WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2020 Stock Market Crystal Ball

HCP3

Reaction score
What are we thinking the feds will say? Good or bad outlook?

Xring01

Reaction score
What are we thinking the feds will say? Good or bad outlook?

Exactly,,,
They will have a whole of political market rallying verbage, to break the bad news to us...

Something to the effect
The CV19 closures/policys had a significant impact to society, unemployment & business which had a huge effect on our economy, however the economy has outperformed our expections, and is recovering faster than expected. We hope to return to Un employment rate of ____________ %, in the next 3-6 months, with a GDP of ________% blah blah blah...

Bears will see this as bad news and sell.
The bulls will see this as good news and buy...

Market will swing down 300-500 points in the next day or so, and recoup all of in the following 5 trading days.

All be above is my bullshit, because I have no freaking clue of how its gonna go... just a wild guess.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
I ponied up and joined Montley Fool. I have to say their picks through all of this have been spot on. At least the ones I have purchased. I am up on a good 35% over the last 6 months on their picks. Keep in mind their picks are not geared around timing the market. I am not a day trader. I actually hardly ever sell anything. I am a long term player who purchases small amounts incrementally over time in the same portfolio of stocks while adding new ones every couple of months. Warren Buffett once said he regrets every stock he ever sold

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I don’t do sentences very well “ $ I love money make it son keep your spelling up did you buy Mgm at 6 probably not keep your spelling up

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
This crap has been happening a lot over the last few weeks. 🤣

1591804930048.png

Xring01

Reaction score
Well my day is starting out pretty good..
Lets see what happens when the Fed updates us... How much will I lose..

1591813355882.png

boatnam2

Reaction score
Jumped out Monday on most my stuff, looks like a new buy in will be in the near future.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Closed out my Exxon and United and bought 27 more shares of Boeing. Sure hope they get this 737 shit show together!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I've been out of TZA for a while (fortunately) but I may start having some fun again in the upcoming weeks.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Looks like I was just a week or so early when I jumped out.

there is more downside to go peeps.

i am going to try to pick out some good solid stocks to jump back into when I feel this carnage is over.

its almost impossible to time the market peeps.

good luck everybody

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Looks like I was just a week or so early when I jumped out.

there is more downside to go peeps.

i am going to try to pick out some good solid stocks to jump back into when I feel this carnage is over.

its almost impossible to time the market peeps.

good luck everybody
I was going to get when I was up 10k the other day. Now I’m barely up 2k.

I will be drinking tonight.

2Driver

Reaction score
Millions of day traders are fucking with this market. How do you explain the big run up of certain companies that are fighting off bankruptcy? Trading now more than ever is gambling not stock picking. It has little to do with PE or profitability, sort of like the late 90’s

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Millions of day traders are fucking with this market. How do you explain the big run up of certain companies that are fighting off bankruptcy? Trading now more than ever is gambling not stock picking. It has little to do with PE or profitability, sort of like the late 90’s

I think it is the other way around.. the millions of hedgefunds and large banks/investment groups are fucking with the market and have for years. Collectively they have enough buying power to move the markets.. They are the first ones in, and first ones out. The entire market is a pump and dump. The day traders just follow.

Englewood

Reaction score
I think it is the other way around.. the millions of hedgefunds and large banks/investment groups are fucking with the market and have for years. Collectively they have enough buying power to move the markets.. They are the first ones in, and first ones out. The entire market is a pump and dump. The day traders just follow.

I agree...Run it up take profits...

Im buying every day. When everyone wants to sell, I buy.

2Driver

Reaction score

Those are the “day traders“.

Pretty much luck for the average Joe sitting home on his Ameritrade account picking stocks. .
Broken clock is right twice a day

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
GUSH hit $39. Buying more? I am thinking about it.

I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. If it opens lower I will for sure.

I was thinking of selling when it was over $60 actually, but I held because of FOMO 😂 . It was a no brainer to buy under $20, now I'm putting a little more thought into when I should put in more and also about when to exit

I still have positions in JNUG and SPXL, that are just kind of dithering around, but still nicely in the black.

2Driver

Reaction score
The only certain thing is that the libs and Media will create catastrophic event after catastrophic event until November in order to quill all rallies or positive news

The 2nd wave is the new “world is ending” headline. Anything to kill America from now to November.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The only certain thing is that the libs and Media will create catastrophic event after catastrophic event until November in order to quill all rallies or positive news

The 2nd wave is the new “world is ending” headline. Anything to kill America from now to November.

I believe there is much more to come.....they won't quit as they are fighting for their lives and everybody else can go to hell as far as they are concerned.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I'm going to see what happens tomorrow. If it opens lower I will for sure.

I was thinking of selling when it was over $60 actually, but I held because of FOMO [emoji23] . It was a no brainer to buy under $20, now I'm putting a little more thought into when I should put in more and also about when to exit

I still have positions in JNUG and SPXL, that are just kind of dithering around, but still nicely in the black.

JNUG has slowly trended down the last several days. Sold my positions today to try and jump deeper into Gush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halvecto

Reaction score
Mr. Market decided it wanted to shake some people up today. Whoa.

I added to RDP spreadsheet; it shows comparison of how a stock is doing relative to major Index YTD, from the Feb high and the March low. See how a stock is performing in both down and up markets. If it is at (Beta) or better (Alpha), than the market (^SPX or ^IXIC) it's worth a some time to see how and why. This spreadsheet is a poor-man's view of RSI (relative Strength Indicator). We watch RS (slightly different than RSI) before buying or selling any position.

There is an input box in the top left of the spreadsheet that allows you to input a symbol (stock, ETF or Mutual Fund).

Click this link to see how your picks are doing> RDP Stock Comparison

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
JNUG has slowly trended down the last several days. Sold my positions today to try and jump deeper into Gush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. JNUG is/was my depression hedging position. Again I got in so low, it was a no brainer at the time, and upside is huge.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was going to get when I was up 10k the other day. Now I’m barely up 2k.

I will be drinking tonight.

Dude, I thought you cashed out when you were up 10k? Damn! I was only up 1k or so but I jumped out. I think thats when you said you were up 10k.

Its just too Volatile right now. I have about 2k in Long Games stuff now and am not opening up my app daily. LOL...its too stressful!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Dude, I thought you cashed out when you were up 10k? Damn! I was only up 1k or so but I jumped out. I think thats when you said you were up 10k.

Its just too Volatile right now. I have about 2k in Long Games stuff now and am not opening up my app daily. LOL...its too stressful!
I pushed out, I figured the moment I pulled out it would sky rocket. Lesson learned. Taking a large gain is never bad.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Re-evaluating my NKLA position.........
My MGM Calls are fucking me.
FMCI didnt go as expected.
TGIF

Halvecto

Reaction score
Mr. Market decided it wanted to shake some people up today. Whoa.

I added to RDP spreadsheet; it shows comparison of how a stock is doing relative to major Index YTD, from the Feb high and the March low. See how a stock is performing in both down and up markets. If it is at (Beta) or better (Alpha), than the market (^SPX or ^IXIC) it's worth a some time to see how and why. This spreadsheet is a poor-man's view of RSI (relative Strength Indicator). We watch RS (slightly different than RSI) before buying or selling any position.

There is an input box in the top left of the spreadsheet that allows you to input a symbol (stock, ETF or Mutual Fund).

Click this link to see how your picks are doing> RDP Stock Comparison

Made a few changes to the spreadsheet. Feel free to offer ideas to add or adjust it.

RDP Stock Comparison