WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

FishSniper

Reaction score
Market going to be up again today. I have no idea what the F is going on.....that is why I am sitting this out for a while. No rhyme or reason in this market and logic need not apply.

Good luck to all of you in the market.
I agree market makes no sense right now everyone is ignoring the unemployment and horrible earnings numbers that will be coming and only concentrating on the fact stuff is starting to open.

Xring01

Reaction score
I’m a rookie don’t listen to me. But I do know that PG&E doesn’t maintain infrastructure well. Likely hood of them starting a fire is likely. Will be a very bad look right after BK and can they afford another?

Just prior to the last round of fires in NorCal... Ca passed a law, that limited the financial exposure of a fire and the subsequent lawsuits. However that law was passed, but had not gone into effect. Due to that, PG&E was liable for a huge amount of money. The future fires, will not cost them as much as the past fires..

Now before PGE haters, think that is all wrong.... Think about it from a business owner perpective... If we are in red climate conditions, should they be able to cut the power in those areas, and prevent a potential fire, to prevent any daMage. Thats not the case, PGE was forced to keep the power on, that causedthose fires, even when they wanted to cut the power.

This is what happens when you have politicians writing the laws that regulate the utility’s. Politicians over regulated the regulations, creating the problems.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I'm ZOOMing!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Market going to be up again today. I have no idea what the F is going on.....that is why I am sitting this out for a while. No rhyme or reason in this market and logic need not apply.

Good luck to all of you in the market.

It’s going up because Russia and Saudi Arabia agreed on oil cuts so that stabilizes the oil market and I also think it’s going up because investors are expecting more stimulus money soon.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just prior to the last round of fires in NorCal... Ca passed a law, that limited the financial exposure of a fire and the subsequent lawsuits. However that law was passed, but had not gone into effect. Due to that, PG&E was liable for a huge amount of money. The future fires, will not cost them as much as the past fires..

Now before PGE haters, think that is all wrong.... Think about it from a business owner perpective... If we are in red climate conditions, should they be able to cut the power in those areas, and prevent a potential fire, to prevent any daMage. Thats not the case, PGE was forced to keep the power on, that causedthose fires, even when they wanted to cut the power.

This is what happens when you have politicians writing the laws that regulate the utility’s. Politicians over regulated the regulations, creating the problems.
I read CPUC put regulations in place that if PG&E can’t safely operate the utility that a plan is in place for golden state power to take over. A fire could trigger that stipulation?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BA is on a tear. Kind of thinking of selling some to take profit and buy back in a few weeks from now. Anyone think it will stay this high?

FishSniper

Reaction score
Sold some of my UAL this am. Was in around 19 out at 33. Still holding some.

El Rojo

Reaction score
Part of the reason why the stock market is still going up is because analysts use computer algorithms that use numbers and not emotions getting their data...no ones told the machines about Covid and riots I guess lol...

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
BA is on a tear. Kind of thinking of selling some to take profit and buy back in a few weeks from now. Anyone think it will stay this high?

I'm thinking the same...wondering how long it can keep going like this

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I bought some BC last week...doing pretty good today

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I bought into low fare airlines almost a month ago.
SAVE on 5/14 @ $8. That is up 117% currently
LUV on 5/15 @ $24 That is up 52% currently

SAVE has (to me) a lot of ground it can run up.
LUV is good up to $45-50 a share

Both are past the point I would want to buy in now.
Not everyone of my stocks are winners though. I’m down roughly 20% on some energy sector stocks-but gaining back ground slowly.

Really not sure of what else I want to buy right now. I think most of the big savings are gone now.

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
ZM 202 to 223.87 in 24 hours....I'll take that! Have a gut feeling that CZR (caesars entertainment) is going to go up tomorrow or/and Friday. I got in on that one at $6.64

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
ZM 202 to 223.87 in 24 hours....I'll take that! Have a gut feeling that CZR (caesars entertainment) is going to go up tomorrow or/and Friday. I got in on that one at $6.64

The Eldorado/Caesars merger is supposed to happen this month.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Quick thousand on boeing and dal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Nvm! 2k day.

Thanks AAL for adding to my profits today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HCP3

Reaction score
The riots made the covid fears go away. Pretty wild what is going on to say the least.

retaocleg

Reaction score
everyone looking at precious metals like the red headed step child...……..even though it has out performed the stock market...…….tisk tisk………...oh, and when the market crashes, as it always does, you still have it...…...you'll see, don't ever say nobody told you

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
everyone looking at precious metals like the red headed step child...……..even though it has out performed the stock market...…….tisk tisk………...oh, and when the market crashes, as it always does, you still have it...…...you'll see, don't ever say nobody told you
What’s the best was to buy metals?

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
What is everyone’s thoughts on Nikola (NKLA)? They make electric big rigs. Could be direct competition with Tesla down the line.

IPO was today, I may buy in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score

PG&E could be in trouble today. Judge will decide today if an independent examiner can look into the voting process.

Attachments

• CD2674BA-2860-43B9-891C-501F9D2EC47C.png
    CD2674BA-2860-43B9-891C-501F9D2EC47C.png
    515 KB · Views: 76

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I think once they get out of this coochi virus. Things will get back to normal, I'm hoping for $7 then cash out.
Sold half my SLL at $9.07 this morning almost triple what I paid.😁 will the rest go to $10

Last edited:

BingerFang

Reaction score
PG&E could be in trouble today. Judge will decide today if an independent examiner can look into the voting process.

I have a good friend in the power business that told to double down on PCG so I did.... let’s see where this goes... ahah

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I have a good friend in the power business that told to double down on PCG so I did.... let’s see where this goes... ahah
I’m in the power business, I think the PUC is done covering for PG&E. The likely hood of another fire is a huge possibility and fire season is going to hit right as they are emerging from BK ( BK might hit a big snag today)
not sure the stock is going to make huge gains even if it survives. Just so many other better bets right now. If PG&E can survive with this poor of a reputation it will be impressive that’s for sure.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I just watched The President speak on the Jobs numbers for MAY!! and the Stock Market numbers and outlook. The critics had our President and Our Country Dead And Buried several Months ago. They do not understand this is not the Average Man they are dealing with. he is a True Leader,and has a Plan,Target and Vision and doen not Waver. This Country is back on track to where we were before this Virus and the Riots messed things up. The fact thatthere some willing to use those two deals to Destroy President Trump along with Our Country is about as Sad thing that I have ever seen in my life. They have thrown every thing imaginable at him and us and His Leadership keeps everything on pace to Continue with his Plan and his Promises. His Promise to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!

The Stock Market is Screaming Again.

God I Love this President and my Country.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I just watched The President speak on the Jobs numbers for MAY!! and the Stock Market numbers and outlook. The critics had our President and Our Country Dead And Buried several Months ago. They do not understand this is not the Average Man they are dealing with. he is a True Leader,and has a Plan,Target and Vision and doen not Waver. This Country is back on track to where we were before this Virus and the Riots messed things up. The fact thatthere some willing to use those two deals to Destroy President Trump along with Our Country is about as Sad thing that I have ever seen in my life. They have thrown every thing imaginable at him and us and His Leadership keeps everything on pace to Continue with his Plan and his Promises. His Promise to "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!

The Stock Market is Screaming Again.

God I Love this President and my Country.
I agree the doom and gloom has been spread thick. All of these job losses really aren’t accurate, the job aren’t gone they were told to go home. Open up the economy and most employers will be calling the same people back.
yes many business will fail or suffer but not the massive numbers suggested.

Xring01

Reaction score
1591381568024.png

PG&E...
Look at that spike... 10% Spike... Huge Volume in a short period of time... Typically means one of the big boys is gobbling up some shares.
I like what I am seeing.

Xring01

Reaction score
I’m in the power business, I think the PUC is done covering for PG&E. The likely hood of another fire is a huge possibility and fire season is going to hit right as they are emerging from BK ( BK might hit a big snag today)
not sure the stock is going to make huge gains even if it survives. Just so many other better bets right now. If PG&E can survive with this poor of a reputation it will be impressive that’s for sure.

Covering for them...
Lets see... Before all this happened... when red flag alerts occurred, was PG&E allowed to cut power to those areas????
Nope they where not... if they did, they would get sued.... that my friend was the PUC Regulation at the time...
After a few fires, then they allowed the utilitys to cut the power during red flag times...

So prior to the big fires... Get sued if you cut the power, get sued if you start the fire. No matter what, you get sued... Thats a great business model isnt it.

PUC realized they messed up, and changed the regulations. Again, this a key reason, why Politicians shouldnt be the key people making these types of decisions, without industry experts advising them.

Do some re search on what happened to SDGE about 8 years ago on the Julian fires.. you will see everything that I am saying above is factual.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Covering for them...
Lets see... Before all this happened... when red flag alerts occurred, was PG&E allowed to cut power to those areas????
Nope they where not... if they did, they would get sued.... that my friend was the PUC Regulation at the time...
After a few fires, then they allowed the utilitys to cut the power during red flag times...

So prior to the big fires... Get sued if you cut the power, get sued if you start the fire. No matter what, you get sued... Thats a great business model isnt it.

PUC realized they messed up, and changed the regulations. Again, this a key reason, why Politicians shouldnt be the key people making these types of decisions, without industry experts advising them.

Do some re search on what happened to SDGE about 8 years ago on the Julian fires.. you will see everything that I am saying above is factual.

I actually gave a red flag presentation to over 100 people so I’m aware of the laws and a PG&E didn’t get into this mess solely because of them, a contributing factor no doubt.
im well aware, my former employer was involved in the Julian fire fiasco.
I have been doing tons of reading on PG&E, they have a tuff road ahead at the very best. I’m not saying they won’t make it but it is a risky bet indeed. Lots of other places to put my money in my opinion

I would rather not get into yet another back and forth with you. I just wanted to make sure you saw the above article so you could take it into consideration and make your decision as you see fit. It was not intended to sway your opinion, I was just trying to be nice, enjoy your day and your investment. Best of luck.

Xring01

Reaction score
I actually gave a red flag presentation to over 100 people so I’m aware of the laws and a PG&E didn’t get into this mess solely because of them, a contributing factor no doubt.
im well aware, my former employer was involved in the Julian fire fiasco.
I have been doing tons of reading on PG&E, they have a tuff road ahead at the very best. I’m not saying they won’t make it but it is a risky bet indeed. Lots of other places to put my money in my opinion

I would rather not get into yet another back and forth with you. I just wanted to make sure you saw the above article so you could take it into consideration and make your decision as you see fit. It was not intended to sway your opinion, I was just trying to be nice, enjoy your day and your investment. Best of luck.

Since you have some insights, quick question...

Its my understanding that if another fire is started by a Utility, there liabilities of that damage are capped at a low value. If my memory is correct that was approved by Newsome in late 2018...

Is that still a valid assumption? If not, then you may be correct, that PGE is not worth the risk.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Dumped a CCL a few days to early, solid day either way today.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Since you have some insights, quick question...

Its my understanding that if another fire is started by a Utility, there liabilities of that damage are capped at a low value. If my memory is correct that was approved by Newsome in late 2018...

Is that still a valid assumption? If not, then you may be correct, that PGE is not worth the risk.

that is correct but the way I read it is they will not be eligible if the Bk agreement isnt settled by this month ( forget the date required). And with the hearing today if the judge allows this independent investigator guy to look into the voting it may be an issue finishing the BK.
I see trading was halted today maybe the judge made the ruling I haven’t looked.

also I read that the PUC is ready to put control of the utility into golden state powers control ifPG&E demonstrate that they are incapable of operating safely.

if they pull it off you boys will make a killing and you will deserve it because it’s no small risk. Good luck to you.