WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 RAM 1500 HEMI under 30K

mbrown2

Reaction score
https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram....e-county-b8ef21b60a0e0ae9196a13aebb7709b6.htm

They look like a nice truck with some good options if you could score it at this price.

Wifes 2014 2x4 Silverado has 49K miles and a 4x4 would be nice.
I looked at that same truck last night....my truck is good for a couple of more years..but that is a great deal! I hear what people are saying about HB pricing but I bought my truck there and got it that super low advertised price... They tried to initially low ball me on a trade..but I walked and they called me back 30 min later and gave me what I wanted on the trade..

2Driver

Reaction score
I filled out the contact me page for the advertised Rebel this morning.

A sales guy calls and I say, I have cash and want the specific model advertised and want to know besides tax and license are there any other fees.

Sales guy says he can’t give out pricing it has to come from a manager who will call me to discuss

3:30 no call back

Cole Trickle

Reaction score

A sales guy calls and I say, I have cash and want the specific model advertised and want to know besides tax and license are there any other fees.

Sales guy says he can’t give out pricing it has to come from a manager who will call me to discuss

I have dealt with them in the past.....They have a team strategy...lol

There reviews are really bad but they move a ton of vehicles.

Check out the reviews and reply from the dealer...seems like you could show the sales rep this and advised you want zero add ons.

https://www.cars.com/dealers/916/-huntington-beach-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram/

mbrown2

Reaction score
I have dealt with them in the past.....They have a team strategy...lol

There reviews are really bad but they move a ton of vehicles.

Check out the reviews and reply from the dealer...seems like you could show the sales rep this and advised you want zero add ons.

https://www.cars.com/dealers/916/-huntington-beach-chrysler-dodge-jeep-ram/

Exactly...you call them with the stock number and insure it is available and go down test drive it and buy it...all you have to do is print out the website page with the dealer price and hand it to whoever you are dealing with. Now if you want to further negotiate that price or extras then you gotta go through the "process" :)

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Exactly...you call them with the stock number and insure it is available and go down test drive it and buy it...all you have to do is print out the website page with the dealer price and hand it to whoever you are dealing with. Now if you want to further negotiate that price or extras then you gotta go through the "process" :)

Nothing better. Wear down bullshit.

boatpi

Reaction score
Thay stock so many units they have a secondary acreage on Gothard street nearby. Maybe 200 units there. I think they are co owned by a huge dealership in Chicago. An old friend of mine owns the land this dealership sits on. In 1980 when Chrysler almost went BK, they sold a lot of real estate. He is still laughing every month. Huge $$. If you really want one of those trucks u need to drive down, no one Will callback, they will all sell soon.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score

My son went there yesterday wanted the red rebel. They told him it already has the undercarriage spray on coating to prevent salt erosion $1500 bullshit move, then the dealer installed alarm, $995 bullshit $27 piece of crap that some bozo cuts into your starter main lead. They would not budge, he walked.

2Driver

Reaction score
Yeah fuck them. Im standing in line with $40,000 in cash to be treated like a lowlife by some lowlife.

LOL Ill go with my initial feeling, the trucks looK like old man from Idaho trucks anyway. :D

just_floatin

Reaction score
Dealers here in Arizona won't budge or attempt to match prices with HB. I am going to California Thursday for two weeks and if still on sale will try to a score a 1500 hemi for my wife. May need to finance for 4 months so dealer gets incentives then pay it off. Good to hear some rdp folks scored. I got all day to haggle.

Last edited:

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Dealers here in Arizona won't budge or attempt to match prices with HB. I am going to California Thursday for two weeks and if still on sale will try to a score a 1500 hemi for my wife. May need to finance for 4 months so dealer gets incentives then pay it off. Good to hear some rdp folks scored. I got all day to haggle.

The 90 day run around they give you is BS. You can do the financing. Even accept a stupid high apr. To get every bit of incentive money. Then pay it off the next day.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I just signed the deal on a new 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman, 4x4, long bed, white with a 6.4 Hemi, a few upgrades but nothing special from Dave Smith. I just wish some of our local So. Cal dealers would work out deals on the phone or through email. I don't have time to go in and spend the day dealing with sales people.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Yeah fuck them. Im standing in line with $40,000 in cash to be treated like a lowlife by some lowlife.

LOL Ill go with my initial feeling, the trucks looK like old man from Idaho trucks anyway. :D

Cash don’t mean shit to them. Dealers make less when they can’t add on shit in the financing. They get their money in full either way.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Cash don’t mean shit to them. Dealers make less when they can’t add on shit in the financing. They get their money in full either way.

Nope. That's why you play dumb get all the incentive money, sign the contract with a high apr and then pay it off the next day. They bend over backwards thinking how much they are making.

chvynhra

Reaction score

You still get the incentives if you pay it off on the first payment.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
You still get the incentives if you pay it off on the first payment.
Exactly. Dealer doesn't get paid unless 3 payments are made. That's why they give the 90 day BS stories.

boatpi

Reaction score
FYI: Now HB RAM-Jeep has Jeep Gladiators for as much as 9K off. They are good for IRS 179, 6025 GVWR. Friend bought a 2020 RAM 1500 last week at 10K off. FCA is blowing out old stock cars and trucks through 1-2-2020, company needs to look good on the books for its sale. They even have 2019 Wrangler Unlimited 4 doors for $26,700 wit ha V-6 and auto trans. I saw other dealers in OC too selling at 6K plus off.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
The deep discounts on trucks just goes to show how much margin the manufacturers have on these things.

I bought a new style Ram in September. I paid about $12K less than sticker, it was a demo vehicle with 6K miles on it but it was sold to me certified so the warranty made up for the miles put on it and whoever the hell had it as a demo babied it because everything was still covered in plastic inside of it.

A couple things I don’t fully understand about dealerships and new cars...

With the price of trucks being what they are these days why even bother with a base model truck? The difference in price between a truck with vinyl seats and no carpet vs a truck with leather, heated seats, navigation and etc is not that significant. If you’re already dropping 40K+ for a truck what’s a couple thousand more for a fully upgraded interior and nicer wheels?

When I bought my new truck the dealer had built
In the cost of “etching” for $1K, some type of interior guard for $1K, window tint $600, wheel
Locks $300 and a maintenance package that Covers 2 oil changes and tire rotation for $160. I paid $100 for the maintenance package and told them to f*ck off if they thought I’d pay a dime for all of their other add on’s. Needless to say I didn’t pay a dime for the add on’s, that stuff is a total racket and I’ll never understand why anyone would pay for that crap. Who would actually agree to pay for that stuff??

As far as MPG goes on the new Rams it’s not very good. I have 3:21’s in my truck and figured I’d get better mileage with those gears. My last Ram was a 2014 and had 4:10’s. My new Ram gets 13 MPG city and 17.5 Highway. My 2014 Ram did 2 MPG better. For those touting the MPG in GM being better I’m not sure I agree, I had a 16 Escalade between the 14 Ram and this one and the Escalade got similar mileage to my new Ram, it also required premium fuel and Grenaded the engine on me twice in 10K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You paid for that add on crap Boozer, you just didn’t pay extra for it. All of that stuff costs the dealer a few dollars, so even at $100 for 2 oil changes and a tire rotation, they have made money on the add ons.

To your question on interior trim, the answer is fleets, and people that don’t want to nickel and dime the price of their $30k truck to $40k with a series of options that have no value to them.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
The deep discounts on trucks just goes to show how much margin the manufacturers have on these things.

I bought a new style Ram in September. I paid about $12K less than sticker, it was a demo vehicle with 6K miles on it but it was sold to me certified so the warranty made up for the miles put on it and whoever the hell had it as a demo babied it because everything was still covered in plastic inside of it.

A couple things I don’t fully understand about dealerships and new cars...

With the price of trucks being what they are these days why even bother with a base model truck? The difference in price between a truck with vinyl seats and no carpet vs a truck with leather, heated seats, navigation and etc is not that significant. If you’re already dropping 40K+ for a truck what’s a couple thousand more for a fully upgraded interior and nicer wheels?

When I bought my new truck the dealer had built
In the cost of “etching” for $1K, some type of interior guard for $1K, window tint $600, wheel
Locks $300 and a maintenance package that Covers 2 oil changes and tire rotation for $160. I paid $100 for the maintenance package and told them to f*ck off if they thought I’d pay a dime for all of their other add on’s. Needless to say I didn’t pay a dime for the add on’s, that stuff is a total racket and I’ll never understand why anyone would pay for that crap. Who would actually agree to pay for that stuff??

As far as MPG goes on the new Rams it’s not very good. I have 3:21’s in my truck and figured I’d get better mileage with those gears. My last Ram was a 2014 and had 4:10’s. My new Ram gets 13 MPG city and 17.5 Highway. My 2014 Ram did 2 MPG better. For those touting the MPG in GM being better I’m not sure I agree, I had a 16 Escalade between the 14 Ram and this one and the Escalade got similar mileage to my new Ram, it also required premium fuel and Grenaded the engine on me twice in 10K miles.

What trim did you go with? 4 wheel drive?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Laramie 4x4. The only options I didn’t get were the sunroof and the 12” screen. I honestly think that 12” screen is a bit obnoxious.

All in all I’m very happy with the truck, the drop in MPG sucks but we only put around 10K miles a year on each of our cars so the MPG isn’t a huge deal to us.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Laramie 4x4. The only options I didn’t get were the sunroof and the 12” screen. I honestly think that 12” screen is a bit obnoxious.

All in all I’m very happy with the truck, the drop in MPG sucks but we only put around 10K miles a year on each of our cars so the MPG isn’t a huge deal to us.

We were looking at one with the 8.4 screen. Big Horn , 3.92's, limited slip, level 2, with the Alpine stereo. Hard to find a Laramie optioned right. Figured doing Katzskin leather.