WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

Xring01

Reaction score
BYND is doing very well for me today...
I am beginning to think its getting into the over valued territory... but I thought the same thing about NFLX years ago...

How high can it go???? Wish I new the answer.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Damn. Good play

I’ve said this before, but I think I’m going to hold it for the medium to long term and wait for a pop during the next drama surrounding oil, whenever that happens.

If you look at the highs from the last couple years, the upside is ridiculous. Keep in mind it is only a 2x return now though, previously is was a 3x return.

If my current position ever hits the 2 year high again, it would be worth like $4M or something stupid like that. If it ever gets back to the 52 week high it would be $750k.

I’m willing to pay to see what happens at this point. That said, given the price history, the cost of entry is still seems pretty low.

If it drops below $40 again I will put some more in.

procraftkev

Reaction score
Didn't GUSH have 1/40 split If that is the case wouldnt is make sense that around the hundred dollar mark that would equal that $4000 dollar high. Maybe I missed something?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I am still heavy into GUSH as well. Much like LOF, if it goes back to the anywhere near its previous high, I am going to be in a really good spot. I am in it for the long haul unless something VERY weird happens!

I played with CEI about a year ago with great results, and it has since flat lined until last week, and its making a move up again. Not sure what to think of that just yet, I need to take a dive into that.

Last edited:

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Didn't GUSH have 1/40 split If that is the case wouldnt is make sense that around the hundred dollar mark that would equal that $4000 dollar high. Maybe I missed something?

It did. I think I had 40 shares and lost them all. Not sure how the splits work or what it means but I lost all my shares and then got charged some stupid fee for it lol

BajaT

Reaction score
Crazy
Screenshot_20200608-104508_Finance.jpg

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Was going to ask if you planned on buying more right now or not. I am up in the air. If it hits the high, the prices now are a drop in the bucket. Not sure if I should buy some more now or wait a bit.

procraftkev

Reaction score
Was going to ask if you planned on buying more right now or not. I am up in the air. If it hits the high, the prices now are a drop in the bucket. Not sure if I should buy some more now or wait a bit.
I have 50 shares thinking about another 25 would be good.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It did have a reverse split, and those numbers I referenced seem to be accurate.

Recall the split or reverse split does not change the aggregate value of your position. I had like 9000 shares at .40 or so, and that went to around 250 shares at around $13 or something. The amount of money in the position didn’t change.

At the current reverse split share price the 2 year high stock price would have been $18k. As the price goes back up I’d suspect it will start to split again.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It did. I think I had 40 shares and lost them all. Not sure how the splits work or what it means but I lost all my shares and then got charged some stupid fee for it lol

Yea that was a bummer, but you lost like $20 right? You had made a mistake on the purchase and not bought enough shares if I recall. In the reverse split you had less than 1 share?

procraftkev

Reaction score
It did have a reverse split, and those numbers I referenced seem to be accurate.

Recall the split or reverse split does not change the aggregate value of your position. I had like 9000 shares at .40 or so, and that went to around 250 shares at around $13 or something. The amount of money in the position didn’t change.

At the current reverse split share price the 2 year high stock price would have been $18k. As the price goes back up I’d suspect it will start to split again.
Got it thank you for the info.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Whoa what a day!!!! Was gonna go heavier into Nikola (NKLA) today, but woke up and saw it shot through the roof. Glad I bought in at $35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Yea that was a bummer, but you lost like $20 right? You had made a mistake on the purchase and not bought enough shares if I recall. In the reverse split you had less than 1 share?

Yeah correct. Currently have 25 shares and thinking I’d like at least 50 or so.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
So, when this thread started...against my better judgement, I transferred $1000 into my Fidelity acct. I scooped up son UAVS, at a bit over a buck, watched it go over $5, then got halted and reopened around $2. Meh. Also rode WKHS up about 10% and then dumped it. Bought some BC at $57 and sold this morning at $63.

Balance is $1428 right now. Could be worse. I have to let the money catch up for a few days So they don’t sit me in the corner....

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
What’s up with BA ? Every time I think it’s time to cash out it keeps going up. Not complaining but don’t want to miss the exit either.

HCP3

Reaction score
What’s up with BA ? Every time I think it’s time to cash out it keeps going up. Not complaining but don’t want to miss the exit either.

Nothing other than optimism with the states opening up. Look at airlines, cruises, gaming, and hotels. All are making huge gains.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation with a couple I’m holding. Sold out some United at 33 and debating when to unload the rest in my shorter term account gonna keep holding shares in IRA. Also have some GUSH that I got in the high 30’s and it’s been on a terror also.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
DAL has been great for me to this point. Bought it at damn near the bottom!

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Nothing other than optimism with the states opening up. Look at airlines, cruises, gaming, and hotels. All are making huge gains.

I pulled out all my airline stocks.
Cashed out a 206% gain on SAVE and 57% gain on LUV. I think there will be some sell off as investors look to take some profits.
Was in about $7000 between those two, now over 20K ready to reinvest.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Yeah I’m starting to wonder if I should pull out some profit. I started with $19,500 and I’m at $31,000 now in only 3 months.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Yeah I’m starting to wonder if I should pull out some profit. I started with $19,500 and I’m at $31,000 now in only 3 months.

Recent article I was reading made my decision to pull. Had nothing to do with today’s market, just more along the lines of general investing. To me it was a sure win. Yes, it might be short of what could have been. But it’s also not “could have been” also!!
Now I can sit back and watch, if it comes up a few $ and I want to reinvest I can, if it falls I can reinvent also and buy more with my gains. But this way it’s tangible and I can watch what happens without skin in the game.
I think investors are going to cash out some of this run up. So by saying that—all stocks will take off. If I left my $$ in the market would tank!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
So HTZ files BK, goes down to 78cents last Monday and at $6.84 after hours. Think about that for a minute and tell me what’s wrong with this market.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Got 200 shares of BA and 2 contracts of ba

Going to be a nice return tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Xring01

Reaction score
So HTZ files BK, goes down to 78cents last Monday and at $6.84 after hours. Think about that for a minute and tell me what’s wrong with this market.

Exactly, shit like that, makes me scratch my head...
The moment I think I have a better understanding of how the market operate... Shit like this... WTF just happened..

Yep thats my initial thought..

Followed up with...
What am I missing, am I that stupid?

Followed up with..
Fuck I am a dumb ass... for ever thinking I could understand this...

I tend to stay away from that make me scratch my head... Cause I dont need any help making me look more stupid than I am. So staying away, makes me look alot smarter.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Got 200 shares of BA and 2 contracts of ba

Going to be a nice return tomorrow.

Nvm was down 4500. Was able to rally a little bit and cut my lossea at 3100k.

Halvecto

Reaction score

Chesapeake Energy $CHK stock closed at $14.05 on Thurs, $24.80 on Fri & $69.92 yesterday. After the close they announced the preparation of a chapter 11 bankruptcy & will hand the keys over to the bondholders. :oops: It will be one of the largest CH 11 deals in Energy and will likely pave the way for more, now that someone else bit the bullett.

The stock was halted pre-market this morning with the bkrptcy announcement.

Stock then released for trading mid-morning. First trade was $19.20. Stock is currently trading at $31.31.

Lots to observe in this:
>I am a believer in looking for stocks moving higher, not lower. Stocks at 52-week highs are usually there for a reason. Keep an eye on Relative Strength, it gives an idea of the move is Beta (rising tide) or demand. That said, chasing (up or down) blow-up or blow-out huge moves in a stock, is sketchy. Depending on the company. But 300%+ in three days is anomaly, not a pattern.

>Trying to short a stock, on a hot take, with this kind of volume and volatility is best left to the big traders or simply avoided totally, imagine getting your shares to sell short at around $20. Now down $30 on a bankrupt company short position. It may very well go to zero (a la Sears Holding), but with the kind of capital assets of an Energy company like CHK, there will be some kind of workout for them.

>CHK became a darling stock in short order in last few weeks. Placing a stop order or a trailing stop (w/out limit) order in this, thinking you will conserve most of the gain just got lasered.

With all the growing and profitable companies out there, it's always interesting to me that people will try to outmaneuver the market monster, rather than just go build quality investment positions. Like bugs to a bright light. Anyone is susceptible. Myself included.

I read lots of confusion on Hertz lately, a bankrupt company with a stock going up. My .02¢, buying these is less about investing, more about throwing darts.

1591726175857.png

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
Chesapeake Energy $CHK stock closed at $14.05 on Thurs, $24.80 on Fri & $69.92 yesterday. After the close they announced the preparation of a chapter 11 bankruptcy & will hand the keys over to the bondholders. :oops: It will be one of the largest CH 11 deals in Energy and will likely pave the way for more, now that someone else bit the bullett.

The stock was halted pre-market this morning with the bkrptcy announcement.

Stock then released for trading mid-morning. First trade was $19.20. Stock is currently trading at $31.31.

Lots to observe in this:
>Trying to short a stock, on a hot take, with this kind of volume and volatility is best left to the big traders or simply avoided totally, imagine getting your shares to sell short at around $20. Now down $30 on a bankrupt company short position. It may very well go to zero (a la Sears Holding), but with the kind of capital assets of an Energy company like CHK, there will be some kind of workout for them.
>CHK became a darling stock in short order in last few weeks. Placing a stop order or a trailing stop (w/out limit) order in this, thinking you will conserve most of the gain just got lasered.

With all the growing and profitable companies out there, it's always interesting to me that people will try to outmaneuver the market monster, rather than just go build quality investment positions. Like bugs to a bright light. Anyone is susceptible.

I read lots of confusion on Hertz lately, a bankrupt company with a stock going up. My .02¢, buying these is less about investing, more about throwing darts.

With the covid, the stimulus money, the ease of trading with Robinhood, places like Reddit /r/pennystocks to organize and pump, and people like Dave Portnoy leading the "stocks only go up" charge... You are exactly right: people are throwing darts.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
With the covid, the stimulus money, the ease of trading with Robinhood, places like Reddit /r/pennystocks to organize and pump, and people like Dave Portnoy leading the "stocks only go up" charge... You are exactly right: people are throwing darts.

I gotta admit though, Davey Day Trader could be pretty entertaining. Not as good as his pizza reviews, but still funny.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I lost a bunch on CHK when it did 200-1 reverse a few months ago, win some lose some! I think some are going to get burned with the airline and cruise ship stocks, maybe not the long range guys but the guys trying to be part of the run. Loses in the billions and stock flying up 10% a day, something is fishy.

HCP3

Reaction score
I gotta admit though, Davey Day Trader could be pretty entertaining. Not as good as his pizza reviews, but still funny.

Yes it is. I can't stop watching 😆

Halvecto

Reaction score

Portnoy is both annoying and entertaining to many. Neither for me. What he understands it that being bombastic is a shtick that garners attention, and he has figured out how to capitalize on it. He isn't in a position that will require him to tell everyone when the music stops on the "easy" part of it. Hard not to respect, to some degree, the fact he built himself a business that got him to the point where what he says about Buffett seems to matter to some people. He just has decided to tick some people off to get that access.

The market has a way of bringing most oveconfident people to their proverbial money knees.

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Nvm was down 4500. Was able to rally a little bit and cut my lossea at 3100k.

You sold BA for a loss? Am I reading that correct? You sold for a $3100 loss?
Why not keep it long term?

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Watch your money go is not fun Maserati stock went from 1 to 3.50 in a hour today then it go back to 90 cents they are playing us little guys

jet496

Reaction score
Watch your money go is not fun Maserati stock went from 1 to 3.50 in a hour today then it go back to 90 cents they are playing us little guys
The problem that I've found with day trading, which is trying to time the market and make intelligent decisions, is the market marches to the beat of a different drummer than the rest of us. It has no rhyme or reason. When you think something will go up, it goes down & visa versa.

I noticed over the decades that my mutual funds have outperformed my stock picks big fucking time because some of my picks even went belly up although I made sound decisions based on the information out there, which was complete bull shit & printing totally false & deceiving information should be criminal.

I finally put my money in ETF's with each fund having it's own money manager constantly repositioning depending on the market climate. I've kicked ass in this covid market although I do expect a turn around. It makes no sense right now.

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
You sold BA for a loss? Am I reading that correct? You sold for a $3100 loss?
Why not keep it long term?
Mitigate my losses. My style is more intraday trading and closing out positions before the market closes. I had them since last Wednesday and I'm still up in total from when I first bought them. Im just going to go back to intraday for the next few weeks.

Money I'm day trading with is seperate from my long term investment accounts

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Mitigate my losses. My style is more intraday trading and closing out positions before the market closes. I had them since last Wednesday and I'm still up in total from when I first bought them. Im just going to go back to intraday for the next few weeks.

Money I'm day trading with is seperate from my long term investment accounts

I was curious because I’m in for the long haul with BA unless it hits $300 share then I’m out lol

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Dam aot of shit tanking? Waiting on Feds?