WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
Damn,
RKT is up another 6-10% today, pending when you look at it... I am up 28% in a few days.

snowboat

Reaction score
Take a look at KIRK. I got in on the 17th @ $8.51. Look at it go.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I got on the Apple train this morning. My broke ass could only buy 5 shares though.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I got on the Apple train this morning. My broke ass could only buy 5 shares though.
Yes but look on the bright side, you're going to wake up Monday the 31st with 20 shares. 👍

GRADS

Reaction score
Ho Lee Fuck Apple.
giphy.gif

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Apple is sooooo close to $500. Doesn't look it will make it today

Carrera205

Reaction score
I got apple a couple weeks ago when I found out about the split.
Just cashed out my Square stocks and made 200% return then bought more apple.

hallett21

Reaction score
So the Fed is potentially making an announcement on Thursday about allowing inflation to exceed 2%.

Wonder how that goes. Sitting on the sideline 65% liquid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
RKT has pulled back a bit in the last few days..
Decision making time...
1. Buy more and hope it breakes new highs after earnings...
2. Hold what I have, risk the profits that I have
3. Sell now and protect my profits.

With the market doing so well, the third options is a bit more difficult, even though its probably the wisest choice.

Hummm what to do.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Did you miss a decimal point? $1.5?

negative news on the nfl testing. They were showing false positives with their product. I dumped all mine today. Don’t feel like going on that ride. I added to my apple.

Xring01

Reaction score
Picked up 1000 shares of PG&E at $8.78... Hoping for quick hit 5% profit.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Sit tight Mgm and mgp is running opk will turn son just some more my target price is always been 8 for opk Mgm is 24 mgp let it ride rrr is 20 make some money what your pick me banker

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Sit tight Mgm and mgp is running opk will turn son just some more my target price is always been 8 for opk Mgm is 24 mgp let it ride rrr is 20 make some money what your pick me banker

It’s in there and I gave an analysis of where it ran and where I thought it would be which is right where I stated. Down. Classic pump and dump which yours is starting to look like as well.

Personally with what I see in business consumer sentiment is down and so are my business profits. Not a fan of being long in this market. TZA has been my In and Out ETF.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

Turn? Wow. Down another 21% today!

Xring01

Reaction score
Back to my RKT story...
I got in at $20.40 cents on a 50% purchase... it jumped to almost $30.00...

Its pulled back a bit.

I just bought another 50% at $27.30... It promptly dropped .30 cents... uggg...

I will set a tight stop on it now... hope it goes back up to $29 arena and higher. They will report earning in about week. Based on what going on in Mortgage Refi's right now, I expect good things. If I am wrong, it will most likely wipe out the profits.

Xring01

Reaction score
Picked up 1000 shares of PG&E at $8.78... Hoping for quick hit 5% profit.

Just sold 1000 shares of PG&E for $9.21....

Quick hit... $430 ish... in about 24 hours.

If that bitch drops to $8.80 again, I will do it again.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Damn man can you share your translator for that guy with me?

Translations: Hey guys...you should buy this stock because I read about it on a message board. Unfortunately, I've lost money but I'm hoping if more people get into it, I won't be the bag holder. So I'm gonna keep pumping it as much as possible even though it's tanking. I guess the anonymous person on the internet was just a pumper like I am now.

Xring01

Reaction score
Take a look at KIRK. I got in on the 17th @ $8.51. Look at it go.

I hope you shorted it, cause its at $6.50 today.

Anyone else eyeing a stock they are about to buy?
I gots $$$ on the sidelines, that needs to put to work.

Kbach

Reaction score
Apple split 4:1 and Tesla 5:1 effective today. Funny part was the TD app showed the multiplied shares at the old price (~$500 instead of ~$125 and ~$2200 instead of ~$440) so my balance was amazing when I checked this afternoon. They've got it fixed now so back to my normal balance. For a minute I thought one of my dark horse picks hit it big all of a sudden 😂.

How's everybody else doing?

GRADS

Reaction score
Apple split 4:1 and Tesla 5:1 effective today. Funny part was the TD app showed the multiplied shares at the old price (~$500 instead of ~$125 and ~$2200 instead of ~$440) so my balance was amazing when I checked this afternoon. They've got it fixed now so back to my normal balance. For a minute I thought one of my dark horse picks hit it big all of a sudden 😂.

How's everybody else doing?
Yeah me too with ETrade. 😂

Cdog

Reaction score
Me likey EXPI...thanks @Cdog

I just sold 300 shares at $45.05. That covers my investment + a nice profit to go toward a new F350 platinum. The F350 is probably the real gamble....

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
LOF whats up with GUSH? My hopes and dreams are being crushed..... LOL

Here’s my thoughts. It’s not if, it’s when oil will skyrocket again lol. At least for the next 20 years until EV’s start impacting the world and not just performance cars.

Xring01

Reaction score
Here’s my thoughts. It’s not if, it’s when oil will skyrocket again lol. At least for the next 20 years until EV’s start impacting the world and not just performance cars.

??? What???
EVs have already had a major impact on the world...
Take a look at all European Auto Manufacturers sales numbers over the last 3 years. Even before CV19, the numbers where obvious.
The number one Brand of Cars sold in most European Countrys is a Tesla. Take a look at Denmark, Norway, Sweden etc. etc etc. Tesla has up to 50% market share of all the brands. Thats huge....

Combine that with 3-4 Chinese EV companys are all coming online in the last 6 months. Writing is on the wall.

I wouldnt invest in oil or gasoline at all, unless I shorted it.

It will come down to a Supply Demand equation.
The US is the largest supplier, and creating more supply. The Middle Eastern countrys cannot reduce the supply, or the economy's will tank. Therefore more and more supply is hitting the market, while the Demand is reducing, resulting in $45/barrell of oil.

In order for the price of oil to go up... Supply has to be reduced, and demand has to increase, until that changes... I cant see the price of oil going up at all.

But the best news of all. Those middles eastern country's are not gonna have much money laying around to sponsor terrorism. If they dont figure out a way to diversify there economy, they will be nothing left, but chaos.

But thats my opinion.

RCDave

Reaction score
??? What???
Take a look at all European Auto Manufacturers sales numbers over the last 3 years. Even before CV19, the numbers where obvious.
The number one Brand of Cars sold in most European Countrys is a Tesla. Take a look at Denmark, Norway, Sweden etc. etc etc. Tesla has up to 50% market share of all the brands. Thats huge....

Combine that with 3-4 Chinese EV companys are all coming online in the last 6 months. Writing is on the wall.

The US is the largest supplier, and creating more supply. The Middle Eastern countrys cannot reduce the supply, or the economy's will tank. Therefore more and more supply is hitting the market, while the Demand is reducing, resulting in $45/barrell of oil.

In order for the price of oil to go up... Supply has to be reduced, and demand has to increase, until that changes... I cant see the price of oil going up at all.

But the best news of all. Those middles eastern country's are not gonna have much money laying around to sponsor terrorism. If they dont figure out a way to diversify there economy, they will be nothing left, but chaos.

But thats my opinion.

All this appears to be a basis for future wars.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
LOF whats up with GUSH? My hopes and dreams are being crushed..... LOL

This, what @hallett21 said below. When oil pops, GUSH will pop. I have said all along that it was a long term hold for me... The upside is just too great. 52 week high was $2100. We are at $33 now.

I am glad I held on to my JNUG, it has more than tripled since my purchase. It had about quadrupled, then pulled back.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
??? What???

But thats my opinion.

Oil is still needed in a big way, and will be for the rest of our lives. EVs are not prevalent throughout the world, only in the world's top economies. Oil prices will spike in the next handful of years, just as they do every handful of years. What do you think will happen if a Democrat becomes president and limits oil drilling and exploration? Oil goes up in price. Democrats want all energy sources to be expensive.

The mid-east has been in chaos for centuries, and will continue to be in chaos. Terrorists have diversified their income streams, they are criminal enterprises. If oil dried up tomorrow, they would still exist and continue to be funded.

They have tried to torpedo oil prices, and have tried raised them to mess with world economies. They will continue to influence prices into the future, and as with any commodity, the pricing is directly related to ever changing market forces.

Oil is only 1/3 lower than it was at its 52 week high before the crash. Once we come out of this recession, GUSH will yield some huge upside.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Oil is still needed in a big way, and will be for the rest of our lives. EVs are not prevalent throughout the world, only in the world's top economies. Oil prices will spike in the next handful of years, just as they do every handful of years. What do you think will happen if a Democrat becomes president and limits oil drilling and exploration? Oil goes up in price. Democrats want all energy sources to be expensive.

The mid-east has been in chaos for centuries, and will continue to be in chaos. Terrorists have diversified their income streams, they are criminal enterprises. If oil dried up tomorrow, they would still exist and continue to be funded.

They have tried to torpedo oil prices, and have tried raised them to mess with world economies. They will continue to influence prices into the future, and as with any commodity, the pricing is directly related to ever changing market forces.

Oil is only 1/3 lower than it was at its 52 week high before the crash. Once we come out of this recession, GUSH will yield some huge upside.

Well the World Top Economy's, buy the most cars, that used to consume the most oil/gasoline.... those top economy's have shifted from buying Gas powered cars to Electric Cars.

If the middle eastern country's all get together, get Brazil, Venezuela and Russia all together... All of them decided to reduce the supply of oil. Then you will most likely be correct. Even if they do.... the moment oil goes above $55/barrel... West Texas will just start fracking more, resulting in more supply to the markets. Defeating the very purpose they where trying to achieve in the first place. West Texas is profitable when Oil is above $45, Russia is closer to $80, Venezuela is over a $100 awhile back.

Look what happened when Iran attacked a UK Oil Tanker in the Straights of Hormuz... What happened to the price of oil... NOTHING...
Thats a key fact, is a key reason, that I believe what I believe. It proved to me beyond a doubt that Oil is no longer the driver of the world economy.
The new driver is Technology, not oil.

Now you know why Tesla is trading at 1100 PE Multiple, Amzn, AAPL, GOOG, are all breaking 52 week highs week after week.. its not just because of american investors. Saudi's, Abu Dbabi, Dubai, UK, Australia, most country's in the world are putting there investment dollars into the US Stock Markets. We are in the middle of a CV19 global financial melt down. Yet our markets are on fire.

Truly, I have $$$ one side line trying to find deals in the markets. But to me everything is overpriced.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well the World Top Economys, buy the most cars, that used to consume the most oil/gasoline.... those top economy's have shifted from buying Gas powered cars to Electric Cars.

If the middle eastern countrys all get together, get Brazil, Venezuala and Russia all together... All of them decided to reduce the supply of oil. Then you will most likely be correct.

Correct, but it is going to be another decade before EVs become pervasive outside the coasts of the US where people can afford to pay a premium for them.

If what you say is true gas will remain cheap for eternity, and really leave no practical reason to pay a premium for an electric car. We both know that is not going to be the case. Nothing has changed in the last year except demand because of a recession. As we come out of it, the prices for commodities like oil will increase to where they were and beyond. The US before COVID was a net exporter of oil.

Xring01

Reaction score
Correct, but it is going to be another decade before EVs become pervasive outside the coasts of the US where people can afford to pay a premium for them.

If what you say is true gas will remain cheap for eternity, and really leave no practical reason to pay a premium for an electric car. We both know that is not going to be the case. Nothing has changed in the last year except demand because of a recession. As we come out of it, the prices for commodities like oil will increase to where they were and beyond. The US before COVID was a net exporter of oil.

A key thing, that I would guess your are missing is the Total Ownership Cost of the EV versus Gas.

If you live in Texas, or AZ, and your paying $1.50 gallon, its going to be very hard to justify the cost of a EV.
However if you live in CA, drive over 20,000 miles/year, are paying $3.89/gallon, also paying $250-$350/month in Fast Track fees, then the numbers add up in a hurry... ask me how I know.

Or better yet, Live in any European Nation, pay $5/liter.... BOOOMMMM... That typically when the light bulb goes on.

European total ownership cost is alot higher than american TOC... then factor in the New Car taxs' that are sometimes exempt for EV's . Some countries have 20% on top of the price of the car. Which funds the rail projects.

Buy a $50,000 Tesla with no tax or buy a $45,000 BMW or Mercedes with 20% Tax, and $5/liter of gas...

It all comes down to the math, once people see the math, its pretty easy for them to figure it if it works better for them.

In 2-3 years.
VW will have 4-7 EV's on the market
Ford, GM, - will have 4-7 each.
BMW has a few already
Porsche has them, but they dont count, due to the price point.
Jaguar Ipace is a nice ride.

Hyundai - has a few options already that are impressive

As I mentioned earlier.. China has 3 EV company's that I went public on the NYSE in the last 6 months.. They will be a low cost supplier that will force all the others to be very price competitive.

I think EV's will hit main stream alot faster than most think. This is a key reason why I will not be long on any Oil/Gasoline stock. Unless it was truly a quick hit. Take a look at the big boys XOM, COP websites... there core focus is shifting to Energy Storage, Grid Solutions, they are all diversifying there income opportunity's. They see the writing on the wall.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A key thing, that I would guess your are missing is the Total Ownership Cost of the EV versus Gas.

If you live in Texas, or AZ, and your paying $1.50 gallon, its going to be very hard to justify the cost of a EV.
However if you live in CA, drive over 20,000 miles/year, are paying $3.89/mile, also paying $250-$350/month in Fast Track fees, then the numbers add up in a hurry... ask me how I know.

Or better yet, Live in any European Nation, pay $5/liter.... BOOOMMMM... That typically when the light bulb goes on.

European total ownership cost is alot faster than american TOC... then factor in the New Car taxs' that are sometimes exempt for EV's . Some countries have 20% on top of the price of the car. Which funds the rail projects. What the hell just happened in that scenario....

Buy a $50,000 Tesla with no tax or buy a $45,000 BMW or Mercedes with 20% Tax, and $5/liter of gas...

It all comes down to the math, once people see the math, its pretty easy for them to figure it if it works better for them.

In 2-3 years.
VW will have 4-7 EV's on the market
Ford, GM, - will have 4-7 each.
BMW has a few already
Porsche has them, but they dont count, due to the price point.
Jaguar Ipace is a nice ride.

Hyundai - has a few options already that are impressive

I think EV's will hit main stream alot faster than most think.

A Tesla is a horrible example. A $50K Tesla is about the same level of luxury as a Honda Accord you can get for $30K. $20K buys a ton of gas. People buy a Tesla because they want a Tesla, not necessarily an electric car.

A better example is buying a VW Golf, vs a VW E Golf. Someone driving 20K miles a year will need a gas car, unless they plan their lives around charging stations, or can charge everywhere they go. People can do the math for themselves, to some it makes a lot of sense, to some it makes little sense.

I drive to clients all over So Cal and aside from buying an expensive EV with long range, EVs don't work for me. Most family's with EVs still have gas powered vehicles for that reason.

Regardless, oil prices are going to go up in the next handfull of years. When EVs become more pervasive, the cost to charge them will skyrocket as well. Government will not allow tax revenues or energy costs to be reduced.

The problems with EVs is the quick charging networks to support them. You'd need quick charge locations all over the place. Yes everyone leaves their house "full" but shit happens and people need opportunity quick charges. That is available today, but that infrastructure can't support 30% more EVs running around.
Those opportunity quick charges will cost EV drivers more than a tank of gas if they do not plan ahead.

This is all way off topic, but if another Democrat gets into the white house, Oil will jump for sure. GUSH isn't something that I will sink all my money into. It is a long bet, with really good upside if it pops. The only money I'd ever lose is the opportunity cost of putting that into another investment.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
A Tesla is a horrible example. A $50K Tesla is about the same level of luxury as a Honda Accord you can get for $30K. $20K buys a ton of gas. People buy a Tesla because they want a Tesla, not necessarily an electric car.

A better example is buying a VW Golf, vs a VW E Golf. Someone driving 20K miles a year will need a gas car, unless they plan their lives around charging stations, or can charge everywhere they go. People can do the math for themselves, to some it makes a lot of sense, to some it makes little sense.

I drive to clients all over So Cal and aside from buying an expensive EV with long range, EVs don't work for me. Most family's with EVs still have gas powered vehicles for that reason.

Regardless, oil prices are going to go up in the next handfull of years. When EVs become more pervasive, the cost to charge them will skyrocket as well. Government will not allow tax revenues or energy costs to be reduced.

Agreed, VW Golf and many others work for some people, but as you mentioned, they dont have the range the majority of buyers want. Tesla is pretty much the only game in town for people what want a range of more than 220 miles. Jaguar is almost there, but not quite as good, depending model for model.

I would love to hear your thoughts on why Oil prices are going up.
I laid out my reasoning, convince me other wise. I am not being a smart ass, I am willing to listen and learn from others, Especially when I may have the chance to buy a stock that can fund my future retirement. I just dont see the Supply Demand equation getting turned around, with so many countries economy's are literally on the line.

With regard to EV's/electricity costs going up.
Thats truly an discussion I am willing to have, because I work with the Major Utilitys in CA and NV, have built the substations at some of the largest renewable facilitys in the U.S. Just delivered the 2 Massive transformers to the Oso Grande Project at the Texas/NM border, pushing 320MW of Wind power into AZ. This is my world.

Right now, the price of Solar is stupid cheap. I agree you dont want all your eggs in one basket. I believe in more Nuke, and more Natural Gas Power Plants, with a 60% base load Nuke/NAT Gas, and 40% renewable type of grid. But ISO doesnt agree with my analysis, nor will they ever. There analysis is key reason why Ca had rolling black outs recently. If you go back on other threads, I predicted it would happen. Cause the idiots think they can solve the worlds problems with just Wind/Solar.

Back to the pricing of electricity. I can see inflation taking prices up, maybe higher tax's as Gas powered cars convert to EV's. Overall, Its not going to go up as much as one would guess. Now if Democrats take over the world, yes, prices will sore thru the roof, just due to mismanagement and stupid policy's.

Back to the math, it will boil down to what can a retired fixed income (social security collecting) person afford to pay. Once that price gets to high, Then people who can, just install a Solar System on there house. Problem is solved. I think TSLA is doing systems are .15cents/watt now... $1500/KW, or $15000/10 KW... thats can power some serious stuff.

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
Best August return in 30 years. Way to go trump. Made a ton of money in August. Let’s keep it going.

Xring01

Reaction score
Went thru my Watch List... Looking for stocks that I felt are not over bought. Which is very difficult to do in todays markets.

I ran across MU and BA, both are trading very close to the 50Day MA.. with some upside potential. Not huge upside, but I think its going to be alot less risk than buying over bought stocks.

So, I picked up a 50% stake in MU at $45.27... watching it closely...

May go into BA also with 50%....

Saying this, I will most likely exit all positions in my speculative portfolio by the end of Sept, due to Presidential Elections.

Lets see how this stock pick works out.

Ohhh... RKT is very close to its 52 week high, its $29.38 right now, hoping it breaks $30... if so, It can run higher.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well now you have 20 and they're still making money!👍
I have 40👌

Majority of my money is in stocks that are hit very hard by Covid-19.
So they should start making a comeback around the 2nd week of November 😂

Xring01

Reaction score
Went thru my Watch List... Looking for stocks that I felt are not over bought. Which is very difficult to do in todays markets.

I ran across MU and BA, both are trading very close to the 50Day MA.. with some upside potential. Not huge upside, but I think its going to be alot less risk than buying over bought stocks.

Saying this, I will most likely exit all positions in my speculative portfolio by the end of Sept, due to Presidential Elections.

Ohhh... RKT is very close to its 52 week high, its $29.38 right now, hoping it breaks $30... if so, It can run higher.

Yeah Baby,
RKT just broke $30... up 9% today,
That sucker can easily hit $33 before the end of the week.

Patting myself on the back right now.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Yeah Baby,
RKT just broke $30... up 9% today,
That sucker can easily hit $33 before the end of the week.

Patting myself on the back right now.

Holy Crap, I have been trading for many years now. I dont think I have ever predicted a stock, like I just did with RKT...

Opened over $3 dollars higher/ 11%.... Broke $34 for a bit, hovering in the $33.80 right now. Reports earnings at market close today.

So... If you have big balls and want to take a risk, then you might want to take a very small position today. Smart $$$ would wait till tomorrow, and see what happens after earnings. Its most likely to late to get into this one guys.

If RKT blows the doors off earnings, then jump in tomorrow. If not, wait for a pull back.

Xring01

Reaction score

MU is up 3-4% this am... It it gets up 5% profit from my purchase price, time to sell it. Another quick hit, and run.

As we get closer to mid Sept, end of Sept... I expect the markets to cool down, unless Senate/President pass another big stimulus package. IF they dont, then it will be time to short, all the high flying stocks that went Parabolic over the past 6 montHS.

TSLA, APLE, ZOOM, NFLX... those type of stocks... let me know if you guys see some highflyers that will come back down to earth. Oct and Nov will most likely be down months for the markets due the election cycle.

Xring01

Reaction score
Thanks for that tip on that one, I’m up 51%!! Shoulda bought more 😡😡😡😂
51%, Damn... you owe me a beer or a bottle of bourbon for 51%...
Well done.

It appears all that stupid tax I have paid over the years is finally paying off, or I am really lucky?

Xring01

Reaction score
MU is up 3-4% this am... It it gets up 5% profit from my purchase price, time to sell it. Another quick hit, and run.

As we get closer to mid Sept, end of Sept... I expect the markets to cool down, unless Senate/President pass another big stimulus package. IF they dont, then it will be time to short, all the high flying stocks that went Parabolic over the past 6 montHS.

TSLA, APLE, ZOOM, NFLX... those type of stocks... let me know if you guys see some highflyers that will come back down to earth. Oct and Nov will most likely be down months for the markets due the election cycle.

Another quick hit 5%...

Bought MU at 45.27, sold at 47.665... a bit over 5%, in less than 24 hours again. Did it on PGC a few days ago.

Wow.... What ever lucky rabbits foot is up my ass, well I hope it stays there...
I have way to many positive trades in a row...

What ever you do, dont listen to my next trade, its bound to go south...

There is no freaking way I should be batting 1000 lately.. but I am...

I posted my buys when I made them, posted my sells when I made them...

:):):):):):):):):)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:):):):):):)

BingerFang

Reaction score
51%, Damn... you owe me a beer or a bottle of bourbon for 51%...
Well done.

It appears all that stupid tax I have paid over the years is finally paying off, or I am really lucky?

Definitely buying you a beer! Ahaha