Cal dealers are back on the massive addendums. Few months ago a X worker that went to a Ford store could get me one at invoice. Now, was sticker only. 5,10, upto 20k over was quoted. No way Iā€™d personally do that. Best deal I had worked out was in Texas. Was about 5k off sticker. But the truck had options I really didnā€™t want. And would have to pay to ship it. Flew into Phoenix and drove one back...fun day with my daughter [emoji106]

white tortilla

Reaction score
31CDE237-1041-4AFE-AD3B-FFC442CF90F8.jpeg

sweet trucks. I shopped them for about a year and couldnā€™t stomach paying over sticker. Finally found one I liked all the options on at my local ford dealer. Called them about it and he asked where I lived, about 5 min away, he was 10k under anything else I could find in 500 miles. they do ride amazing, especially on the SoCal freeways that have settled and the bridges that have turned into launch pads. The the motor screams. Feels faster then my 6.2 chevy that Iā€™m coming out of.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
ONLY bitch so far...... lack of wireless phone charging. Surprising our Expy had it two years ago, and this doesnā€™t?

I know....... ā€œwppā€

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
ONLY bitch so far...... lack of wireless phone charging. Surprising our Expy had it two years ago, and this doesnā€™t?

I know....... ā€œwppā€
Screenshot_20181226-192304_Google.jpg
My son has same color truck, just not a Raptor .

Runs2rch

Reaction score
View attachment 931941
sweet trucks. I shopped them for about a year and couldnā€™t stomach paying over sticker. Finally found one I liked all the options on at my local ford dealer. Called them about it and he asked where I lived, about 5 min away, he was 10k under anything else I could find in 500 miles. they do ride amazing, especially on the SoCal freeways that have settled and the bridges that have turned into launch pads. The the motor screams. Feels faster then my 6.2 chevy that Iā€™m coming out of.
Had a 2018 Raptor for a week. Couldn't stomach the sound. Picked up a 2020 Crew Cab FX4 with a 3.5. Building my own in a sense. Already threw Kings on it, wheels tires etc. The 3.5 with 3.55's running a similar wheel tire package is quicker than the Raptor was. I have to check curb weight.

We have a 6.2 Crew cab Silverado. 4wd on 33's. Its noticeably faster than both. All great trucks for sure.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Iā€™ll be the first to say it:
As good as Ram interiors are...their exterior styling sucks ass.

The grilles look dumb.

Putting badges in the hood is so lame, nw GM is copying them so you know itā€™s bad.

Give me a 4th Gen or earlier, thanks [emoji106]

Here's the TRX next to a Gen2 Raptor (not mine)...

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.33.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.33.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.34.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 8.34.29 AM.png

And here's a Rebel...

Looks like you get a Hood Scoop on the TRX o_O

031f8ebc70f9d1147f2d0814db4e5d4b.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Interesting side by side comparison. In my biased opinion as a Raptor owner, I was actually hoping for a better looking truck than that TRX appears to be.
Reminds me of a cheap work truck with wide rims and tires, not digging it, not for anywhere near the coin they're going to want, huge HP or not.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

Congrats!

Bad ass truck....love the color

I ended up buying a dual pad wireless charger. Removed the inner trim panel on the arm rest took off the cover of the charger and epoxied it underneath and snap the trim back on.

Looks factory
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Plug in the usb and now you have a wireless charging pad. Easy peezy cost like $25

white tortilla

Reaction score
Congrats!

Bad ass truck....love the color

I ended up buying a dual pad wireless charger. Removed the inner trim panel on the arm rest took off the cover of the charger and epoxied it underneath and snap the trim back on.

Looks factory View attachment 931974 View attachment 931975

Plug in the usb and now you have a wireless charging pad. Easy peezy cost like $25

Is that powerful enough to transfer through the leather? Seems like it would be to much room in between.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Is that powerful enough to transfer through the leather? Seems like it would be to much room in between.

I did it on a 2020 silverado. There is a spot in the arm rest console to place a phone. Plastic and rubber insert.

The charger works through both but its probably only 1/8-1/4 thick.