WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
I think I found a buy and hold stock.. that I like
Thats NOT a high flyer, over priced, insane PE Ratio.

WMT, done very well lately, trying to compete with AMZN

I marked up my chart. If Fed doesnt tank the market this PM, might buy a 25% share.

I see a 10% upside potential in the next few months, and 20% Growth if it maintains its earnings/PE Ratio. Could be 30% in 6-12 months.

Any Naysayers out there before I pull the trigger... Again, at 11:30 Fed speaks... So I am waiting till after that, just in case Powell decides to tank the market again.

225FC079-2EC3-4259-A97D-E0E57EA1D4AC.jpeg

Last edited:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I think I found a buy and hold stock.. that I like
Thats NOT a high flyer, over priced, insane PE Ratio.

WMT, done very well lately, trying to compete with AMZN

I marked up my chart. If Fed doesnt tank the market this PM, might buy a 25% share.

I see a 10% upside potential in the next few months, and 20% Growth if it maintains its earnings/PE Ratio. Could be 30% in 6-12 months.

Any Naysayers out there before I pull the trigger... Again, at 11:30 Fed speaks... So I am waiting till after that, just in case Powell decides to tank the market again.

View attachment 923047
I thought this crowd was too uppity for Walmart? 😂

Xring01

Reaction score
I thought this crowd was too uppity for Walmart? 😂

I love Walmart... You get to shop, get great deals, and you get entertainment at the same time.
I literally crack up everytime I go to Walmart.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Hopefully no one was holding any NKLA. Looks like maybe the rumors about that dude might be true

Xring01

Reaction score
Hopefully no one was holding any NKLA. Looks like maybe the rumors about that dude might be true

When the founder/CEO quits, there is a high likelyhood he messed up royaly.
I was watching that chart all morning... About an hour into trading, while it was selling off... somone big bought up a bunch of it, huge green volume spike. Caught my attention. Someone is trying to support it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Everything is in the shitter for me this morning.

bentprops

Reaction score
On March 24 I warned it would be a VU recovery, the V is in hold on for the U, depending on stimulus the next down leg should start by Sept 21 Oh and the U may take 25 years to complete in real terms.
looks like I was right about sept 21

Warlock1

Reaction score
I need to start checking this thread everyday, had I been doing that maybe I wouldn't have missed so bad... :rolleyes:

Xring01

Reaction score
Yesterday after the market closed...
Looked at PCG... saw it was at 9:83,,,

Imediately thought process... owe yeah, I am gonna short that bitch tomorrow morning, ride it down to $9.30 arena, then turn around and ride that bitch right back up.

Well shit... I guess the markets dont like the fact that Trump has CV19, My entire watchlist is freaking red, not one green... and right now, Pre Market PCG is -3%, So I dont know if I can work my strategy today.

UGGG...

OWE, was also planning to short CCL, Carnival Cruise line... , its down 4.7% pre market...

But there should be alot of other opportunitys to short in todays market...
Lets whats all the high flyers lately...
TSLA, ZM, AAPL, SQ, DFKG, RKT, lets find one with a good entry point...

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
It’s going to be an ugly day. Great day to buy though.
My precious BA finally turned it around yesterday and now Trumps Covid took right back down.

It’s ok I just keep thinking of what it will look
Like in 8-10yrs when I will need to sell.

Xring01

Reaction score
Wow, What turn around...
WOW,,,

PCG is now up 1.5%... If it can break thru $10 and hold it for a bit, then it can run higher.... which is why I have it as a long term in one of my other accounts...

If it breaks $10, and starts pulling back, then I will short that bitch in my day tradeing account.

Xring01

Reaction score
PCG is flirting with $10 again... Hits it, then backs off a bit, Hits, backs off a bit...

We are about to see which direction it goes... I am not afraid to play it long or short...

Holds above $10, then we go long,
If it breaks $10, then falls back down, then we short that bitch.
No doubt its consolidating at the $10 arena, gonna break one way or the other soon.

Who all is in?

Swing trades, that I am in.
I am also currently in ZM... I see a support level at $475 arena and resistance at around $525, with a tight stop at $467.50....
Therefore I am risking 2%, for a pontential 10% gain.
Hoping this plays out in the next few trading days, as long as the market doesnt melt down.

I have alerts on many other Swing Trades at the moment, when they hit my alert levels. I will let yall know.

Owe, and I just bought a 30%position into DKNG... Trading about 8% lower than its 52 week high. again, a tight stop, and a 8-10% ROI.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
PCG is flirting with $10 again... Hits it, then backs off a bit, Hits, backs off a bit...

We are about to see which direction it goes... I am not afraid to play it long or short...

Holds above $10, then we go long,
If it breaks $10, then falls back down, then we short that bitch.
No doubt its consolidating at the $10 arena, gonna break one way or the other soon.

Who all is in?

Swing trades, that I am in.
I am also currently in ZM... I see a support level at $475 arena and resistance at around $525, with a tight stop at $467.50....
Therefore I am risking 2%, for a pontential 10% gain.
Hoping this plays out in the next few trading days, as long as the market doesnt melt down.

I have alerts on many other Swing Trades at the moment, when they hit my alert levels. I will let yall know.

Owe, and I just bought a 30%position into DKNG... Trading about 8% lower than its 52 week high. again, a tight stop, and a 8-10% ROI.

Really, you really called that... no way... sitting at $10.3 right now.
Yep, just patting my self on the back a bit... ;) , Any short term traders on PCG should sell today, expect a pull back in the next day or two. It will probably go down to the $10.00 arena... test it for a few days, and hopefully break back up..If I can get in at $10.05 for another easy 5%.

For those holding long.. keep holding. I have PCG in one of my IRA Accounts as a long hold... I also trade it in my Cash Account as swing trades.

My ZM Swing Trade ---- uggg not moving up, as fast as I thought it would, getting concerned. I am positive on the trade right now, but $1.25/share. But if it doesnt start moving up soon, then it may fall, I may have to close this on early.. The moment I do, it will pop.. Regardless I have a 2% Stop on it. Hoping for 10% ROI

My DKNG Swing Trade--- have a full position at the moment. Its 30cents lower than my all in cost. I have a 1% Stop, hoping for 5-8% ROI.

Just need the market to cooperate a bit, and I will be sitting pretty.

By the way.. Did anyone watch PPSI today.
Holy crap, what a roller coaster ride that bitch was today. I had almost 75 trades in that bitch today.. for a $185 profit... ugggg
I was up pretty good, but gave alot back, because my dumb ass got greedy... One of these days I might learn my lesson.

CV19 times, have really given me the opportunity to up my game in the markets...
I have refined my Long Term Strategys, Developing a good Swing Trade strategy, but have alot more to learn.
Day Trading... shit I might just give that shit up.. Wow... its stressfull, I am probably down overall, on my Day Trades.
But my Swings/Long Terms, still have me way up...

I would guess since CV19 sell off, I up 90% on what I was trading with. I never got overly aggressive, just make good entrys/exits. Took the time to learn.

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Well, the Stimulus announcement, (DOW dropped 300 points, triggered my stops on a few things... which is a damn good thing.

I had to sell a few other things... that hadnt hit the stops yet....

FOR NOW.... I AM ON THE SIDELINES....

Recommend yall do the same.

Tomorrow is gonna be a rocky one..

Edited
Shit... Before Trumps announcement the market was up 300 ish points.... after he announced... down 300ish, for over a 600 point swing...

THATS WHY YOU ALWAYS SET STOP ORDERS ON YOUR POSITIONS....

Seriously, I was explaining to my wife that I lost a little over $100 today overall. But could have lost close $750, if I didnt have stops in place.

I am patting myself on the back today... wow,

Started off with PPSI up 400 plus percent Roller Coaster ride from hell.
Ended with 600 point drop in the DOW...

Time for bourbon for 5.

Fuck Me... this shit is not for feint of heart.

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
Well I am mostly on the side lines but this past week I'm watching the market moving back up. I want to hold off for a while but I'm getting concerned that I'm leaving money on the table.

Opinions?

Xring01

Reaction score
Knocked CHWY out of the park.
Before I bought it, I called my entry, My exit, my stop, the resistance it would hit.

Got in at $56 ish and it hit resistance at $65 today... iIf it pushs thru, then will stop out in the $66 arena if I get lucky.
Made some money, quick hit style on RKT and DKNG this am...

Best news of all my last 4 trading days have avg around $500/day green.

Getting the hang of this swing trade strategy and identifying stocks that are setting up for a good entry.

Just hope, I can continue this trend

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
DAL to release earnings tomorrow morning morning pre-market. Going to watch that closely.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Think I posted this earlier..
APHA- Largest Canadian Marijuana grower and distribution company. I started buying when it dropped under $5.00 ($4.95 to be exact) been buying on the drop to $4.45. It’s is up about 30% as of now. I’m looking long at $10-11

adam909

Reaction score
Well I am mostly on the side lines but this past week I'm watching the market moving back up. I want to hold off for a while but I'm getting concerned that I'm leaving money on the table.

Opinions?
id stay on the sidelines... Im expectijg the market to start selling off as people take there profits and wait it out till after the election.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
AAPL...been suggesting it for 6 years. If you listened you would of more than quadrupled your Money

Xring01

Reaction score
Knocked CHWY out of the park.
Before I bought it, I called my entry, My exit, my stop, the resistance it would hit.

Got in at $56 ish and it hit resistance at $65 today... iIf it pushs thru, then will stop out in the $66 arena if I get lucky.
Made some money, quick hit style on RKT and DKNG this am...

Best news of all my last 4 trading days have avg around $500/day green.

Getting the hang of this swing trade strategy and identifying stocks that are setting up for a good entry.

Just hope, I can continue this trend

FUCK YEAH!
CHWY broke thru the resistance of $65, bounced back below it though... uggg
It may hit as high as $67.50... I will not be in this position much longer... Best case is it peaks around $67.5

Its to late to get in now, wait for the pull back guys...

Hopefully the market cooperates today, It breaks $66, and I pull 50% out of it... Pretty sure thats my plan...

Took entry short term position on NIO, cause it pulled back to support line of... May buy more, may take money and run... we will see.

It may be hard for me to break $500 today... I want to so bad, but I must resist that tempation, or end up on a red day...

1602599568498.png

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
Well, I am out of CHWY... Sold 1/3 Shares at $66.19, hoping they would break thru $66.50. It didnt, it started dropping... And I stopped out at $66.05.

One of my better trades recently. It will most likely go up to $67.50 arena and pull back.... If it drops 10%, I will most likely jump back in.
As you can see from my above chart... When the RSI Indicator peaks out at around 80, it tends to pull back shortly after that.

Due to current economic settings, politics, elections, supreme court, I saw alot of down side..

SO I TOOK THE $$$ AND RAN TO THE BANK...

Now I am trying to identify my next Swing Trade. I have alot of alerts in my trading platform, hopefully one of those trigger and I see another set up like I saw on CHWY.

My NIO Day Trade is slightly positive at the moment, if it doesnt start moving soon, It will most likely sell off after Lunch EST... So I may be selling it soon..

At the moment, I am up $288 for the day... Not $500, but not had for a down day in the DOW.

I guess its time to start scanning my watchlist, and find something thats setting up... Back to work.

Xring01

Reaction score
This is a speculative short term play on RKT.

Been watching it awhile. Its has a support line at $23.06, draw in the chart... Which was also my alert on it. So I picked some up shortly after I got the alert. Waited for comfirmation that it wasnt going to continue dropping... Then picked up some more... Think the first purchase was around $23.12, and the Second was around $23.33 ish, for averate of $23.265... regardless of the purchase price, you can see my average purchase.

This is a speculative purchase, not a huge risk. I have a supper tight stop on it, I will hold it over night, Hoping to get 3-4% quick hit ROI.

If it drops alot, then I will buy another 200 shares for a longer term hold position.

Just sharing with you guys how I trade, what I am looking for, when I dont see ideal set ups, I kind compromise on stuff that I feel will have a up trend.

So for this trade, call is a 1:4 Ratio... 1% Risk, for 4% ROI for a very short term.
If that doesnt play out, then I may decide to buy more for a longer term hold... like a few days.

Per my previous posts. I dont want to hold anything more than a few days in this portfolio... Other Portfolios, yes... This is my Speculative Portfolio.

1602618392043.png

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score

Been watching it awhile. Its has a support line at $23.06, draw in the chart... Which was also my alert on it. So I picked some up shortly after I got the alert. Waited for comfirmation that it wasnt going to continue dropping... Then picked up some more... Think the first purchase was around $23.12, and the Second was around $23.33 ish, for averate of $23.265... regardless of the purchase price, you can see my average purchase.

This is a speculative purchase, not a huge risk. I have a supper tight stop on it, I will hold it over night, Hoping to get 3-4% quick hit ROI.

If it drops alot, then I will buy another 200 shares for a longer term hold position.

Just sharing with you guys how I trade, what I am looking for, when I dont see ideal set ups, I kind compromise on stuff that I feel will have a up trend.

So for this trade, call is a 1:4 Ratio... 1% Risk, for 4% ROI for a very short term.
If that doesnt play out, then I may decide to buy more for a longer term hold... like a few days.

Per my previous emails... I dont want to hold anything more than a few days in this portfolio... Other Portfolios, yes... This is my Speculative Portfolio.

View attachment 931714

Being very “green” in the stock market I truly appreciate these updates as they are very informative and give me a different perspective on how trading is done.

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Xring01

Reaction score
Being very “green” in the stock market I truly appreciate these updates as they are very informative and give me a different perspective on how trading is done.

Thanks again, keep up the good work!

Glad its helping, I have been limiting my posts, since I do the most posting on this thread.

I will update you as this TRADE, plays out.

Take a look at the Red Circles in this chart below.... It shows you my purchase points. See the blue dashs, thats my buy points, 100 shares each.

So... Why did I buy at these points.

My crystal ball sucks big time..., I set an alert at what I thought is the support line.. $$23.06 (white horizontal line, that I put there and set an alert on earlier in the day, (it bounced up twice at that point, earlier in the day, the chart timeframe reflects wallstreet see the above chart in my earlier post). As the day progressed, RKT went up, then started selling off and it dropped to my alert, and I started watching it closely. But it continued dropping a bit more below $23... It was trending down at that point, So I waited, an confirmed it was the $23.06 was a Support line.

Now take a closer look, see the green line, and the red line. Those are the 8 Day, and 21 Day Exponential Moving averages. I waited for the stock to trade above those lines, and give me a couple of Green Candles (now trending upwards). Which means, the stock is doing as I predicted it would at that timeframe. It dropped to the support line, and bounced back up. Repeating a previous pattern that I had identified, to the point that I set an alert, hoping it would do it again. It did, So I placed a 50% buy at that point which was at $23.18. (went thru my trade log to confirm).

Why didnt I buy 100%, because its late in the trading day, stocks typically sell off towards the end of the day. So I thought I got into a good entry, but I also thought it may go back down further. If so, I buy the other 50% at a discount below my first buy point. If not and it climbs upwards, then I have confirmed that $23.06 is a support level, giving me more confidence in my trade.

It continued to climb up, At $23.33, I picked up the other 50%, 100 shares, for a total of 200 shares, averaged at $23.265.

If you look at the beginning of the trading day today, This stock was trading very close to the $24 point... Thats what I am hoping for tomorrow am. That it repeats the pattern... Goes up in the AM, and slowly drops off in the pm. If I am right, then I will most likely sell RKT tomorrow am before 10 am at 4% gain.

Thats the in depth look at this particular trade. OHHH The important part... Today was a up/Green Day of $360... Its still moving a bit due to after hours trading.... But I am quite sure that my last 5 trading days are about $2360 plus or minus a bit.

For those of you who are trying to learn this.. First spend alot of time on you tube.. then open a PAPER TRADING account. Meaning you are playing with fake money, but in real time market conditions. Practice there, until you have the ABILITY's and CONFIDENCE, to play with your real money.

1602627935423.png

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

Per my previous emails... I dont want to hold anything more than a few days in this portfolio... Other Portfolios, yes... This is my Speculative Portfolio.

View attachment 931714
Damn dude you do some leg work...maybe I should do what you do.

Sometimes this how I feel when I pick my stocks.😩😂

tenor.gif

BingerFang

Reaction score
Glad its helping, I was getting to the point of limiting my posts, since I do the most posting.
I will update you as this TRADE, plays out.

I usually don’t check any RDP email thread updates besides this one because it’s the only thread on RDP where I could potentially make money.

Your posts are invaluable and I hope to buy you a cocktail some day!

Xring01

Reaction score
My RKT Update...
Well it did exactly as I predicted... It opened up this AM, and popped to $24 level... briefly...

But dumb ass m, didnt have a sell limit at that level, because I was focused on making money on NIO...

Which I did.

But RKT, by the time I looked over at it, it had dropped from $23.80s and was dropping, and I thought it will pop back up into the $23.90s, set a sell limit... It continued to drop. So I set a stop loss, to protect my $50profit. I got stopped out.

So instead of $100 ish profit, I had to take a $50...

In my defense, I made more money on Nio this am, but a trade is a trade, I should have set my stops, and sell limits, so that was my bad for leaving money on the table, especially when the stock did what I thought it was going to do.

BingerFang

Reaction score
My RKT Update...
Well it did exactly as I predicted... It opened up this AM, and popped to $24 level... briefly...

But dumb ass m, didnt have a sell limit at that level, because I was focused on making money on NIO...

Which I did.

But RKT, by the time I looked over at it, it had dropped from $23.80s and was dropping, and I thought it will pop back up into the $23.90s, set a sell limit... It continued to drop. So I set a stop loss, to protect my $50profit. I got stopped out.

So instead of $100 ish profit, I had to take a $50...

In my defense, I made more money on Nio this am, but a trade is a trade, I should have set my stops, and sell limits, so that was my bad for leaving money on the table, especially when the stock did what I thought it was going to do.

Nice prediction Xring! Going to try it again today?

Xring01

Reaction score
Nice prediction Xring! Going to try it again today?
Way to early in the trading day to make that decision...
I am doing my best to find my next CHWY Swing trade....

Thats what I prefer to trade, but I hate to say it, finding CHWY's is hard, because the majority of the market is over bought. The majority of the market is focused on 20-30 stocks at most, which makes those very volatile... Hell look at DKNG... didnt see todays action coming at all, opened up and dropped like a rock.

It might be a long play once it finds it footing, but it will be a true speculative play, with the way its been bouncing around.

Xring01

Reaction score
RKT Update..
The below is yesterdays, and todays chart to 7:55am.

Look at the $23.06 Line... it hits that line, and bounces up... Thats what I called out yesterday... It just did it again today...

I have a alert at $23.06... If it hits it again today, I may have to buy again.. WTF???? I think its just messing with me now.
1602687412269.png

BingerFang

Reaction score
I bought 2 Amazon one month ago at $3,158.85. Sold them both this morning at $3,395.19 for an easy $472.68

I have no idea what I'm doing and wish I could spend more time but my normal job takes up most of my day. Anyways, Amazon seems to drop down to $3,000 and then rally up to the $3,500 mark before dropping again. I've done this three times since April.

Xring01

Reaction score
I bought 2 Amazon one month ago at $3,158.85. Sold them both this morning at $3,395.19 for an easy $472.68

I have no idea what I'm doing and wish I could spend more time but my normal job takes up most of my day. Anyways, Amazon seems to drop down to $3,000 and then rally up to the $3,500 mark before dropping again. I've done this three times since April.

Binger,
Not to brag, but I got to... I bought AMZN when the market tanked for CV19, my first purchase was around $1780, all in around $1900, But I road that bitch to $3200 ish.. If you go back on the pages of this thread, you will see more details of that INVESTMENT... That was not a TRADE.

Anyway, I just marked up the AMZN Chart, to show you how I see it.
I have a support line at $3087,
I have a resistance line at $3494.

I set an alert at $3215 ish..

Now take a look at the RSI Indicator... look at the line that I drew at the 60 arena, see how it trades around that that line....up, down, up down..

Based on all this, it dropped $67 so far today... To me that makes sense, because it was getting in the over bought area, needed a pull back.
If it pulls back to my alert level, then I will take a look at it at that level...

Why, because its trending up big time... If i can get in at $3215 arena, and it goes above $3500, which is most likely will do, that gives me the 10% ROI...

So... If I get in at AMZN at $3215... I will set a 2:10 ratio on it...
Stop price at 2% Lower = $3150.7
Set a sell limit order at 10% higher = $3536.5

Thats how a "Swing Trader" looks at a potential purchase.
Know your chart
Know your entry,
Know your stop,
Know your exit,

All well before you make your purchase. Thats how I found CHWY..

If I cant get into AMZN in todays market conditions at the price I am willing to pay for it, then I will sit on the sidelines, and wait until I find a stock that does meet my guidelines.

Why... ELECTIONS, can create market turmoil, so I am alot more conservative under these circumstances.

DOPE>...DKNG Alert just triggered, gotta run.
1602692065100.png

Xring01

Reaction score
DKNG Alert, why did I set the alert????
Because I am trying to find the support line of DKNG, As you can see in the past, it bounced at that area. Is that line still the support line, or will it drop further.

Is $48.49 area,
Or does it drop to $45.28....

This stock is trending huge in news, blogs etc. etc... I believe that once it finds it bottom, it can pop up 10% pretty quick...

But IF I think the footing is at $48 arean, and I am wrong, it could fall all the way to the $45 arena... So now I am watching to see does it bounce up, or does it continue to fall.

1602692472178.png

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
RKT Just alerted

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
I got in at $22.97.

Please set a tight stop on it...
This is very speculative, pretty much a day trade,
This is not a true Swing trade...

BTW... I am also in But I am in at $22.96

1602694493700.png

As the trading day starts to get closer to 1pm, PST... RKT could also fade....
Now is the time to truly evaluate, how much your willing to risk, and for amount of gain you are expecting...

Its 100% up to you to accurately manage your positions, profits/loss....

GOOD LUCK, we may need some right now... especially with the DOW selling off today.

BTW>>> DKNG... It appears the $48.50 line just broke,,,, so it may drop to the $45 area.... I am NOT entering DKNG until it holds above $48.50 for a bit, or it establishes some sort of support area....

Xring01

Reaction score
Nice! I set a 5% trailing stop on it and only bought 20 shares so I'm having fun learning as we go.

I would set a 2%, maybe even 1%... Knowing there is a good chance you will be stopped out.

But at least you have a stop on it. Thank you.

In addition, we need it get above the $23.06 line and hold above that line, if so, we have a good chance of success...
If not, it could indicate that $23.06 is no longer the support line... It could become the new resistance line, and sell off further... Hitting our stops. Mine is set at 1% lower than my buy in price...Because if it drops below that point, it can drop alot further, especially considering that I thought the support line was at $23.06.

Charts tend to repeat them selves, but they always throw curve balls.

BTW... I had a great Swing Trade Set up on ZM, think I dicussed it earlier in this thread... Wanted in around $475 area, with a sell price of $525 area, for a 10% ROI... I had a 2% Stop... ZM Dropped to my stop price, sold me out, and imediatly jumped back up 20-30 cents... I honored my stop... I wanted back in badly, but I didnt, guess where ZM hit yesterday... $520... No one wins every trade... Limit your loss's, and ride the wins as long as you can.

1602695441394.png

Last edited:

Xring01

Reaction score
DKNG
This is what I am looking for...
Dropping to a point, and now establishing the support line.

1602697624774.png

Let It Ride

Reaction score
FEAC, HTBX, MVIS

i have some skin in the game with these, do your own DD. I also bought DKNG at $21.83 should have sold it at $62.00, but will hold until it jumps back up. Good luck.