WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Lake Havasu Boat Show Cancelled

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
March 30, 2020

A final decision has been made by the Lake Havasu Marine Association to cancel its 29th Annual Lake Havasu Boat Show for 2020 due to the Covid19 pandemic.

It was determined that the reschedule dates of June 12-13-14 offered by Arizona State Parks because of potential extreme summer heat (over 100 degrees) and no assurance that ‘social distancing’ mandates would be lifted by then were compatible with conducting a boat show of the quality and size that has been the trademark of the Lake Havasu Boat Show for the past 28 years.

We regret the inconvenience and disappointment that this has caused for all involved. For exhibitors and vendors who have already paid deposits and/or made full payments for 2020 space, an email notification regarding the restitution process will follow shortly.

Looking ahead to 2021 and more favorable times, the 2021 Lake Havasu Boat Show is scheduled for April 9-10-11 at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4. In the meantime, be safe, healthy, and please adhere to CDC guidelines to put an end to this pandemic as quickly as possible.

Lake Havasu Marine Association

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
March 30, 2020

A final decision has been made by the Lake Havasu Marine Association to cancel its 29th Annual Lake Havasu Boat Show for 2020 due to the Covid19 pandemic.

It was determined that the reschedule dates of June 12-13-14 offered by Arizona State Parks because of potential extreme summer heat (over 100 degrees) and no assurance that ‘social distancing’ mandates would be lifted by then were compatible with conducting a boat show of the quality and size that has been the trademark of the Lake Havasu Boat Show for the past 28 years.

We regret the inconvenience and disappointment that this has caused for all involved. For exhibitors and vendors who have already paid deposits and/or made full payments for 2020 space, an email notification regarding the restitution process will follow shortly.

Looking ahead to 2021 and more favorable times, the 2021 Lake Havasu Boat Show is scheduled for April 9-10-11 at Lake Havasu State Park, Windsor 4. In the meantime, be safe, healthy, and please adhere to CDC guidelines to put an end to this pandemic as quickly as possible.

Lake Havasu Marine Association

Well that sucks. Although doing the boat show in June outside in Havasu was probably a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I think a bit premature to cancel vs. making it a tentative date. June temps are quite often very nice. And guessing won't be lifted in 3 1/2 months?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That sucks.. That's another show that is gone and now we are missing out on both for the fun and the $$.. :(.

I wish they would've just pushed it to fall..

RD

Riley1

Reaction score
Glad I was able to make it to the Laughlin show at least.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That sucks.. That's another show that is gone and now we are missing out on both for the fun and the $$.. :(.

I wish they would've just pushed it to fall..

RD
Agree Dave, they should do it leading up to DS in the fall. Same program just delayed.

sirbob

Reaction score
Sounds like the date offered by AZ state parks was June- I wonder if there was reason not to “offer” a fall date?