WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Reaction score
FYI

for the sake of this statement..
if you were invested in 20 Major companies for 1,000 shares. Those stocks were worth One Million before the current drop. Now those same shares are worth $500k...

you still have 1,000 shares.........

I hope most people understand this.....

if everyone one those Major Companies are BK.... you pretty much have more problems than money problems.....LOL

Buy LOW!!!

Sell HIGH!!!

Invest more $$$$ at the bottom....

enjoy the ride....

So what your saying is, for every 50% loss, you need 100% return to get back even?

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
So what your saying is, for every 50% loss, you need 100% return to get back even?
C/D, you are a very sharp individual. I'm just a Roofer. I'm not going into a war of words, cause I'll lose everytime...LOL
What I'm saying, Im not bailing out at the LOW... I still have 1,000 shares in viable Major companies......
and I'll be adding more to my profile (that I dont know shit about and pay my PFA for)..

I do follow Dave Ramsey.....

My seat belt is on and I'll be riding it out...

I hope the BEST for everyone....

Reaction score
C/D, you are a very sharp individual. I'm just a Roofer. I'm not going into a war of words, cause I'll lose everytime...LOL
What I'm saying, Im not bailing out at the LOW... I still have 1,000 shares in viable Major companies......
and I'll be adding more to my profile (that I dont know shit about and pay my PFA for)..

I do follow Dave Ramsey.....

My seat belt is on and I'll be riding it out...

I hope the BEST for everyone....

I would hope there is some reward at the end of all this.

I've been a Dave Ramsey fan since 2002, when I had a two hour commute home from one of my sites.
I had already done pretty good with my money, before listening to him, but he was the one who push me into paying off my home. I probably saved $600-700K doing that, and could sleep at night. I don't follow his steps, but the first 3 or 4 are very important to provide stability.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Just loaded my trading account with 10k. But not sure where to put it yet. I haven't really invested besides my 457 at my work and I'm in vanguard ETFs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
There is no reason for stocks to drop any further even though I predicted to go as low as 16,000. :eek: There is a severe corrupting movement with the stock market internationally, and it will eat itself. There will be certain folks with a lot of power and money who take over the whole of the market, and drive a lot of businesses out. ;) :p:)

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I picked up some Apple as well as Home Depot today in anticipation of a Stimulus Plan passage.

Reactions: DWC

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
What does the masses believe is the best opportunity for stocks currently at less that $5 a share?

thetub

Reaction score
im no expert but looks like good time to buy...

18,000 or 17,000 should be the bottom and things are looking to turn ...

getting that gut feeling

Last edited:

MSum661

Reaction score
Markets could halt anytime now with the "limit UP" rule.
S&P 7% is enough to halt the markets.
6.92% now on the DOW

Nice.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Just went in 250 shares of MGM. already up 2 dollars from yesterday.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
GUSH did a reverse split had 5000 shares....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
GUSH did a reverse split had 5000 shares....

What does this mean. I am also a shareholder in that, just not sure what the reverse split means. You thoughts on good or bad?

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's good.

"Reverse stock splits boost a company's share price. A higher share price is usually good, but the increase that comes from a reverse split is mostly an accounting trick. The company isn't any more valuable than it was before the reverse split. Whatever value it has is just distributed over fewer shares of stock, thus increasing the price. A reverse split can sometimes save a stock sinking in value from a delisting."

"Although a reverse stock split can improve share price over the short term, it is important to remember that the market capitalization of the company has not changed. With that in mind, some experts consider a reverse stock split nothing more than a distraction to assuage investors during times of corporate uncertainty."

Carrera205

Reaction score
Bought some more Vangaurd Value (VTV). 82 per share right now and historically performs well if your looking for some ETF's

thetub

Reaction score
im no expert , but these politicians on both sides will never let the market crash or stay low for very long

you know why ? not that care about the economy or the worker , but that THEIR own investments are tied to the stock market.

Carrera205

Reaction score
American express is low. AXP. has had good growth since 2018. More volatile but it might be worth grabbing while its cheap? I picked up some of those.

EBT531

Reaction score
What does this mean. I am also a shareholder in that, just not sure what the reverse split means. You thoughts on good or bad?

Its bad. Most times its done to avoid being delisted due to a falling stock price

Warlock1

Reaction score
What brokerage firm would you guys suggest opening an account with? I have looked at TD Ameritrade, Fidelity and Schwab.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Now thats what I call a powerful snapback.....

I believe things are turning around. Think of a big ship in the ocean....it doesn't turn on a dime like a Sea Doo.....It is going to take time to get this all starightened out but signs to me are pointing positive.

You guys need to have some kind of a strategy......If not you might as well throw darts

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Its bad. Most times its done to avoid being delisted due to a falling stock price

If you are buying GUSH, this is exactly what we want. It has been battered, not a 0, but it can only go up. It will take a little while to do so. It went up 30% today, but it is not a day trading play.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I believe things are turning around. Think of a big ship in the ocean....it doesn't turn on a dime like a Sea Doo.....It is going to take time to get this all starightened out but signs to me are pointing positive.

You guys need to have some kind of a strategy......If not you might as well throw darts

Threw a bunch down on QQQ mid day. It was up 7.75% today. I caught about half of that gain.

Moved the chips around on my 401k to battered large cap funds and a health services fund. We will see how this rolls.

I still need to talk to my adviser to see what his plan is for everything else.

BingerFang

Reaction score

I'm new, do you mind sharing your strategy?

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I think I did around 40 trades today. Held JNUG and SPXL yesterday overnight so I woke up with nice gains. Sold those and then started trading TZA, SPXS, JNUG, SPXL, and everything in between. Been a good couple of days. I've been buying shares here and there in my IRA's as well for long term. This has been fun. :)

I think gold will continue to go up with the dollar weakening as the stimulus plan is rolled out so I have been holding on to some shares of JNUG.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'm new, do you mind sharing your strategy?

Myself and my financial advisor follow the Buffett model. Read up on that and it will help.

first step is for you to do a risk analysis.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why wait til November? The new unemployment numbers come out this Thursday.

I was referring to GUSH specifically, since Biden wants no more oil drilling. Thursday might be another buying opportunity.

bentprops

Reaction score
Gold is not an investment. Its a store of value. You trade your toilet paper with ink on it for something that's real. Gold is insurance against a failing currency. And they all fail at some point. I know it's hard to understand but you can't compare assets to toilet paper, "USD"\ You have to compare assets to assets. just google gold to dow ratio. gold to silver ratio. This is not the bottom. it will look like this VU, right now we maybe at the bottom of the V, it may rebound to 25k on the dow, Then we will start the downward side of the U, this is going to play out over a few years and end up a lot lower in real terms. If you feel compelled to buy forcus on companies that have a profit and a solid balance sheet. Chevron Exxon mobile. Even if these go down further they will come back. American airline and carnival are not good.im really heavy into miners right now. Yes they are down and they were also down in 1929 2001 2008. each time they one the race up. Again Gold, Silver and Miners. silver will out preform gold 2x we are already in recession. most likely it will be a depression . When people realize this virus is real we will start the down side of the U.

Please understand im not a financial adviser and I am not making recommendations. I enjoy economics and understanding how this stuff works very well. My biggest fear is what happens when the pensions blow up and the cops find out they aren't getting what they were promised. For more info look up George Gammon on you tube. He make it all pretty simple.

Carrera205

Reaction score
Even if there was a recession history is proof that the market will improve eventually. I'm buying in value and letting it ride. As far as this virus its my personal belief that its being made out to be much worse than it is. Drunk drivers and cigarettes will probably claim more lives this year than this virus will.

MSum661

Reaction score
FORD downgraded to "Junk" Status by S&P and Moody's.

I'd consider an entry point around $1.00 for shits and giggles. JMO. (Not intended as Investment advice)